PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Items that you order from Netrition!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

poindexter
Mon, Apr-28-08, 12:14
I haven't ordered yet, and I don't know where to begin.
I guess I'll begin with whatever I can't get from the stores here (everything!)

But taste-wise what are your top 5??

LoKarb Kay
Mon, Apr-28-08, 12:19
Gigantic tubs of Nutiva coconut oil!

Helen H
Mon, Apr-28-08, 12:53
Stevia. But now I'm growing my own.

lené
Mon, Apr-28-08, 13:24
I get the DaVinci syrups, erythritol (both granular and powdered), coconut oil, almond meal and hazelnut meal, coconut flour, ground golden flax. I also order some of my supplements from them.

SandyDown
Mon, Apr-28-08, 13:43
Nothing, I stick to my local meat and veg stores :D

Didy
Mon, Apr-28-08, 14:04
New Hope Pancake and Waffle mix (really keeps me grounded during a rough PMS!)

Walden Farms Pancake Syrup and Blueberry Syrup

Joseph's Pita Bread (Freezes very well and they really are great tasting, don't knock me out of ketosis OR cause cravings.)

GG Scandanavian Crispbread

Carbquick mix (I don't eat this very often, but it's kind of fun to experiment with)

That's about it for me. I just like to have things on hand for a bit of a mix up in my daily meals once in awhile.

LynnDee
Mon, Apr-28-08, 14:08
The only things I get are whey protein powder and lots of DaVinci syrups.

Luzyanna
Mon, Apr-28-08, 15:40
1) Almond flour
2) Dixie Diner muffin mixes (dude those RAWK - carrot cake & banana nut)
3) Scandinavian crispbread
4) Dreamfield pasta
5) Sugar free marshmallows (for special dishes on holidays)

renie
Mon, Apr-28-08, 16:00
Da Vinci
Cinnamon Pork Rinds
Almond flour (cheaper than in stores for me)
thicknthin not sugar/ not starch (fiber thickener things, I only use them every once in a while so they'll last a really long time)

misschris
Mon, Apr-28-08, 16:21
1) Davinci Syrups
2) Carbquick
3) Dixie Diner Muffins (Carrot and Chocolate) for special occasions
4) Fiberfit
5) Flax-Z-Snax Granola (Macadamia Cranberry)
6) Scandanavian Crispbread

yes, that's 6 :lol: I just placed an order today, to get bunches of low carb products to take on vacation. that is always tough for me so I make muffins, brownies, etc and take things to snack on so I'm not tempted.

liddie01
Mon, Apr-28-08, 17:14
Davinchi Syrups(love the varity)

Josephs flax pita breads

walden farms syrups

jokin als fruit spreads

almond flour

jonsereds
Mon, Apr-28-08, 18:19
Carb quick, carb quick, carb quick, did I mention carb quick heheheheheehe

samika
Mon, Apr-28-08, 19:34
cinnamon pork rinds,even though theyve been out of them!!!! help!!!!!!

MizKitty
Mon, Apr-28-08, 20:08
Oh Yeah! Protein Wafer Bars
GG Scandanavian Crispbreads
Walden Farms Pancake & Strawberry Syrups
Nutiva coconut oil
NOW Pumpkin Seeds & Unsweetened Coconut
Honorable mention:
La Nouba Chocolate Covered Marshmallows

misschris
Mon, Apr-28-08, 20:36

*sigh* they aren't in stock and won't be until July :( Oh I want some so bad!!! LOL!

holly_h
Mon, Apr-28-08, 21:36
The davinci syrups are good- i ordered 5 bottles last time (go big or go home=) , but now that I am not on the shakes anymore, i don't have much use for them. They are good mixed with some cream cheese and gelatin and then frozen into little cheesecake balls. I love hazelnut and marshmallow mixed. Delish and only a few carbs when you are desperate for something sweet, and frozen.
The diner dixie carotcake muffins are the best thing ever! i only make one package every few weeks, but they are perfect when I am so sick of eggs, or anything with eggs in it.
I tried the almond milk that someone had recommended, i should have known it would taste awful, it did.

MizKitty
Tue, Apr-29-08, 06:43

*sigh* they aren't in stock and won't be until July Oh I want some so bad!!! LOL!

