PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Challengers Week 3

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BASpider
Sat, Mar-09-02, 19:44
Ok, Hows this everyone?

Good day so far. Haven't kept track, but will post stats later. :)

CRIS
Sat, Mar-09-02, 20:21
LISA,
I USED
80Z CREAM CHEESE
3 PACKETS SPLENDA
1 TSP VANILLA
1/2 TABLESPOON COCOA POWDER
1 EGG

JUST BEAT IT ALL TOGETHER AND SPOON INTO THE CUPCAKE THINGIES. I BAKED AT 350 UNTIL THEY SPRUNG BACK. THEY CAME TO ABOUT 2.5-3 CARBS EACH. IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY CUPCAKES YOU MAKE. YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT THOUGH. I WAS EATING THE BATTER TOO. IT WAS GOOD.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

offdawagon
Sat, Mar-09-02, 20:42
Hello everyone! This is such a good thread, I decided to follow. Libby...that is sooo fantastic!!! Got some size 10 Levi shorts waiting on me too!

BASpider...you crack me up sometimes! Loved the goal height comment!!! :lol:

Cris, I am very happy you found the program that is going to work for you! It sounds like you're well on your way and you seem so much more content and in control of things now! Way to go!!

lcon109
Sat, Mar-09-02, 21:25
I'm happy to go another week with you guys!

I'd like my goal to be 1.5 lbs. this week. I'm going to commit to absolutely NO cheats this week. I cheated today.. after having a GREAT day ::: dumb dumb dumb:: and had banana cream jello pudding waaaaaaay after my hour RM was up.

So.. I'm off to plan a menu for the week.. that might help keep me steady.

Lisa

BASpider
Sat, Mar-09-02, 21:51
This thread seems to be working for all of us. I'm feeling more comfortable with it, hope everyone else is too.

B- 4 or 5 eggs some chopped up spinach and mushrooms in it. Measuring was out, sharing with dh. We stand there and add stuff, basil, salt, pepper, no garlic or can't go to the bookstore. :)

L - starved by the time we got out of the house and down the road, so got a broiled chicken.

D- gee did the same for dinner, but added some salad.

Have one more water and I'll have met the 64 oz. Didn't get enough calories today, under 1000, first time in 40 years!! LOL I suppose I could go eat an avocado, huh? Or some more chicken or leftover roast. Not hungry, so not tonight.

I redid my PP numbers and I have 89 pounds of lean body mass, so should only aim for 54 gms of protein instead of 81. Makes a heck of a difference. I was able to eat my protein quota for breakfast in eggs and be full for the rest of the day. That just doesn't work out, now does it. The old book is different than the new one.

The science experiment continues.

CRIS
Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:11
WELL I HAVE TO SAY I AM DISAPPOINTED BUT I AM TRYING NOT TO BE. FROM SUNDAY TO SUNDAY I LOST 3.8 POUNDS. NOT BAD, BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE MORE. I KNOW I'M BEING IMPATIENT BUT I'M SICK OF BEING THE SAME WEIGHT. OK, I'LL STOP MY BIG WHINING. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I JUST WORKED OUT AND HAD 2 EGGS AND SOME BACON. I HAVE STUCK SO FAITHFULLY THIS WEEK. COUNTING EVERY CARB. EVEN MY SUGAR FREE GUM.
OK BY NEXT SUNDAY I WANT TO LOSE ANOTHER 3 THEN I MAY BE HAPPY. ARE YOU GUYS SICK OF LISTENING TO ME?
HEY WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?

Gracia_30
Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:19
:cry: :bash: :help: :nono: :tears: :mad: :( :eek: :confused:

I'm back at 185 this morning :cry:

I spend just one freaking week with DH and look what I let happen to me. I am SOOO DISCOURAGED. I worked so hard. I can't seem to drink the water I need, I've been forgetting to take my meds, and I'm eating carbs left right and centre. What happened to me? (having a pitty party here).

I would do Atkins this week but I don't have the book and have no clue what they tell you to do. I think I need to be strict for a while. I'm not getting closer to goal, and I'm afraid I've just set myself back for weeks. :cry: :cry:

Yesterday's meals:

BR: 1 coffee, 2 fried eggs with 4 pieces of LC bread (made egg sandwiches) with some butter and ketchup.

L: broccoli & cheese soup, chicken wings (4) some fries.

