PDA

View Full Version : Davinci Syrups

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jjfaeries
Mon, Apr-28-08, 10:19
I found a Chef's Outlet store that sells the sugar free Davinci Syrups. Big bottles!! I only bought Vanilla b/c I've put it in my coffee and on mock danishes before. Could you all post which flavors you use and what you do with them? The lady at the store said she'd let me look at the list and they would order what they don't have in the store. Any and all suggestions welcome!!

Lie2MeJL
Mon, Apr-28-08, 10:24
CHOCOLATE! I add it to heavy cream before I whip it up. YUM! (I do this with vanilla and caramel too, but chocolate seems to be my favorite)

I've used the kahlua to make "white russians" with cream and vodka

Raspberry for italian sodas (syrup and club soda)

There are others I'd like to try, like cookies and cream, but I have so many bottles that are practically full that I don't wanna keep buying.

Gidget1007
Mon, Apr-28-08, 10:26
So far, I've only tried the french vanilla, but it seemed a little strong for me. I debated the Hazelnutt one, but decided to buy just "vanilla" yesterday to try. I use it in that blueberry ice cream recipe instead of the plain "sweetener".

Citruskiss
Mon, Apr-28-08, 11:17
Top favourites are vanilla and hazelnut. Both used in homemade LC hot chocolate drinks (cocoa powder, boiling water, SF Da Vinci, and either coconut milk or heavy cream).

Also like this English Toffee flavour - but I think that might be a Torani one. Maybe they have that one in the Da Vinci brand too?

Happy shopping.

logansmom7
Mon, Apr-28-08, 11:35
Where else can you buy these?

Gidget1007
Mon, Apr-28-08, 11:35
I got mine at Sam's Club. Not sure where else carries them.

mike_d
Mon, Apr-28-08, 11:36
I like the Kahlua in coffee, I had to cut back on the Splenda (sucralose) as it seems to make me jittery and causes GI upsets if I use too much for too long a time. I found some SF in the coffee isle at the local super Wal*Mart.

Lie2MeJL
Mon, Apr-28-08, 11:41
Where else can you buy these?

I've gotten almost all of mine at Sams Club, but I've also seen them at Wal-Mart (in smaller bottles) and a few local health food stores.

You can also order them online at netrition.com

PghLady74
Mon, Apr-28-08, 11:54
I got mine at Sam's Club. Not sure where else carries them.

netrition.com!!!

they have tons of flavors!!!!! I looooove the egg nog flavor! I use it in my egg cream all the time. I may have to buy a bunch of bottles to last next winter. (they don't ship during the winter because of the glass bottles). I also use white chocolate, hazlenut and vanilla.
I have Artisans in Pomegranate and rasberry.

Kisal
Mon, Apr-28-08, 12:24
I like all the flavors! :yum: I buy them online at netrition.com, because of the low shipping rates.

feelskinny
Mon, Apr-28-08, 12:26
Great in soda water; over whipped cream or if you like flavored coffee. I've used them over LC cheescake...a little runny but still adds that yummyness.

My personal fav is choc.

PghLady74
Mon, Apr-28-08, 12:34
The DaVinci website has some "summer" flavors on sale for 50 cents less than netrition. If you are buying up to 3 bottles, the shipping is actually the same as netrition and you will save 1.50.

LynnDee
Mon, Apr-28-08, 12:43
English Toffee & Kahlua are my two favorites to add to coffee & put over lc cheesecake.

Peppermint Patty is good but strong, make mocha protein shakes with this.

Love the rasberry, over lc cheesecake, protein fruit smoothies.

The only I haven't like so far is the Peach, a bit strong, even when mixed with other fruits in a smoothie.

lené
Mon, Apr-28-08, 13:29
I have tons of these. I usually use the French vanilla, myself, on the rare occasions when I sweeten a drink. Most of the rest I use in baking or mix with other deserts. Hubby and son use them in coffee, and they especially like the creme de menthe for that.

I just whipped together a brick of softened cream cheese, some bottled Key lime juice, coconut DV syrup, and softened butter the other day to make a fluffy dessert. It'd be great in an almond crust, but we ate it in tiny dishes instead.

jjfaeries
Mon, Apr-28-08, 21:11
hijacking my own thread here, but can you tell me more about the protein shakes? what's the carb count? where and what brand do you buy? i'm looking for something besides coffee to drink in the AM b/c i don't really need the caffeine, I just like to have a drink for breakfast instead of eating.

LynnDee
Mon, Apr-28-08, 21:23
hijacking my own thread here, but can you tell me more about the protein shakes? what's the carb count? where and what brand do you buy? i'm looking for something besides coffee to drink in the AM b/c i don't really need the caffeine, I just like to have a drink for breakfast instead of eating.

I can't eat in the mornings so I have a protein shake every morning. I order from netrition, I usually buy Designer Whey Protein in chocolate & vanilla. Not sure what the carb count is but I know it is pretty low.

Three favorite low carb shakes that I make are:

Cafe Mocha or Peppermint Cafe Mocha

2 tbsp heavy cream
1 cup water
1 tsp instant coffee
1 1/2 scoops of chocolate shake mix
ice cubes

Sometimes I had more cream which makes it taste better, also add peppermint patty sf DaVinci syrup if I want the peppermint flavor.

Rasberry shake

2 tbsp heavy cream - more if you want
1 cup water
3 tbsp rasberry sf DaVinci syrup - more if you want
1 1/2 scoops of vanilla shake mix
ice cubes

Chocolate Peanut butter shake

2 tbsp heavy cream (I usually add 4 tbsp for this shake)
1 cup water
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 1/2 scoops chocolate shake mix
ice cubes

jjfaeries
Mon, Apr-28-08, 21:31
wow! thanks!

misschris
Tue, Apr-29-08, 06:03
I use them everyday in my protein shakes and in my iced coffee. My fave is probably either caramel or english toffee. Yum yum yum!!!

