PDA

View Full Version : Miraikanryou

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HelloKitty
Mon, Mar-11-02, 18:11
I have decided to finally start an exercise journal. My goal is to at least do some form of exercise everyday. (And I'm going to work my butt off (Literally) to do it.)

Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, Mar-11-02, 18:14
30 minutes of general purpose running around with 25 lbs strapped to my back (No joke!!!)

Upper body lifting to failure (15 lb hand weights)

CD of the day -- Pet Shop Boys - Discography

Melissa

HelloKitty
Tue, Mar-12-02, 09:45
Ran 1/2 mile, walked 1/4 mile

I haven't ran in a few weeks and I DID IT! WOO HOO! :Party:

CD of the Day: Pet Shop Boys (still) and Jann Arden

HelloKitty
Tue, Mar-12-02, 17:54
I forgot to do this earlier :D
Ok, my arms are sore. They aren't really sore, but they're sore. I was hoping that working to failure would make them hurt more, but maybe I'm just recovering faster. Since being on LC I've noticed that any pain from working out (Good pain not injury) Isn't as severe and doesn't last anywhere near as long. (I wish I'd known this 6 years ago.......) Oh well. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow after my first run in awhile.

Melissa

HelloKitty
Wed, Mar-13-02, 18:15
Walked 2 miles today. (WOO HOO!!!!!!)
And cleaned the house (Hey, it's kind of exercise!!!!!!)

HelloKitty
Thu, Mar-14-02, 10:14
So far:
10 minutes high intensity kenpo. (i'm taking a water break right now.) I remember when I could do this for an hour without stopping. :( <sigh> Soon again though!!!!!
200 push ups (goal for today is 200.)
Lower body lifting
45 minutes rollerblading.

I'm going to fight tonight!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!! it's just with my husband, but still, it's better than nothing!!!!!
Well, back to my water! :daze:

Melissa

HelloKitty
Tue, Mar-19-02, 09:45
Ok, back on the workout track!!!!!!!! So far today:
100 pushups
yoga stretches
40 side crunches
40 kicks

I'm going to try to exercise little bits throughout the day. I love how I feel when I exercise and with my up coming trip I'm even more pumped!!!!!

:Party:
Melissa

HelloKitty
Wed, Mar-20-02, 13:21
100 pushups
yoga
50 crunchs

I can't believe that it's (Supposedly!!!!!) 69 degrees out!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! I might have to take hubby and go walking in the park tonight!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! I hope this weather lasts!!!!!!

:D
Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, Mar-21-02, 10:18
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
20 minutes stretching
Ran/walked 7 minutes (would have gone longer but there was too much road work and too many idiots wandering aimlessly........ :mad:
40 kicks
5 minute cool down on the bike

More to come later today!!!! (I've got to get something done around here first!!!!!! :o )

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sun, Mar-31-02, 13:55
Ok, I'm starting my exercise goals and program over again. :( I've been such a slacker. The most exercise I got was walking the mall (I love Nordstroms coffee!!!!! :D ) , walking the beach and running from high tide. Not a lot. :rolleyes: )
It definately didn't off set all the crap I had. <sigh>

I'm going to set new goals and I'm going to be pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I've got to. :(

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sun, Mar-31-02, 14:00
--Get back into Kenpo classes
--Attend class at least twice a week (MINIMUM!!!!!!!)
--Practice at least 5 days a week.
--On non-practice/class days at least some kind of activity (walking, biking, rollerblading.)
--Work out on days I work. I can't be tired from sitting on my butt all day. That is not an excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!
--Regain my flexablity.
--Be able to run 1 mile continuously within the next 3 months without injury.

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sun, Mar-31-02, 17:45
Sparred for 20-30 minutes
basics from Yellow - Blue belt lists
All yellow belt techniques
15 minutes kicks (To see if my pants would rip :o And they didn't!!!!!!!!!)

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sun, Mar-31-02, 18:30
DAMN IT!!!! I just found out that I've been out ranked my someone that I out ranked before I left the studio. I can't believe that Dave's a brown belt now!!!! I guess I need to get my butt in gear so I can outrank him again :D !!!!! Sheesh!!!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sun, Mar-31-02, 19:54
1 3/4 hours Kenpo: Basics from Yellow-Blue + all techniques from yellow - blue.
I can't believe that I've done about 3.5 hours of kenpo today. No wonder I'm drained. <sigh> I remember when 3.5 hours was nothing............ SOON!!!!!!

