PDA

View Full Version : Sweets

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ellbeegee
Fri, Mar-15-02, 09:22
What does everyone else do to stop the sweets cravings? Is there anything we can eat that is sweet? (Maybe everyone else has stronger will power than me.)

A lot of the low-carb recipes for desserts I have read should not be eaten by those of us with candida.

Any ideas?

Would like to hear from others. Thanks!!!

IslandGirl
Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:54
For both sweets cravings and glutathione support (helpful as Candida thrashes these things and this is NOT helpful to the liver and immune system and brain function), I recommend L-Glutamine, a readily available supplement and amino acid.

Kay
Wed, Apr-03-02, 16:49
I asked some questions about candida on the Atkins help line on his website. They said stevia is okay to use.

If you are not familiar with stevia, do a search here and you will find lots of information. It's great stuff.

ellbeegee
Wed, Apr-03-02, 19:32
Thanks for your replies.

Kay: I will go to the health food store and get some!

IslandGirl: What is "glutathione support?"
Are you saying that L=Glutamine is harmful to the liver??? What are Candida thrashes? Thanks.

LBG

IslandGirl
Mon, Apr-08-02, 13:12
What is "glutathione support?"
Are you saying that L=Glutamine is harmful to the liver??? What are Candida thrashes?

Hi, LBG!

Actually, I'm saying that taking L-glutamine supplements is helpful to or supporting glutathione production, which is GOOD for the liver that does ALL the hard work of metabolizing and is badly affected by Candida. So L-Glutamine is good.

When something 'thrashes' the Candida, that's just a weird (Canadian maybe?) way of saying something beats up the Candida. That's good, too.

So L-Glutamine not only eases cravings, it helps boost glutathione production. For lots of technical info about glutathione, do a websearch and you will be amazed... I was.

Stevia is an herbal-based sweetener product, get the white stevia extract not the green stuff (awfully strong aftertaste).