PDA

View Full Version : Out of date Atkins bars

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mermaiden9
Wed, Apr-09-08, 22:52
I've noticed ebay sells a lot of Atkins bars which are quite out of date. I've seen them selling up to 3 years past the expiration date. (check link below)

Has anyone eaten any of these and have they had any adverse reactions.

I'm just curious because they seem to sell quite well.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/60-Atkins-Advantage-Low-Carb-Chocolate-Smores-Bars_W0QQitemZ360036224211QQihZ023QQcategoryZ82617QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122

Nae
Wed, Apr-09-08, 22:54
Ive seen them too, so im curious what others are going to say, i would think though that it is a food so it would be bad after experation

mermaiden9
Wed, Apr-09-08, 22:58
I know that best before is different to use by but 3 years seems a little excessive to me.

Nae
Wed, Apr-09-08, 23:04
I know that best before is different to use by but 3 years seems a little excessive to me.

that sounds really bad 3 years past due i bet its rotten,maybe people arent really paying attention

mermaiden9
Wed, Apr-09-08, 23:13
There are currently 10 bids on those particular bars and there is still 20 hours to go! Surely some of them have read the details, you would think.

It's funny because the description says:

Best By: March 22, 2005

Each item is BRAND NEW in the factory package, these bars won't last long!

With that date, I'm sure they wont last long either :lol:

OLD LADY
Thu, Apr-10-08, 00:27
I have been very lucky we have a Liquidator Store here and I get a large variety of low carb products very cheap-I Generally pay only 8/1.00 for individual low carb candy bars. And Dreamfields Pasta is always $1.00 a box.
They have lots of different stuff.Great place so check out your local Liquidators for great deals most things are just dented or slightly damaged boxes.Not outdated.

Nae
Thu, Apr-10-08, 00:42
what is dreamfields pasta?
and hopefully the march 2005 is a typo just eww haha

mermaiden9
Thu, Apr-10-08, 20:59
We don't have dreamfields pasta in Australia (that I'm aware of anyway). It's a low carb pasta

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/

Those Atkins bars went for $85.07!

Nae
Thu, Apr-10-08, 21:36
Holy moly they sold for 85! thats so crazy, i wonder what the normal cost is for those bars(looks it up), i bet someone bought them who didnt even think about the year or anything, i noticed when i cliked the link they used really big bright typing, very distracting.. i looked up atkins bars wich sell for $22.49 for 1 box wich is 15 bars, round about cost would be $89.96 plus shiping and handling for 60 bars wich are in perfect condition and are not over the experation date. the buy obviously wasnt any good at 60 bars for 80 bucks plus shipping and handling especialy not to risk food poisoning haha :lol:

MizKitty
Thu, Apr-10-08, 21:42
I have some in my pantry now that are a year past expiration date (but I've owned them 2 years, just don't use very fast)... I had one today and it was fine.

but I would never buy them off ebay, not knowing how or where they've been stored.