Aren't they wonderful? They taste just like I remember those chocolate covered marshmallow eggs that came in the little egg cartons at easter time tasting. It's probably a good thing they're out of stock more than they're in!

poindexter
Tue, Apr-29-08, 08:41
I read about these microwave pork rinds on someone's low carb blog. He gave 'em a good review.

I've never had hot, just made pork rinds....other than when we get slab bacon

Didy
Tue, Apr-29-08, 13:18
I read about these microwave pork rinds on someone's low carb blog. He gave 'em a good review.

I've never had hot, just made pork rinds....other than when we get slab bacon

I bought a big ol' case of these and ended up throwing them away. The rinds got so hard in the heating process, it was impossible to bite into them.. only a few per bag were actually edible and I tried different timings too. AND different microwaves, as I have two.

zorra_1
Tue, Apr-29-08, 21:22
1) DaVinci's flavors that I can't find near me (esp. English Toffee)
2) Nutiva Coconut Oil
3) Supplements
4) Whey Protein
5) Sweet Leaf Stevia

jpatti
Wed, Apr-30-08, 22:06
Pretty much just the DaVinci syrups.

I used to order mroe from them, but a Wegman's opened up near me and I can get all my supplements, coconut oil, low-cab tortillas, almond meal, flax meal, stevia and such with my normal grocery shopping now.

renie
Thu, May-01-08, 09:09
Pretty much just the DaVinci syrups.

I used to order mroe from them, but a Wegman's opened up near me and I can get all my supplements, coconut oil, low-cab tortillas, almond meal, flax meal, stevia and such with my normal grocery shopping now.

one more year until Wegman's opens!!!! :yum:

little red
Thu, May-15-08, 19:48
1) DaVinci SF pancake syrup
2) 5lb bag of CarbQuik (to make pancakes, of course!)
3) Big Train Hot Chocolate
4) Dreamfields Linguine
5) Walden Farms Apricot Fruit Spread

rspar
Sat, May-17-08, 19:44
How many carbs would there be in say 2 large pancakes and the usual amount of syrup? Using carquick and davinci

samika
Wed, May-21-08, 04:39
im waiting for the cinnamunch pork rinds to come back in stock. How long do these freakin things usually take? Im dying here! lol

Doulton
Sun, Jun-08-08, 15:47
Bran-A-Crisp and/or GG Scandanavian Crispbreads

Flax-Z-Meal cereal (the cinnamon has no fake sweeteners if you are trying to avoid it).

Dixie Diner Nutlettes

little red
Sun, Jun-08-08, 16:26
How many carbs would there be in say 2 large pancakes and the usual amount of syrup? Using carquick and davinci

About 6 carbs for 2 pancakes by my calculations if you use the recipe that calls for carbquick, butter, heavy cream & water. The syrup is 0 carbs.

That said, I don't think carbquick low carb pancakes and syrup are very good if you are on induction because of the splenda in the syrup -- artificial sweetners are supposed to be avoided while on induction.

krazykati
Sun, Jun-08-08, 16:38

Hey.....I'm new to this website, and it's my first post! :wave::yay::wave: I found some info on the carbquik pancakes. :yum: :yum: :yum:
See below:

2 cups carbquik - LC Baking Mix
1/8 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1 stick butter, melted
1/8 cup water

Stir together and cook following directions on the box.

Made 8 pancakes - 1 pancake:

Calories: 234
Fat: 20
S. Fat: 10
Carbs: 20 (4 net carbs per pancake)
Fiber: 16
Protein: 8

MizKitty
Sun, Jun-08-08, 16:52
Welcome Krazykati!

Pancake lovers, here's a recipe that's easy and delicious and you won't have to eat the carbs in carbquick:

Faux Frenchtoast Pancakes
Whisk together 3 eggs, 3 T heavy cream, 1 pkt splenda, 1 cap vanilla, sprinkle of cinnamon, sprinkle of nutmeg, pour into a skillet and brown on both sides like a pancake. Makes 2.

IMO, the Walden Farms pancake syrup is much better than the DaVinci. It's normal thickness, too.

The Walden Farms pancake syrup mixed into tomato sauce along with some liquid smoke and worcestershire sauce makes delicious LC BBQ sauce, too.