D: chicken fried rice (about 1 cup cooked), 3 chicken balls and 5 garlic spare ribs. Diet sparkling drink.

Didn't have any water. Went shopping around with cousins from Montreal over for a couple days. Have been in restaurants all week (during the evening) and have cheated a couple times during lunch :(

I was doing so well... I just don't know what happened. I wonder if it would be ok to do just NO carbs for one week. I wonder if it would help? (I also get alot of constipation so I need to get onto my Podiem).... :( :( :(

CRIS
Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:26
HEY JOSEE,
WHY DON'T YOU GO ON ATKINS INDUCTION FOR 2 WEEKS. IT IS STRICT. GO GET THE BOOK SOMETIME THIS WEEK, BUT UNTIL THEN GO ON THE WEBSITE AND CHECK IT OUT. I'VE BEEN EATING NO MORE THAN 20 CARBS A DAY. MOSTLY FROM VEGETABLES. YOU CAN HAVE 2 CUPS OF SALAD AND 1 CUP OF OTHER VEGGIES A DAY.

YOU HAVE TO COUNT ALL CARBS THOUGH. FROM YOUR SWEETNER AND CREAM(2-3 TBS.) TO YOUR EGGS AND EVERYTHING MUST NOT BE OVER 20.
IT'S NOT THAT HARD. I THINK I FIND IT A LITTLE EASIER BECAUSE I KNOW I JUST CAN'T HAVE CARBS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO DECIDE WHAT I WANT W/RM.

ONE MORE WEEK OF INDUCTION FOR ME, THEN I'LL ADD 5 MORE CARBS. YOU ADD 5 EACH WEEK.

YOU SEEM TO BE OVERLOADING ON THE CARBS. MAYBE IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY YOU'LL BE BETTER?

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK ME, I HAVE THE BOOK.
I BOUGHT THAT PSYLLIUM HUSK SEED FOR THE CONSTIPATION. JUST STARTED IT YESTERDAY. HOPE IT WORKS.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE.

lcon109
Sun, Mar-10-02, 10:24
:bhug:
Josee, it will be okay!!! :there:

Think about this.. did you have a good time with your friends/family going to restaurants and enjoying the sites? That's important too!! Sometimes you have to relax and enjoy yourself even if you're cheating somewhat. You can always jump right back on the wagon.

Let me also make a few suggestions for your meals. :)
Try cutting out the LC bread completely for breakfast and lunch. Remember to forget about counting carbs with Cad/Calp. Save all the carbs for your dinner.

Add an additional egg or some cheese with breakfast to help satisfy you. It won't be long before you won't miss the bread.

Look around for some recipe and meal ideas.. if you don't have any websites, let me know.. I have quite a few.

Last but certainly not least.. get that water in. It's so hard for me too.. but here's a few things that help me. I use a Brita water filter and have it on my counter instead of in my frig. I can drink WAY more water at room temperature than I can when it's cold. I also make sure I have water in my car and on my bedside table at all times so I can grab it and take a few gulps. I also drink sparkling water and seltzer that have flavors.. there are no carbs, calories or sugar in them. They're a nice change :)

We're all here for you to support you.. let us know what we can do to help and we'll do it!

Lisa

BASpider
Sun, Mar-10-02, 10:33
Josee, sometimes it's hard to stay on your plan, other times its not. Right now, you're in the sometimes part. It'll pass.

Cris, would you look at my journal please and tell me why I don't get a woosh? Probably cause I quit exercising, but I'm just trying to get the plan right first.

Gracia_30
Sun, Mar-10-02, 11:48
Thanks to all of you for your support. I'm just feeling pretty low today. Decided today was my last cheat day (hubby leaving before dinner) and tomorrow start back on strict.

I will try to drink at least 2 bottles of water in AM and 2 in PM and then 2 more when I get home.

The problem with eating alot of salad is that I get sick of it. I mean it litterally makes me gag just thinking about it. I was eating alot of it in the beginning and made myself sick of eating it. I LOVE soups. Especially the ones with no pasta, and LOTS of veggies. Hearty ones. Thank God I'm a meat LOVER... or I'd be in DEEP trouble.

DH also bought me a bag of pork rinds. Those are so yummy.

I've printed off a bunch of LC recipes for myself and will try to make some of those this week. Will let you all know how they turn out.