:D
Melissa

fern2340
Mon, Apr-01-02, 08:41
Melissa-
You've got some GREAT goals! Looks like you are on track and doing excellent!

Keep it up!
Linda

HelloKitty
Mon, Apr-01-02, 08:51
Thanks Linda,
It's sad that it's taken me this long to get here, but at least I'm here!! :D I honestly don't think that I would be where I am without the help of the people on this forum.

:wave:
Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, Apr-01-02, 13:27
exercise:
20 kicks each leg (Side, front, roundhouse, back heel)
20 punchees each arm
Cleaning house (I’m not sure if that counts or not :D )

fern2340
Mon, Apr-01-02, 14:13
Originally posted by HelloKitty
Thanks Linda,
It's sad that it's taken me this long to get here, but at least I'm here!! :D I honestly don't think that I would be where I am without the help of the people on this forum.

Melissa

Hey Melissa!
I totally agree with you. I find so much comfort and support in this board knowing that there are thousands of others going through some of the same things...

HelloKitty
Tue, Apr-02-02, 23:10
Ok, I'll admit it, I didn't get any working out done today. I was too busy talking to people I haven't seen in years and making plans. :D I've got lessons on Wednesdays and classes schedualed for Mon, tues, wed, thurs, and fri nights. I need to get in semi-decent shape before I try to hit class 6 times a week, I guarentee in a month I'll be there (I've got my goal to get to by May 4th!!!!! ;) )

Melissa

HelloKitty
Wed, Apr-03-02, 12:51
Ok, I've got my first lesson in 2 1/2 hours. I'm so scared, but I'm not as scared as I am about going to class tonight. I don't want to go to class and have NO CLUE what I'm doing. :( I don't want to make an ass out of myself. <sigh> I know this is bad, but I don't want to look like a fool!!!!! AUGH!!!!!!!!!!

:(
Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:52
Ok, as I posted in my regualar journal, I ditched class (but was stupid enough to go watch and be "harrassed" by black and brown belts for not actually going to class. I didn't go to my private lesson and couldn't figure out why I couldn't focus, well I had dehydrated myself. :mad: Ok, I'm back to "normal" now. Going to Mr. Moore's class tonight (Hoping it's not the Mr. Moore I think it is.......) THere are too many Moores there. I think that I want to go by my maiden name again.... I wonder if I could...... :rolleyes:
Going to hit the new lists today and finish Short Form 3.
Onward with my day!!!!!

Melissa

fern2340
Thu, Apr-04-02, 11:08
Melissa,

You can do it!!! Go to your class and have confidence in yourself. Life is too short to be afraid and scared..... you can do it! Sending good thoughts your way,
Linda

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-04-02, 11:35
Thanks Linda,
You would think that for as long as I have been complaining about wasting the past 4 years of my life that I'd snap out of it sooner!!!
Thanks for the good thoughts too!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-04-02, 13:13
1 hour techniques
Yellow belt (each 6 times)
Orange (6 times each)
Purple (6 times each)
Kicking set 1 twice
short form 2 - 7 or 8 times
long form 1 once
Stance set 1 once
block set 1 twice
1st part of Short form 3 - once

I need to try to piece Short form 3 together (I want to remember it by my next private lesson :D ) I still want to run through Long 2. I'm not sure I remember it though. Also the new Blue belt list. I'm GOING to class tonight. I feel so much better after working out today. I think that it helps that I'm hydrated today. :rolleyes:

Later!!!!!!! :spin:

Melissa

fern2340
Thu, Apr-04-02, 13:18
Originally posted by HelloKitty
I'm GOING to class tonight.

:) YEAH!!!! Let me know how it goes. I wish I understood more of your exercising.... I am not very knowledgeable on karate or other forms of it. What exactly do you do? That sounds silly, but I know there are all different kinds of martial arts.....

