PDA

View Full Version : Russell Stover Low carb bars!! 2 net!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jess77
Thu, May-01-08, 11:25
OMG! I have died and gone to Heaven! well, not yet but You may think so after trying these.
First I just want to say that in no way, shape, or form am I employed by Russell Stover.
They come in blueberry, apple, cinnamon roll, and granola(i think). The blueberry ones are the best!
I have eaten one a day for the last week and I have lost 3 lbs. So they don't stall me.
I ssooooo feel like I'm cheating when I eat one of these.
They carry them at the larger chains of Walmart. I haven't looked for them anywhere else. They are located beside all the "power bars".

Anyone else had them?

Nancy LC
Thu, May-01-08, 11:41
Beware of gas and possibly diarrhea. These things are usually loaded with bad kinds of sugar alcohols that do nasty things to one's gut.

jjfaeries
Thu, May-01-08, 11:47
i just found them last week. They are great and don't bother me either!!!!

DrH
Thu, May-01-08, 13:03
Just an FYI, if sugar alcohols DO NOT bother you, your body is processing them just as they would carbs. Hence, I would urge you to count the gross carbs in lieu of the net carbs, which is a HUGE difference. Jill

Tish437
Thu, May-01-08, 13:13
My grocery store carries several kinds of RS sugar-free candies, I limit myself to 1 a day. They're good. Also, Dove has some SF candies too that are also good. (I like the raspberry chocolate.)

Luzyanna
Thu, May-01-08, 14:18
I have a box of them in my freezer but unfortunately I found them way too sweet. Hubby won't even eat them. :lol:

MizKitty
Thu, May-01-08, 15:31
Thanks, I've never seen these. Love the Russell Stover Net Carb candies, though.

misschris
Thu, May-01-08, 19:44
Just be careful. A few years ago I thought these didn't bother me either, until they did. You become addicted to them just as you would a carb, and it's not a good thing!! I have them now on very rare occasions.

Ptrcmcc6
Fri, May-02-08, 06:07
I love the Dove s/f raspberry chocolate candies. That's what i have once in awhile if I'm in the mood for a piece of chocolate.

Tish437
Fri, May-02-08, 09:35
If I'm remembering correctly, one of the higher-ranking muckety-mucks in the Stover family lost a lot of weight on a low carb diet, and decided that they would start making the sugar-free candies. A very nice man. :)

cindielyn
Sat, May-03-08, 03:54
I find it incredible the high quality treats that are available, RS being one of the best. Unfortunatly I discovered that they do stall me, so my "stash" , which I did limit to 1 piece a day, has been put on hold until I reach maintenence.