Thanks for listening and being there. It means alot!

offdawagon
Sun, Mar-10-02, 13:45
You're having a bad week. Sometimes this just isn't easy and you have to really take a deep breath and kind of start over. It seems sometimes like the carb addiction can just creep up on you out of nowhere. Remember that you also had some stress this week with your hubby's illness. Stress can really knock you for a loop! We're all cheering for you, though and I'm sure you'll be fine in a few days!! :there:

CRIS
Sun, Mar-10-02, 19:05
HI, ME CHECKING IN.
HAD A GOOD DAY. STAYED AT ABOUT 20 CARBS. I REALLY WANT TO HAVE A NICE LOSS THIS WEEK. JUST GET A HEAD START OVER HERE. I'VE BEEN AROUND THE SAME WEIGHT SINCE JANUARY. NEVER LOST MUCH OF ANYTHING. THIS TIME I AM 100%. IF IT DOESN'T WORK NOW IT NEVER WILL. THE OTHER TIMES I WAS NEVER AS STRICT. NEVER DRANK THE WATER OR COUNTED EVERY CARB. ATE THE LOW CARB BARS A LOT.

SO TODAY:
B-2 EGGS,BACON, COFFEE,CREAM
L-CHEESE, CUPCAKE
D-3 HOT DOGS, CHEESE, SALAD W/BLEU CHEESE DRESSING

SF JELLO AS SNACK
COFFEE W/CREAM

I CAN'T BE BOTHERED COUNTING THE CALORIES OR USING THAT FITDAY.COM. MAYBE I SHOULD COUNT THE DAMN CALORIES. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS.

I WAS CUTTING COUPONS TODAY AND WHAT DID MY EYES SPOT IMMEDIATELY?? EDYS ICECREAM NOW COMES IN THE FLAVORS OF THE FREAKING GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. MINT,SAMOAS AND TAG ALONGS. WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE TO HAVE THAT IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT NOW!

I GUESS I'LL SETTLE FOR THIS DELICIOUS ICE WATER. MMM MMM MMM. WHAT A TREAT!

OK GALS, TALK TO YOU TOMORROW! GOOD LUCK ALL!

lcon109
Sun, Mar-10-02, 21:16
Brrrrrr.... what a COLD day!

Here goes:

B: Pancakes made from a recipe that I think I got here. They
were under 4 g carbs and were more like crepes than
pancakes. Ate them with butter. They were pretty good for
a change from eggs.

L: About 3 oz mozzerella cheese

D: Garlic chicken (cooked in our rotissere - YUM)
Spinach (1 cup cooked)
Salad/dressing
1/4 creamed corn

Water water everywhere and not a drop to spare!

Got a new omlette pan today! I'm gonna be making some killer omelettes now!! Also bought an egg coddler, can't wait until it comes in the mail!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

BASpider
Sun, Mar-10-02, 23:04
B - omelete
L - ongoing eating of leftover meats all day long
D - chef salad, with measured greens and didn't over do them.

Drank plenty of water, I do miss my huge salads. Will not miss my huge rear. :)

offdawagon
Mon, Mar-11-02, 08:07
Hello everyone! Just making a quick pass through this thread. Cris, honey, I know what you mean about the Edy's...somebody should lock those people up!

BASpider, I'm really curious, why smaller salads? I'm a total giant salad junkie. My family jokes about my salad bowl all of the time. More like a soup pot! I'd love to know about this angle.

I'm not big on posting menus and losses/gains but I will say that I have had no trouble staying on track since I made it through the first days of withdrawals. I fixed a really elaborate supper last night and by the time I was through with veggies and protien, (wasn't really hungry to start with, which is such a good sign to me) I had to literally make myself eat the HOMEMADE BREAD! One of my greatest weaknesses and I didn't even WANT it. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Had to be treated for a MAJOR panic attack on Sat. Won't get into all the details here, but I haven't had a full blown attack in years. Wonder if the big metabolic changes triggered it? Anyone else deal with this problem?

Everyone is doing so wonderfully. I think we're so fortunate to have such a great support system! Keep up the good work!

BASpider
Mon, Mar-11-02, 09:45
Diane,

On Atkins you can have 2 cups of lettuce and 1 cup of dense vegetables; or 3 cups of lettuce.

On CALP, I was centering my eating around vegetables adding protein.

On Atkins I center my eating around protein and add some vegetables.