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-04-02, 14:37
Nope, that doesn't sounds silly at all. :) When I started back in 1995 I had no idea what it was or what I was getting myself into.
I study American Kenpo, which is a street fighting style. The emphasis is upon defense and preservation of self, through maneuvers intended to protect yourself and to place your opponent into a vulnerable position. As far as what we do movemnet wise, it incorporates a different kicks, punches, elbows, stances, etc. It's a very physically demanding sport, more so than I remember!!!! The depth of training has varied by instructor/school. The first school I attended focused mainly on fighting in various enviroments and situations (It wasn't nessarily safe or a good idea, but at the time it helped me get to where I needed to be) They were so intent on winning. Before tournaments I would be told:
Being disqualified is better than coming in 2nd. (Not a very health attitude.)
My current school (and where I was 4 years ago) acknowleges the fighting, but also teachs the concepts behind the movement, the purpose of what we've learned (contact manipulation, marrige of gravity, etc.) and practical application (it's not like the first school "just beat the living hell out of someone". ) They don't want to create killers or bullies, it's more for self-fullfilment and self preservation.
My past experence included competeing and placing in numberous tournaments (fighting and forms), and teaching.
LOL Probably didn't answer your question or gave too much info. :D All the note writing I've been doing is mushing my brain!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-04-02, 15:46
Out of curiousity I'm trying to get a basic idea of how many calories I burn a day from my activities:
45 minutes kenpo - 684 (I'm assuming that's high intensity, but it doesn't say)
60 minutes kenpo (med intensity) - assuming 400

So that would be 1084 today. I'm going to go check a couple more calculators.

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-04-02, 19:00
Ok, I found 2 other calculators. One stated 418 for 45 minutes and the other was 427 for the same. Both are at moderate intensity. So I'm not sure what to count. :confused: I don't know why I'm counting them anyway, but it would be nice to know........

Melissa

HelloKitty
Fri, Apr-05-02, 05:56
Went to class last night. Missed class because 1) no one showed up 2) it starts an hour earier on Thursdays (Something important to know..........)
I worked on techniques with a Mr. Moore (no relation :D)
Still seriously thinking of going by my maiden name..........
Well, got to get ready for work. :(

Melissa

fern2340
Fri, Apr-05-02, 07:27
I am sorry about your class.... after you were all pumped and excited to go!! BUT at least you went. You can't help it if other people didn't show up.

Thanks for the info on American Kenpo (and no it wasn't too much info). It sounds very interesting. Your new school sounds much better than your old one!

Happy Friday!
Linda

HelloKitty
Fri, Apr-05-02, 18:11
Yep, I was bummed, but I've got class on Monday. (I have to go, I don't have a choice apparently. :D ) At least I was able to workout with someone. (He remembered me from when I was there years ago, but I have no idea who he is. :confused: Of course, it was followed by "You're from Boz's school." I don't think that I will ever live that down. :rolleyes: )
I dont' know if I'm going to do much working out tonight. I probably will, because I REALLY want to. :D I just have so much that I need to do before I pick Shawn up........An hour of practice won't hurt. :o )

Have a great weekend!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, Apr-08-02, 10:56
45 minutes practice:
Short Form III
Long Form II
Crossed Twigs and Thrusting wedge also.

I want to practice more, but if I'm going to get well enough to go to class tonight, I need some rest. :( I'm so tired of being sick on my days off. I need to find a job that won't make me ill so much. :mad:

Melissa

fern2340
Wed, Apr-10-02, 12:35
:( Sorry your sick.... what kind of job do you have now?

Get better!
Linda

HelloKitty
Wed, Apr-10-02, 17:55
Thanks Linda. I'm hoping to be better soon. :( I test printers. The problem is that I keep getting stuck in the high high room (120 degrees) and have to switch between that and a 50 degree room back and forth all day. I wouldn't be so miffed, but there are 12 other people that could do it, but I keep getting stuck with it because I'm a "good worker"........... Why doesn't it pay to be a good worker? <sigh>

Exercise:
Yesterday:
30 minutes light kenpo (because of being sick)

Today:
1 hour 15 minutes kenpo (lesson and some practice.)
I was going to go to class tonight, but my instructor was wondering what I was doing at my lesson as sick as I am. Oh well....... Hopefully tomorrow I'll be better :)

Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-11-02, 11:54
Of course, I was feeling like crap yesterday, so what did they do in class last night? You got it! Tournament fighting!!!!!! I miss competing!!!!! The next tournament is June 29th. I wonder if I could lose 30 pounds by then. :D (I've got to be thin before I go to a tournament. I'm sure that my ex still competes and I refuse to face him and his stupid friends overweight. (Something to work towards, no matter how superficial it may be......)

