PDA

View Full Version : Devil-ed Chicken Salad

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jamie281
Wed, Mar-13-02, 14:49
-3 cooked boneless/skinless chicken breasts (0 carbs)
-3 boiled eggs (1.8 carbs)
-4 T Hellman's Mayonnaise (1 carb)
-1 T mustard (0 carb)
-1 T pickle relish (5 carbs)
-1/2 stalk celery, chopped (1 carb)
-1 green onion, chopped (1.5 carbs)
-Louisiana Hot Sauce (Optional) (0 carbs)
-Salt & Pepper to Taste

-Shred the chicken and place it in a large bowl.
-Remove the yolks from the boiled eggs and slice the whites. Add the whites to the chicken.
-In a separate bowl, blend the egg yolks, 1 T mustard, 2 T mayonnaise, 1 T pickle relish, and Louisiana Hot Sauce (if desired). Mix until creamy.
-Add yolk mixture to chicken and egg whites.
-Into the mixture, add the celery, green onion and salt and pepper.
-Stir it all together and refrigerate until chilled. Serve over lettuce leaves and/or with pork rinds.
-Makes 4 servings.

About 2.3 carbs per serving. 10.3 carbs total...you can replace the pickle relish with 1 t vinegar for 5 carbs less!

Ali Cat
Wed, Mar-13-02, 21:03
I'm going to try this. This sounds great. I must admit that I'll miss having my bread or crackers with this...but I'll deal....
Thanks Jamie!

:wave: Ali Cat :wave:
:roll:

Ali Cat
Wed, Mar-13-02, 21:22
I'm going to try this. This sounds great. I must admit that I'll miss having my bread or crackers with this...but I'll deal....
Thanks Jamie!

:wave: Ali Cat :wave:
:roll:

Jamie281
Thu, Mar-14-02, 11:53
I forgot to mention that you add the additional 2 T of mayo at the end to make it creamier, if needed.

Just think "Devilled Eggs" when making this salad.

Let me know how it turns out for you. And happy low carbing!

-Jamie

slm6596
Wed, Mar-27-02, 08:13
Ali Cat,

Have you tried eating chicken salad with baked cheese crackers? It's delicious! :daze: I'm sure the recipe is in this site somewhere, but I cut up a slice of cheese in fourths. Using parchment paper, put 4-6 little squares and microwave for about 1 minute. You have to get them thoroughly cooked or they will be chewy in places. If you don't have parchment paper, you can spray Pam or any of those sprays (I use Olive Oil spray) on the glass tray in the microwave and cook them that way. They have to get a little firm before taking them out with a spatula, but they spread out more and aren't as puffy so they would be excellent for your chicken salad. You can also use any kind of cheese slices you like. Some people even use a whole slice and form it to a taco shape immediatley after it's cooked and then fill it with various meats. I use the small slices for homemade onion dip. Let me know how you like them.

Mommaj
Sat, Jun-14-03, 11:26
Hello. This is a really stupid question, but what is a T is that teaspoon or tablespoon?

I am a new low carber and am really hurting for ideas on what to have as side dishes etc. DH would just be happy with a big steak, but I need a little more. :)

surfer376
Sat, Jun-14-03, 11:56
Hey there.... a T is for tablespoon and a t is for teaspoon. Hope this helps.

Mommaj
Sat, Jun-14-03, 15:25
Thanks surfer376 :D