PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo! I'm Obese, Too!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VLC4me
Sat, Mar-29-08, 10:40
Thanks to LowCarbRob for the borrowed title. I didn't want to horn in on his glory on his thread, but I love the title.

Today I weighed in at 184.2. That puts me at a BMI of 39.86 according to my fitday software. According to the same software, 39.9 is the divide. Over that is "morbidly obese." I am still not *quite* at ten pounds of weight loss.

If I were 5'9" tall, these statistics would not make sense. It would take more than ten pounds lost to go from a BMI of 42 to 39.86.

At the recently measured height of 4'9" the stats do make sense. I'll be glad to reach 184.0 so I can celebrate ten pounds gone--I afraid of that dreaded bounce that often occurs. So let's celebrate TODAY! YAY!

muffles
Sat, Mar-29-08, 11:38
Congratulations on being obese! Can't wait till I'm there too!

CandyLee
Sat, Mar-29-08, 13:52
I am still in the land of morbidly, but working my way down.....

Congrats to you.

LessLiz
Sat, Mar-29-08, 14:23
Congratulations! Moving down a category is a BIG deal!

oakdryad
Sat, Mar-29-08, 16:45
Way to Go! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-049.gif

You got me curious and I checked for myself...it looks like I'm JUST straddling the line between obese and morbidly obese myself. 39.9 BMI. :lol:

VLC4me
Sat, Mar-29-08, 18:00
You got me curious and I checked for myself...it looks like I'm JUST straddling the line between obese and morbidly obese myself. 39.9 BMI. :lol:

Oh, those party balloons! What a wonderful feeling. You have come so far. Thanks for ballooning me. I'll watch out for the day you pass the milestone. Don't know what I'll do yet, you'll have to wait.