I'm not sure about class tonight. I'm re-starting LC today (I need to for my health. :o ) I think I'm feeling a little better, my head is still stuffed up though. I just don't want to kill myself or feel worse since I've got to work tomorrow (although I should just go to work and cough on everyone.......... :D Helping karma along.)
Well, off to cook some LC food up for the next 3 days!!!!
I'll up date on wether or not I go to class or not.
Melissa

fern2340
Fri, Apr-12-02, 06:39
Get better! Make sure you take care of yourself and feel better soon! I hope you are able to compete soon too.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Linda

HelloKitty
Fri, Apr-12-02, 17:49
Thanks, Linda. :wave:

Well, I didn't go to class last night (not a big shocker.....) I'm shocked I got through work today. I'm so tired of being sick and with only 3 hours of sleep last night (I hate obnoxious neighbours) I've been nauseous, dizzy and feeling really really bad all day.......
I've got to get better by Monday!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, Apr-15-02, 17:48
Well, I'm better. I'm not well, but I've been out of bed most of the day. (FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: )
I'm not going to class tonight (on the advice of Nat.) <sigh> I have to go on Wednesday. I have a lesson in the afternoon and I WANT TO GO TO CLASS!!!! I hate being sick........ Stupid flu!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Wed, Apr-17-02, 22:31
I'm finally better (or almost back to normal ;) )

Exercise:
walked the mall in high heeled boots for 5 hours :eek: (My legs are SOOOOOO sore!!!!!!!)

lesson - 1 hr

class - 45 minutes. I thought I was going to DIE!!!!!! I can remember when that was nothing!!!!! Soon though!!!!!!

DOn't know about tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to move......

Melissa

fern2340
Thu, Apr-18-02, 11:45
You're right... soon! You'll be able to do so much as you continue to workout. I like your new avatar!

:) Glad you are almost back to normal!!

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-18-02, 11:52
Thanks Linda!! :thup:

I'm not sure what I'm doing for a workout today. I think I might do the bike or walk. The weather here is so bad again. :( (cold and rain/hail)

Yes, I love my little Yugi :rheart: . He's so cute. (I got really tired of looking at myself when I get on the forum... ) And it's kind of an almost supersitious/mind game thing. I've had such good luck when I have Yugi for an avatar. (Whatever works!!! :lol: )

Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, Apr-18-02, 15:06
Rollerblading - 1.5 hours while doing chores (cooking, carrying laundry, dishes, trash, books, etc.)
I was doing so well until I was getting ready to take them off, then I fell. :o :lol: Gashed my knee up, sadly, I fell on my backside, so I have no idea how I hurt my knee. :confused:
I don't know why, but it's funny. :D

Not sure what else I might do, but let me tell you, I worked up quite a sweat!!!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Tue, Apr-23-02, 13:46
Exhausted!!!!!
Well, I did 15 minutes on the bike (intervals) and then UBWO. UG!!!!!! I feel like I'm going to die!!!!!!!! I can't remember it ever being this difficult after and during a workout. :(

Melissa

HelloKitty
Wed, Apr-24-02, 20:45
1 hour lesson today. I've had HORRIBLE cramps today, or I probably would have done more. Didn't go to class tonight because I was changing out of my uniform after my lesson, picked up my boot and it slipped and the heel landed on my left big toe and split the nail. :eek: Needless to say, I'm kind of limping around as it is right now........... It's still killing me :(

Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, Apr-29-02, 09:50
3/4 mile run
1/4 mile walk

UBWO

Melissa

HelloKitty
Tue, Apr-30-02, 11:11
5 minute warm up on full body stationary bike (32-35 mph)

LBWO

I'm using today as my LBWO day because I've got class tomorrow and I don't want to be really in pain (Like I am right now. But it's a good pain. :D)
Might run later on, I'll post if I do.

Melissa

HelloKitty
Tue, Apr-30-02, 16:55
I've decided against running. I'm so sore right now, I don't think that I'd be able to move tomorrow if I ran tonight.