Or do I say I center my life around drinking water and going to the bathroom. :)

BASpider
Mon, Mar-11-02, 09:51
Diane, are you taking vitamins?

offdawagon
Mon, Mar-11-02, 11:12
Funny how differently people apply the program, too. I always focused primarily on protien with CALP. But, I love the salad, so I load up at every meal. I have also been known to focus on chocolate, but that's another story... ;)

I take GTF chromium and a B-complex. Never have been big on vitamins unless it's something I'm fairly certain I am lacking. I much prefer the real foods to the gelatin capsules! What supplements do you take, if any?

WATER!!! Oh, man....this morning, from 8 a.m. til noon, I have 112 oz of water! I was always thirsty on this program. Water consumption is absolutely a no-brainer for me... All the money I save not buying junk food I now have to apply toward extra TP! :)

Libbyfcr
Mon, Mar-11-02, 11:44
Congrats to all of you for making these life long changes!! You are all doing so well.

Chris. I am tickled pink for you and your 3.8 pound loss. That is fantastic!!

I did my weekly averages this morning. I have lost 2 pounds. Every little two pounds adds up!! (now I get to post this and see what the little % thangy on the left says. ;) )

I was gone for the weekend to a dog show. I packed a cooler full of the good stuff, ate out three times.....making good choices along the way.....and skipped the icecream twice. Yippy!! I wore a nice swimsuit into the hot tub and felt good in it. My dog show dress fit great and I felt good about how I looked. It was a nice change for me.

Gracia: Are you eating the same old kind of salad all the time? I try to have different salads so that they stay interesting. Yesterday I had a salad that had some very dark green lettuces, a Roma tomato,lots of cilantro, a sweet orange bell pepper, and some wonderful cheese that reminded me of pressed cottage cheese. Instead of dressing I used a small amount of this VERY high quality cold pressed virgin olive oil (Napa Valley Naturals) and a little pepper. I actually made this ahead of time, put it in a tupperware dish....and took it with me over the weekend. It stayed crispy and fresh for two days before I ate it.

I think I just wrote a novel.
Libby :wave:

BASpider
Mon, Mar-11-02, 13:20
Diane, Vitamins are my fourth meal of the day.

I take a multivitamin, cause it had vitamin d and calcium.
Calcium with d (mom has stage 4 osteoporosis and it nearly eliminates PMS and I'm allergic to cows milk.)
Magnesium, because if I don't I get migraines
Vitamin E for fibrocystic breast disease
B Complex, because I tend to low blood pressure and it helps keep it up, also for breast health.
I recently added Vitamin C and Beta Carotene.

I get shingles every couple of weeks and am hoping the Beta Carotene and Vitamin C will help. It's an ongoing thing for at least 20 years. My skin is really looking good and I've only been taking the Beta Carotene for a week.

Never thought I'd be taking this many vitamins. :)

offdawagon
Mon, Mar-11-02, 13:44
when you can just set out candy dish full of vitamins? :D As I said before anything you know you're lacking you should try to make up for with vitamins. Fortunately, having no food allergies and no real food dislikes, besides bananas (couldn't find a puking smiley or it would have been appropriate here), so I don't have much trouble nutrient-wise. Shingles...UGGHH!! I had a bad case of them as teen. I'll never forget that! My sister-in-law, who passed away of AIDS two years ago, was plagued by them. I know they can be very painful. Funny that treatment for them is still pretty limited. Good luck with your effort. It would be great to control with something more natural than an anti-viral med. I really enjoy exchanging info with you...you seem like a very bright lady! :)

BASpider
Mon, Mar-11-02, 16:40
:)

CRIS
Mon, Mar-11-02, 17:24
HELLO FOLKS. ME CHECKING IN. HAD A GOOD DAY I THINK. I CLEANED ALL DAY, WORKED OUT A LITTLE IN THE MORNING. STAYED AT ABOUT 20 CARBS.

LIBBY-THANKS AND CONGRATS TO YOU. 2 POUNDS IS BETTER THAN NO POUNDS. YOU SOUND REALLY HAPPY. THAT'S WONDERFUL. I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE THIS ASS IN A SWIMSUIT YET.
THANK GOD I GOT TIME.

JOSEE- WHAT IS THAT PODIEM? DO I NEED A PRESCRIPTION OR IN THE VITAMIN SHOPPE? I DEFINITELY NEED SOMETHING. I'VE BEEN TAKING THOSE PSYLLIUM HUSKS THAT ATKINS SAYS, BUT THEY HAVE NOT KICKED IN YET. THIS IS A REAL PAIN. LITERALLY.

