PDA

View Full Version : Help! Glycerin question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fleadogs
Fri, Mar-15-02, 13:28
Hi,

I saw several recipes using glycerin and I would like to try a couple. I just purchased some glycerin from the drug store, but when I read the fine print at home it says, use as a humectant for skin... external use only. Is there such a thing as food grade glycerin? and where do you find it?

Thanks,
fleadogs

fleadogs
Fri, Mar-29-02, 08:00
Just in case someone reads this thread and wants to know the answer. I found there is a food grade glycerin and it was available at my local home brewing store. Others suggested looking in the candy making section of a large craft type store and lastly if you type food grade glycerin into a search engine then you can find access on the web.

IslandGirl
Sun, Mar-31-02, 21:42
Also found in my larger Health Food Store, sports supplements section.

PS: glycerin is also known as glycerol, has 4.34 calories per gram and is a "Hidden Carb". Read up if you haven't already, using the Search feature in this Forum!