Melissa

fern2340
Tue, Apr-30-02, 19:45
Good idea Melissa!
You shouldn't work out if you're sore. I like the new avatar!

Linda

HelloKitty
Wed, May-01-02, 10:51
I don't get it. The more I work out, the more I crave carbs. It's bad. And other than that I'm starving all the time. (I've been taking in about 2500 calories a day, 27 carbs and 70% calories from fat.) On the days I have something carby for 1 meal I feel better. I don't get it, but I dont' want to put on weight. I'm looking into lookin into CKD. From what I've read it might be better. As much as I'm planning on working out, I don't want to feel bad all the time.

Melissa

PS- Thanks Linda, I'm addicted to changing my avatar almost as much as my hair color. :lol:

fern2340
Wed, May-01-02, 11:35
Hey!
LOL about your avatar/hair color!! I think I need to change my avatar soon. I need to find a new pic of me, tired of seeing that one!

Definitely check out the CKD forum. TrainerDan wrote a great CKD 101 thread. It's sticky at the top of the forum!

Linda

HelloKitty
Wed, May-01-02, 11:46
Thanks, Linda.

I'm going to try to check it out today. I know that years ago when I was in the best shape of my life and working out 6-8 hours a day I was eating McDonald, pizza, crap in general. :( I don't think that would work anymore. :lol:
As far as hair color, I've changed that this morning. From fake blonde to dark red. :D (When my hair fell out awhile ago, you would have thought that I would have learned..........)

How old is that pic?

Melissa

fern2340
Wed, May-01-02, 12:56
The pic is a few months old, taken in Hawaii in Feb of this yr.

Blonde to red--- I get nervous about putting highlights in!!!!!!!!! LOL :D

HelloKitty
Thu, May-02-02, 09:25
I think your pic looks great!!!!
As far as hair color goes, I've had ever color imaginable. (I've got naturally brown hair, not the pretty brown color I want, but an ugly one. :( ) One day I went from Blue-black through the color scale to platnium blonde- it was the only way to get the black out of my hair, that was a botched coloring. :( :lol:

Well, I've decided to try CKD. I'm going to modify my weeks a little differently because of my work schedual. I'll be LCing Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. And start my carb up Sun night through Tues.
Wish me luck!

Exercise for 5/1/02

1 hour kenpo class

Melissa

fern2340
Thu, May-02-02, 10:06
Melissa-
Sounds good! If you have any questions, post them in the CKd forum. There are a few of us on the plan. :)

Have a great day!
Linda

HelloKitty
Thu, May-02-02, 10:23
Thanks, Linda. :thup:
So far so good!!!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Fri, May-03-02, 19:24
15 minutes full body bike

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sat, May-04-02, 16:06
Paul Dye Seminar - 2.5 hours

I'm not sure if I'm sore from working out or from being hit. LOL

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sat, May-04-02, 19:23
Ok, I'm sore from working out. LOL Everything is sore, even my abs!!!!!! OUCH!!!!! but it's a good sore!!!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Sat, May-04-02, 19:26
OK, I'm going to try to plan out what I'm going to do workout wise this coming week.

Sunday:
UBWO

Monday:
45 minutes kenpo

Tuesday:
LBWO

Wednesday:
1 hr 45 minutes kenpo

Thursday:
UBWO

Friday:
fully body bike, but possibly a rest day

Saturday:
full body bike, or rest day. Not sure yet.

Now, all I have to do is actually work out and not be a lazy ass......

Melissa

fern2340
Sun, May-05-02, 08:12
Hey a new picture!! :) LOL

Have you tried taking l-glutamine for the soreness? it helps so much with muscel recovery!!!!

Take care,
Linda

HelloKitty
Mon, May-06-02, 10:33
I haven't tried l-glutamine yet, only creatine. I need to look into that, thanks!!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, May-06-02, 10:35
I didn't get around to working out last night. I left the house at 5:30am and didn't get home until 9pm. I was too tired to do anything!!!!!

Today's workout:
Lower body lifting (I changed it from UBWO from yesterday because I was feeling that my butt was starting to sag again. :lol:

Melissa

fern2340
Mon, May-06-02, 14:32
Another new pic! :) Everytime I check in, you've got a new one!! Definitely check out the Exercise Forum, I think there's info on l-glut in there. It works wonders on my sore muscles!!