I NEED SOME NEW LC RECIPES. I'M GETTING BORED AND I ALSO FIND MYSELF CRAVING CANDY. NOT CHOCOLATE, BUT KIDDY CANDY.
I USED TO LIVE ON GOOD N PLENTY. GOD I MISS THEM. GIVE ME ANY KIND OF LICORICE, SWEETTART, LOLLIPOP, AND GUM. MENTOS TOO. AH, JUST REMINISCING.

WHAT'S BETTER THAN A SUGAR FREE JELLO AND A FEW GALLONS OF H2O?

CRIS
Mon, Mar-11-02, 18:02
I JUST WENT ON THAT FITDAY AND I HATED IT. TOO MUCH TO DO. THE SERVING SIZES WERE CONFUSING ME. I'M JUST GOING TO HAVE TO COUNT THE CALORIES MYSELF I GUESS. I MAY BE EATING TOO MANY.

WHAT A FREAKING PAIN. MIGHT AS WELL BE ON WEIGHT WATCHERS AND COUNT POINTS. I DON'T WANT TO COUNT, BUT IF IT'S GOING TO HELP ME..

lcon109
Mon, Mar-11-02, 18:17
Chris, and everyone.. this might help instead of Fitday... I downloaded it last night and it works great!!

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10050-108-35408.html (http://)

You plug in the ingredients and it spits out all the nutritional information. Great for keeping track and great for converting recipes or finding out grams of carbs in recipes that don't give a count.

You have so much time to use it.. a month I think, then you have to purchase it.

Lisa

BASpider
Mon, Mar-11-02, 20:16
B - omelete
L - sardines
S - 2 boiled eggs
D - Braised pork ribs, salad

Protein - 87
Carbs - 6

I can't believe I'm not eating more carbs. So, why no massive weight loss? Could it be because I'm in day 35 of my cycle of a 'normal' 25 day cycle?

Softly saying to myself as I read of all your weight loss triumphs, "Patience, it will happen." I know that before, tension or stress has stalled me, as has panic over a late period.

arnie
Mon, Mar-11-02, 20:31
I'm checking in everybody.

B- boiled egg-sausage pattie

L- spinach salad- 2 turkey patties

D- brocolli-4 chicken drummettes-1pc of LC cheesecake

100oz H2O

Tae Bo Am-Weights Pm

Gracia_30
Tue, Mar-12-02, 04:59
I did so much better yesterday. Already down 1 lb (but that's not enough for me). Will keep it up all week and see if I can't do 4 lbs.

BR: 1 coffee, 2 fried eggs, 5-6 pieces of very crisp bacon with some ketchup. (about 1 heaping tbsp)

L: Wasn't hungry, busy cleaning. Mid afternoon I had some pork rinds. Thank God for pork rinds.. these things are great!

D: Roomie made chinese dinner again. Beef stirfry in a peppercorn sauce with broccoli. No noodles, no rice. Was wonderful! (she's following the diet as well). For desert I had a yogourt.

Drank LOTS of water yesterday. AND the day before as well. DH left on Sunday, and I miss him terribly. Got up yesterday and decided I was going to take the day off. Hope it doesn't get me into trouble. I've had to go to the doctors alot lately and took a couple days after my procedure as well. Too much pain.

CHRIS: Podiem is not a prescription. You should be able to get it at any pharmacy. Where do you live??? Maybe I can tell you exactly where to get it? They take a couple days to fully work, but when they do, don't stop taking them. They won't give you diarhea and will keep you regular. Which is what we're aiming for! You do have to drink lots of water with it (on instructions).

CRIS
Tue, Mar-12-02, 05:28
HI GRACIA,
I THINK I'LL WAIT A WEEK AND SEE IF THESE PSYLIIUM HUSKS WORK FIRST. I'VE ONLY TAKEN THEM FOR A FEW DAYS. IF I'M STILL HAVING TROUBLE, I'LL GO FOR THE PODIEM. I LIVE IN STATEN ISLAND, BUT I WORK IN NYC DOWNTOWN. SO I'M SURE I COULD GET THE PODIEM AT CVS OR DUANE READ.

