PDA

View Full Version : Broccoli and Cheese soup..how many carbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gem52372
Sun, Apr-27-08, 15:15
Ok does anyone know how many carbs or close to how many carbs are in a cup of broccoli and cheese soup? I had some at lunch today and I am thinking maybe that it might have done me in for the carbs LOL Someone please help.
Thanx

pennink
Sun, Apr-27-08, 15:52
You'd have to know the ingredients? If you didn't make it, and you bought it 'out' it's more than likely got cornstarch or someother carby thickener in it.

If you made it yourself, plug it into MyPlan recipes to see what it is per the portion size you had.

dining out is an art in interrogation.

gem52372
Sun, Apr-27-08, 15:59
I went out to eat but thankfully it was at TGIFridays and you can find most recipes for them online so I got the info I needed. Its was slightly higher than what I wanted to eat, but I will cut back on the carbs for dinner tonight. But this was my first eating out experience since starting and I am so proud of myself and how I handled it. woohoo for me!!!

misschris
Mon, Apr-28-08, 16:47
Most soups at restaurants have cornstarch in them. Also, many of them use cheese similar to velveeta. If at all possible, don't eat soups out, there is generally something bad hidden in there.