Linda

HelloKitty
Tue, May-07-02, 16:18
:lol: Yes, the pic has changed again!!!!! I think I'm finally happy with it (It took me 1 1/2 hours to modify, so I'd better like it!!!!) I just couldn't find a pic of him that was just right.

HelloKitty
Tue, May-07-02, 16:20
UBWO

I've decided to lower the hand weights I've been using. I'm seeming to get less bulk and more tone and definition this way. Hope it keeps up!!!!!
I still haven't found my tape measure. I need to find it or get a new one........

Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, May-09-02, 20:09
1 hour kenpo

HelloKitty
Thu, May-09-02, 20:11
20 minutes full body bike

HelloKitty
Mon, May-13-02, 07:50
Ok, I fell off the workout wagon again for 3 days. :( With all the stress and horrible things at work I was just exhausted when I got home. :( Planning on at least getting 4 days of working out in this week!!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Tue, May-14-02, 08:59
1/2 hour yoga

I went back through my journal and decided to try something a little different.

Melissa

HelloKitty
Wed, May-15-02, 19:16
1 hour high intensity kenpo.

I've just started taking Xenadrine to increase my energy. It's been the main reason that I haven't been working out a lot. I'm alway so exhausted, even after getting up. :( For the past couple of days I've been falling asleep as soon as I sit down on the bed (Without even being able to get changed into my night clothes.) The Xenadrine really helped me today. I was able to not have problems focusing on things or thinking. So far so good!!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, May-16-02, 09:06
Good workout day!!!!

10 minutes 35-39 mph on the bike (Using the arms too the whole time. WOO HOO!!!!)
Upper body lifting
Ab work
Light stretching

It all took about 40 - 45 minutes I didn't officially time it. (I don't like to wait a long time between sets. It just doesn't work for me.) I don't feel like I'm dying. A little tired, but I did a lot.

I'm not sure how long I'm suppose to wait after taking the Xenadrine before working out, but I only waited about 10-15 minutes. It was nice that it wasn't a major drain or excess effort to work out today!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Fri, May-17-02, 18:03
Got up at 4:15 am to do my 1/2 hour yoga. I figured that it's stress relieving for work and if I did it in the morning I wouldn't have to worry about not wanting to do it when I got off work. (And I thought that it was going to be an incredibly stressful day and it wasn't, just the opposite: I got a promotion and a raise!!!! WOO HOO!!!! :Party: Not bad for only being there 3 months!! :eek: )

Melissa

HelloKitty
Fri, May-17-02, 18:05
WOO HOO!!!! I did it!!!! I did my goal of 4 days of working out this week!!! I'm planning on continuing working out tomorrow also. I think these pills are helping!!!!!

:Party:
Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, May-20-02, 08:47
5/18/02

LBWO

5/19/02

Day of rest, unless lugging 50 lb boxes at work counts for anything. Can't wait until I start my new job!! No more of that!!!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, May-20-02, 08:51
Well, I tried to do CKD for a week. It didn't go too well. When I was eating my Friday evening and saturday meals I felt like crap, bloated horribly, and had no energy what so ever. So I'm bad to Atkins (Or at least my version of Atkins. :-D) Maybe at another time I'll try it again, but with my anniversary coming up in 2 weeks, I need to get the water weight and bloat off that I gained from this. I honestly don't think that it had anything to do with CKD itself, I think I'm just REALLY allergic to certain fruits and grains (ie: anything pasta or bread that's not rye and 99% of all fruits. :tears: )

Melissa

fern2340
Fri, May-24-02, 10:37
Melissa-
Congrats on the promotion. :) I am so glad for you! And way to go on 4 days of working out!!

Keep up the GREAT work!

Linda

HelloKitty
Mon, Jul-08-02, 19:32
I have returned.........I haven't been here due to the issues discussed in my main journal, but my exercise has continued. I have found the workout ratio that works for my body(finally!!!!) and have been sticking to it religiously for weeks. I'll start by listing today's activities:
Vigorous lower body lifting
Pillates

My workouts have been consisting of upper and lower body lifting, yoga (regular and power), occational walking and pillates
I'm also trying to ween myself off my Hydroxycut for my 2 cycling weeks.