THE CITY IS STILL A LITLE DEPRESSING AFTER 9/11. WE WERE OUT OF WORK FOR AWHILE. I WORK ABOUT 3 BLOCKS AWAY FROM THE WTC. SO SAD. THANK GOD I WAS LATE FOR WORK THAT DAY. WE WERE JUST GOING OVER THE BRIDGE.
I WATCHED THAT SPECIAL THAT WAS ON SUNDAY NIGHT. GOT SO DEPRESSED.

ANYWAY, ON A LIGHTER NOTE, I FEEL SO FAT TODAY. DID YOU EVER GET OUT OF BED AND JUST FEEL HUGE? MY STOMACH IS BLOATED. PROBABLY THE CONSTIPATION. I AM NOT GETTING ON THAT SCALE. NO WAY. I'LL WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW. I FEEL LIKE I'M STRUGGLING TO LOSE 1-2 POUNDS HERE. I WILL STAY WITH THIS FOR A FEW MORE WEEKS. IF I DON'T CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT I THINK I'M GOING ON SOMETHING ELSE. I THINK THAT LOW CARB MAY NOT BE RIGHT FOR ME. HOW COME ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE LOST SO MUCH. SOME OF THEM SO QUICKLY.
I DON'T GET IT. I HAVEN'T CHANGED AT ALL. NOTHING. IT'S SO FRUSTRATING. DAMMIT. I STILL HAVE CARB CRAVINGS ALL THE TIME. I DO MISS THE SNACKS. NOT BREAD SO MUCH. BUT JUST REACHING IN THE REFRIGERATOR OR CABINET AND HAVING A GRANOLA BAR OR SOME DRY CEREAL. PRETZELS. AND EVEN MY MINT CANDIES. I WAS A BIG LOW FAT, NO FAT PERSON. PROBABLY HAD WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR. SOMETIMES I THINK NEVER SHOULD HAVE STARTED LOW CARB, BECAUSE IF I EVER DECIDE TO GO OFF TO SOMETHING ELSE I WILL GAIN LIKE CRAZY. IT SCARES ME.

OK, ENOUGH TALK FROM ME. I'LL GO WORK OUT NOW. SOMETHING'S GOTTA HELP ME OUT.

I'LL CHECK IN TONITE!

suzzcq70
Tue, Mar-12-02, 10:04
Hi from a fellow NY Borough girl! I am from Queens, although I live in CT now!

The name of the product is PERDIEM, and you can get it at CVS or Duane Reade. It is a yellow canister, and should be on the shelf with the Metamucil and stuff.

I have a HUGE and LONG TIME problem with constipation, even before this WOE. I abused laxatives for about years, and really ruined my bowels.

I use Citrucel instead of Metamucil. The psyllium is to irritating to my gut. The Citrucel is made of methylcellulose, and just makes the stool hold water, to make them larger and softer. I used to use the sugar-free powder mixed with water 2x day.

But now . . . my husband just found me Citrucel capsules (got them in Costco, but should be in CVS) !! I take 2 capsules 4x day (to equal same dose as liquid) and its working well for me. I still go only every other day . . . and I only weigh myself on days I do go!!!!

Sometimes, I will take 2 Colace at night in addition. Thats also a stool softener that helps things as well.

Hope this helps!!

Suz

Libbyfcr
Tue, Mar-12-02, 10:30
Hang in there Chris. Good things come to those who wait. :)
We ALL want to see you stick with us and hope that you do.
Please be encouraged that you are taking care of yourself and making good choices. If this lower carb way of life is right for you then YOU WILL see changes.....even if it takes longer. So please, please don't give up on it yet.

I have never posted what I am eating... but this morning I had two fried eggs cooked in my good olive oil with lots of pepper and a touch of salt AND I had four stalks of asparagus with a little bit of butter... MMMMmmm..... It was such a good breakfast. Remember...... eat what you like for breakfast even if it isn't considered a "breakfast food".

I wish you all the best.

offdawagon
Tue, Mar-12-02, 10:58
Libby, I don't like to most my menu or my weight loss either! Some days I'm afraid if I did, the true low carbers would take me out behind the forum and beat me up!! ;) I would hate to be banished! Hang in there everyone...do what feels right for your body. Ask yourself often, "How do I FEEL on this program?" I think that is easily as important as the numbers....

BASpider
Tue, Mar-12-02, 11:24
You're 3 blocks from WTC. I can't imagine the stress you must be going through.

