PDA

View Full Version : Are there many out there like me?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lisa Marie
Tue, Mar-12-02, 22:05
I just joined, and posted in the Intro section. Should have come here first!

I have lost 75 lbs in about 1 year. Been doing Atkins for 1 1/2 years, but have never been able to get much above 20 carbs per day!

I'm really frustrated because I've been stalled for 6 months now and no matter what I've tried it hasnt helped. Now, before it's suggested I'm at my ideal weight, I know I'm still 20 to 30 lbs over because I was 130 to 140 most of my life.

Anyway, I walk 3 miles a day on my treadmill, drink water, dont do caffeine, and am typically very positive about my new way of life! But, how do I break this?

It seems most folks do between 30-50 carbs a day and still loose. Are there many of you out there like me who never really got to do more than 20 in a day?

I know we are all different, but this is silly!

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave a bit!

tamarian
Tue, Mar-12-02, 22:51
Hi Lisa,

Welcome aboard. Did anything change in the last 6 months? Any new medication. And how many calories a day do you do, any possible under-eating?

When you say stalled, does that include measurements as well, and body fat ratio?

Wa'il

Lisa Marie
Wed, Mar-13-02, 21:46
Nothing has changed in the last six months. I'm not on any medication at all.

As far as calories, I have never counted them. Kind of silly, I know, but I lost so well up to six months ago I didnt think it would be necessary. There isnt even a chance of under eating. My typical day is; Peanuts for breakfast, two 16 oz cups of tea, salad or beef for lunch, then maybe more peanuts for an afternoon snack. I try to have cauliflower with my meat for dinner. That's about it! I do drink water through out the day.

The real furstration for me is not knowing how many people are on the same restriction as far as how many carbs before they start gaining. I'm wondering if this is really the way of eating I should be following. I'm not a "follow the pack" kind of gal, but I wonder how many successfully complete and follow low carb with such restrictions?

slm6596
Thu, Mar-14-02, 14:07
Hi Lisa Marie,

I am an extremely slow loser myself. I have been on this WOE (with variations throughout the time, but now on Atkins) for 7 months. I have only lost between 16-18 pounds. The first 3 month plateau I figured was due to the candy with maltitol (hidden carbs). So I stopped eating them. Then I started Ketosis (was on Suzanne's plan but stopped losing on that), and started losing again. Now I am on yet another long, long plateau and I am thinking it is perhaps Splenda (Diet Rite, low carb fudge, low carb ice cream). So I'm stopping that for a while to see if that is what is doing it. I've also heard the regular peanuts aren't good to eat because they are legumes (or something like that). Peanut carbs can add up, so maybe you could try another snack. I feel for you. When I get frustrated at the lack of losing, I just read this support site and realize I'm not alone. Also, I know that if I go back to eating the way I used to, I'll start gaining back. At least we are staying the same and not starving. Try to stick to it and look at it that way. Hope this helps.