Walden Farms BBQ sauce: not so good.

ebp
Sat, Jun-14-08, 12:50
Joseph's Pita Bread - Imake pita chips with it. Nice for something crunchy with tuna and such.
Carbquick - use it for lots of stuff.

lowcarbUgh
Sat, Jun-14-08, 14:26
Dixie Diner's Pancake Mix
Carbquik
Vermont SF Maple Syrup (tastes more like the real thing)
DaVinci syrups
Almond Flour

CooknCajun
Fri, Jul-04-08, 13:42
Carbquick, Carbalose flour, wheat protein isolate.

I plan to order the L.C. pitas and marshmallows or marshmallow mix in the future.

Flax meal I make cheaper than buying pre-ground, same for almond meal.

Whey protein isolate, on sale right now at vitacost.com one brand is 3 lb for $19.00 Also organic black soybeans in the can cheaper than netrition right now. shipping flat rate $5

Netrition though has much bigger inventory of L.C. items than vitacost.

liddie01
Fri, Jul-04-08, 15:26
one more year until Wegman's opens!!!! :yum:
I work in the Wegman's Distribution Center, but I have to drive an hour to get to a Store :help:

jpatti
Sat, Jul-05-08, 15:56
Carbquick, Carbalose flour, wheat protein isolate.

What do you do with the carbalose? I ordered some thinking it'd be more versatile than carbquick, but haven't found many recipes that use it.

calicopurr
Sat, Jul-12-08, 23:53
What do you do with the almond flour?

jpatti
Sun, Jul-13-08, 02:29
Some of my almond meal recipes:

4 servings sesame crackers: mix together 1 cup almond meal, 1 egg white, 2 TB sesame seeds, 1/4 tsp lite salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp onion powder; place small balls of batter (about the size of a marble) on a foil-lined cookie sheet, cover with a piece of plastic wrap and flatten with a glass; bake at 300 for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown
Per serving: 7g total carb (not net), 8g protein, 191 calories

1 serving egg and cheese sandwich: melt 1 TB butter in square Pyrex dish, stir in 1 beaten egg, 2 TB flax meal, 2 TB almond meal and 1/4 tsp baking powder; cover and microwave for 90 seconds; put on plate, top with 1 ounce cheddar and 1 hard-cooked egg; nuke until cheese melts .
Per serving: 9g total carb (not net), 26g protein, 542 calories

1 serving pancakes: mix 1/2 cup almond meal, 1 egg, 1/8 cup water, 1 TB melted butter, 1/8 tsp lite salt; fry one third of batter at a time in a total of 1 TB butter.
Per serving: 13g total carb (not net), 19g protein, 598 calories

Molten muffin: nuke 2 TB coconut oil until melted; mix in 1 egg, 2 TB cocoa, 1/4 cup almond meal, 1/2 tsp baking powder and sweetener equivalent to 6 tsp sugar; float a square of 85% Lindt chocolate in batter; nuke for 90 seconds.
Per serving: 15g total carb (not net), 15g protein, 548 calories

8 servings berry tart: mix 1 1/2 cups almond meal, sweetener equivalent to 3 TB sugar, and 3 TB melted butter then press into pie pan and bake for about 10 minutes at 350; beat together 8 oz mascarpone, 1/3 cup heavy cream, sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar and a 1/8 tsp vanilla extract until mixture holds stiff peaks; spoon mixture into cooled pie shell evenly; slice 1 1/2 cups strawberries and mix with 1 cup raspberries, 1 cup blackberries and 1 cup blueberries in bowl; heat 2 TB strawberry Simply Fruit preserves and 2 TB water in small saucepan until slightly reduced, then pour over berries and stir gently with a rubber spatula; mound berries over cheese filling and chill for 2 hours.
Per serving: 16g total carb (not net), 8g protein, 357 calories

The same crust can be used for cheesecakes too; there's bazillions of low-carb cheesecake recipes out there.

I've also done some experimenting making quickbreads using almond meal, flax meal and DaVinci syrups, but haven't gotten a recipe I'm happy with just yet. I think I've been using too much flax. I'm not experimenting now cause it's too hot to bake, so maybe next winter I'll get those recipes worked out.