Melissa

fern2340
Tue, Jul-09-02, 05:48
Nice to see you back around here Melissa!! :)

HelloKitty
Tue, Jul-09-02, 08:58
Thanks, Linda!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Thu, Jul-11-02, 14:40
As I continue to try to pull my body out of starvation mode, my workouts are struggling: I'm having a hard time doing them in general! My lifting workout for Tuesday resulted in horrible consequenses (difficulty breathing, muscle weakness and failure, rapid heart beat and dizziness) I can't remember the last time I felt that bad.)
Needless to say, I didn't do anything yesterday.
The heat here is also not helping. 114 degrees currently. :tears:
Hoping to get my upper body lifting in today.

I have stopped the Hydroxycut completely because of it's awsome appetite suppression (making eating even more difficult)

Hoping things will get better soon, as I am heading back to work tomorrow!

Melissa

HelloKitty
Mon, Aug-04-03, 14:03
I have yet returned. I've joined a gym. Trying to get it all back together again.

30 minutes elliptical machine.

MstyDragon
Fri, Aug-08-03, 19:02
Do you still like the gym?

MstyDragon
Tue, Aug-12-03, 20:52
it seems weird to read back here...does it seem like forever ago?

HelloKitty
Tue, Feb-24-04, 15:57
90 minute Taebo (Yeah....that was really sad..... :o)
20 minute HIIT (Now that was a workout!!)

HelloKitty
Wed, Feb-25-04, 15:37
11 minutes walking(5 minutes)/ running (6 minutes)
20 minutes pilates
30 minutes yoga

Calories burned: 241

HelloKitty
Thu, Feb-26-04, 20:51
5 Hours DDR

HelloKitty
Mon, Mar-01-04, 14:19
4 hours DDR
From the time I did workout mode(Not sure how long I did workout mode exactly) - 850 calories

HelloKitty
Tue, Mar-02-04, 14:19
3 hours 5 minutes DDR

I did 100 calories on the workout mode and then did endless mode for the rest of the time.

HelloKitty
Wed, Mar-03-04, 13:07
2 hours and 45 minutes DDR:

- 40 minutes (Including having to answer the phone :mad: ) workout mode - burned 502 calories (Gotta love Standard Maxx Unlimited!!)
- 2 hours and 5 mintues Endless Mode

HelloKitty
Thu, Mar-04-04, 14:42
1023 Calories - DDR Workout mode

HelloKitty
Wed, Nov-02-05, 06:14
Back and ab work
30 minutes elliptical machine

HelloKitty
Wed, Apr-26-06, 11:44
I had been doing so well about going to the gym, but with everything that's happened it's all fallen by the wayside. I'm hoping to start back some time soon.

HelloKitty
Tue, May-09-06, 06:52
Still not back to the gym yet. :o I was going to go last night, but got a call at the last minute (right before DH got home and we were to go) needing me to pick up prescriptions. Maybe today, but with the way things have been, maybe not.

I did do some Winsor pilates - full body this morning. It's better than nothing.

HelloKitty
Tue, May-09-06, 13:42
I managed to get to the gym before I went over to my grandmother's house. :cheer:

30 minutes elliptical machine
UBWO

Total calories: 390

HelloKitty
Wed, May-10-06, 06:43
Yoga:
Tree (12 yoga breaths)
Downward dog (12 yoga breaths)
Upward dog (12 yoga breaths)
Warrior I (12 yoga breaths)
Warrior II (12 yoga breaths)
Triangle pose (24 yoga breaths)

Pilates:
Leg, core, and arm work with the heavy band.

I'm packing my work out clothes just in case I can make it to the gym after my last final this morning.

HelloKitty
Wed, May-10-06, 10:31
15 minutes - 1.5 miles
30 minutes - Precore machine

Total Calories burned: 430

HelloKitty
Mon, Apr-13-09, 08:31
I haven't been working out much over the past few months. Occasionally I'll go running, but it's really been bothering my knees and ankles. I just got new shoes, so I'm hoping that will help motivate me. I'll be starting back to the gym in June and the one I'll be going to has both karate and MMA classes. I haven't gone in yet, but they are open 24/7 with the exception of holidays which is something I've missed in a gym.

HelloKitty
Mon, Apr-20-09, 06:39
Arms, back, and sides with the pilates band. :thup: