PDA

View Full Version : Flavor drops

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WyoDiva
Thu, Apr-24-08, 19:34
I found a very interesting site (from reading on another LC site) that sells a very cool product: flavor drops. Here's the link (http://capellaflavordrops.com/) to the site.

I have been having a problem with artificial sweeteners lately. After 3+ years of using Splenda, it seems to have turned on me, so to speak. I started noticing constant headaches, every day, that didn't seem to be weather- or hormone- or stress-related. And I noticed the headache would POUND on me within a minute or two of using something with Splenda.

So I quit it for a few days. No headaches. Put some SF syrup in my coffee. Instant headache. Just water/black coffee for a few days. No headaches. Slurped down a diet (splenda-based) pop. Migraine. :(

So, I've been looking for alternatives. Even saccharin now gives me a headache, I discovered. Nutrasweet has been kicking my butt since the early 90s (headaches too), so I had been rarely using it.

I bought some stevia in several forms...it's a different sort of sweet and I have to be careful not to overdo (tastes icky then), but at least I don't have a headache. There are a lot more stevia products out there then there were a few years ago...I found some made with water (NOT glycerine - some of you may remember THAT debacle from 2 years ago) that tastes like chocolate! Yum.

Anyway, I ordered some of the flavor drops. I'll let you know if they are any good. Flavors like cheesecake, double chocolate...um yum.

I hope. ;)

misschris
Fri, Apr-25-08, 05:45
I've been using those for a long time and swear by them. I've got about 30 bottles :lol: I used them when I was doing a liquid diet, and now I use them for my shakes, coffee, desserts, etc. Some flavors aren't so great, some are really good. Don't use too many drops!!! They are really concentrated. I love these things, hope you do as well!!!

BetsyJ64
Fri, Apr-25-08, 06:19
Are these exclusively for drinks or can they be used like Sweetzfree, liquid stevia, etc. in baked goods?

misschris
Fri, Apr-25-08, 07:38
I've never tried cooking with them. I would think you could add them (but use sweetener, these are not sweeteners). I'm not sure how cooking would affect the flavor. I just use them to spice up my protein shakes. I can take vanilla or chocolate protein and turn it into strawberry cheesecake, almond joy, chocolate macadamia, peanut butter, banana, etc.

WyoDiva
Fri, Apr-25-08, 09:46
Are these exclusively for drinks or can they be used like Sweetzfree, liquid stevia, etc. in baked goods?Go to their website and ask them through email. I found them very responsive (and quickly) to my questions about their products!! ;)

I can't wait to try the flavors!!