Lie2MeJL
Tue, Apr-29-08, 08:49
Lynn your shake recipes make me wanna go buy some mix!!

LynnDee
Tue, Apr-29-08, 08:58
Lynn your shake recipes make me wanna go buy some mix!!

I get sick to my stomach if I eat first thing in the morning and I also run every morning. They are a life saver! My only problem is I make so many different really good ones I struggle every morning trying to figure out which one to make and then I struggle on what to wear every morning. I wonder if that is why I am late to work everyday? :lol:

Lie2MeJL
Tue, Apr-29-08, 09:09
I don't work out heavily but they sound good for a treat :)

LessLiz
Tue, Apr-29-08, 09:26
Just me but I find that all of them except the fruit flavored ones taste horribly artificial. I love the fruit flavors.

HELP 2008
Tue, Apr-29-08, 13:19
I just found out that they ARE certified kosher, so I'm interested!

Are there any flavors that everyone agrees is YUMMY :q:

Which fruit flavors do you like, LessLiz?

At about 8 bucks a bottle, and around 200 flavors, I have to narrow my search and want a recommendation.

I think that was actually the point of the thread. But as an outsider to the syrups, I (we) want to know if there is any consensus among those who have tried them, which few are really yummy.

Thanks,

Max

misschris
Tue, Apr-29-08, 13:23
If you have a TJ Maxx or Marshalls they usually have them. They usually have here, only limited flavors... vanilla, caramel, french vanilla, hazelnut and white chocolate. I love the caramel, vanilla and hazelnut. Others I like are the english toffee, marshmallow, almond, peanut butter and chocolate.

jjfaeries
Tue, Apr-29-08, 23:51
but what do you doooo with all of them? i assumed you could do more with them than just add them to drinks. I know VERY little about cooking and my lc cheesecakes never taste right. maybe i'm looking for an answer that's not there...

Dawna
Sun, May-11-08, 22:51
Did someone already mention pouring it over shaved ice for a snow cone?

Cookie dough is also good. I used it with my LC baking (cake and muffin) mixes back when you could get those everywhere. Don't know if they're still available.

GeeWee
Mon, May-12-08, 08:00
I also bought mine for $5.99 (The wine bottle sizes) at Marshall's, which is owned by the same company as TJ Maxx and Homegoods, so you might luck out at those locations as well... But yes, they had all the flavors mentioned above, but also rasberry! Can't wait to try that one!

daisyboo
Mon, May-12-08, 08:38
My favourite one is cherry - i add it to soya yoghurt with a little s/f choc sauce for a decadent dessert. Gonna get some soda water and add it to that with ice for a refreshing summertime drink :)

I mix vanilla and cinnamon and keep a little bottle of it in my bag so that i can get a green tea when i'm out, its my version of chai tea and is very delicious.

I also love the pancake flavour and the chocolate ones, usually i just have them with whipped cream but i'm dairy free right now.

Elizellen
Mon, May-12-08, 15:31
Ooh - I like the sound of your 'chai' tea, Daisy!

25mary
Tue, May-13-08, 12:25
I just bought the syrup at TJ Max for 5.99. I got a caramel and raspberry. Do you refridgerate after opening??

Also, does this stall anyone's weight loss?

KFangirl
Wed, May-14-08, 13:24
Great HawaiiItalian Soda:

Soda water
Pineapple sf syrup
1/4 c. cream

You're welcome!

logansmom7
Wed, May-14-08, 18:36
Where do you get the powder mix for the shakes??? I saw Whey protein in a gargantuous container at Wal-mart but wasn't really thinking I needed quite that much...

deirdra
Thu, May-15-08, 18:38
I found the da Vinci syrups all sickly sweet with a fake-flavour aftertaste that stayed with me all day. The eggnogg flavour tasted like Brylcreem smells to me - yuk! You may want to try one bottle before buying several.

Norag
Thu, May-15-08, 20:11
I add the caramel flavour to my plain yogourt and I love it. I sometimes add the French Vanilla, but don't like it as well as the caramel, although they are somewhat similar in taste. Those are the only two flavours I have tried so far.

I've actually had three people comment on how good my yogourt smells and/or looks during lunch hour. Strange but true.

Lie2MeJL
Thu, May-15-08, 21:12
what is the carb count on plain yogurt??

PilotGal
Fri, May-16-08, 05:42
what is the carb count on plain yogurt??different brands have different counts.

skeeweeaka
Fri, May-16-08, 06:10

I use Designer Whey Protein powder it only has 2 grams of carbs per scoop. I usually purchase mine at GNC.

MizKitty
Fri, May-16-08, 11:39
I've pretty much stopped buying them because I don't know what to do with them, either. They're too runny to enjoy poured over food, IMO.

I like the vanilla in my coffee.

gmmd
Fri, May-16-08, 11:45
I love the Raspberry. You can get that at TJ Maxx and Marshall's. The also have a similar product - I forget the name - that's great too. Usually like $5 a bottle....

daisyboo
Fri, May-16-08, 14:25
I just ordered some orange da vinic's online so i'm making up a bottle of chai syrup with that, cinnamon and a dash of vanilla to take to work for my tea :yum:

Also i tried the raspberry and cherry flavours in soda water with ice cubes, what a refreshing and delicous drink.

Sometimes i mix a little peanut butter with some da vinci's syrup (usually irish cream) for a dairy free dessert.

Aisleone
Sat, May-17-08, 05:12
The Chai Tea is wonderful added to ice cold soda with just a pinch of heavy cream or even just add to ice water for a quick iced chai tea. I just open a bottle of water add the syrup and shake it up.