I'm in Oregon and watched the whole thing unfold on TV and I'm NEVER up watching TV at that time of day. I didn't watch the special because I'm tired of being an emotional basket case.

Your life doesn't depend on getting rid of those final few pounds. Your self image shouldn't either. You won't find your comfort in food. Once in awhile find a quiet safe place and repeat, "Right this minute I am perfectly safe." It may not feel true, but it is if you're still breathing. You might sit on the floor with your kids and all of you do it together. They are stressed, too.

Eat to be healthy.

Get some chromium and it'll take care of your cravings.

Gracia_30
Tue, Mar-12-02, 14:31
I've been on Prodiem (I had spelled it wrong previously) since Sunday (once a day) and this morning was "lucky". So I think your bloating and stuff has everything to do with that. I remember the first time I did LC, I was like you and I would go days without anything. Then I'd go and low and behold... I would have lost 3lbs just by "going". This might be what's happening to you.

The one thing to remember is that You're CHRIS you're not Josee or Pepper or who ever else. You can't lose like them because you're not them. Everybody loses differently. The point is that you're losing.

The one thing I truly believe in is that at some point you should be able to reward yourself. Maybe you could reward yourself once a week. Now some people can't even handle that. As soon as they cheat, they completely fall off the waggon. I happen to be in a bad time for me right now, but usually I can handle the little rewards. I love food in general. I can't say to you that I crave one thing more than the next, but I do have specific cravings (like right now... I would totally go for pita bread with Taziki...)

I don't have a miracle answer for you. Except maybe doing it to be healthy and not concentrate on the weight so much (and especially the scale) of which I'm a culprit myself. Maybe we need to find a way to see it differently, and not be so obsessed with it (as I am too).

By talking to each other and being there for each other, maybe we can do it better, instead of how we used to do it alone and felt like a failure when we couldn't stick to the diet. You're on the right track... you've already been on the diet for a little while... keep going. It's worth it!

offdawagon
Tue, Mar-12-02, 17:40
BASpider and Josee have both imparted some wisdom to us all. BASpider, as profoundly affected by the events of 9/11 as the world has been, I cannot imagine how the wonderful New Yorkers like Cris have coped with not only that day, but the changes to their whole lives. People like you, CRIS, who are dealing with that tragedy and picking yourselves up and dusting yourselves off inspire me to my very core. And Josee is so right...shifting focus from the weight is key to EVERY ONE OF US. Our health...our lives...our spirits need far more attention that crappy bathroom scale. Thanks for something to think about!

CRIS
Tue, Mar-12-02, 20:06
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT. I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EVERYTHING.
BASPIDER AND DIANE, I SUPPOSE I NEVER REALIZED HOW MUCH STRESS AND WORRY THAT 9/11 HAS PLACED ON ALL OF US, NOT JUST THE NEW YORKERS. IT JUST HIT SO CLOSE TO HOME OVER HERE.

ANYWAY, TODAY I WAS DOING GOOD. STILL NO BATHROOM LUCK TO SPEAK OF. BUT I HAD A GOOD WORKOUT. ATE WELL FOR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH THEN I HAD A STORE BOUGHT ROTISSERIE CHICKEN FOR DINNER. AFTER I ATE IT I READ THE INGREDIENTS AND I SAW DEXTROSE. I AM NOW FLIPPING OUT OVER THIS. I FEEL LIKE I F***** UP THE WHOLE DAY. I WAS DOING 100%.
WHAT A WASTE NOW. I HOPE IT DOESN'T HAVE THAT MUCH OF AN
AFFECT ON ME. AH, I CAN'T GO CRAZY OVER IT. MOVE ON MOVE ON. DON'T THINK I'LL WEIGH UNTIL AFTER I HAVE SOME BATHROOM SUCCESS. MAYBE I'LL LOSE 20 POUNDS.

SO THANKS FOR ALL YOU KIND WORDS EVERYONE. THIS THREAD HAS REALLY BEEN HELPFUL AND INSPIRING.

arnie
Tue, Mar-12-02, 20:19
Stay positive everybody. Learn to enjoy each moment as it unfolds. The present is all we have.

Check in

B- 1 egg,mushroom, onion,1/2 sl. cheese

L-1/2 sl cheese, brocolli, 2 turkey patties

D- large saladw/ salami and cheese, 5 crackers

Exercise- tae bo, weights

BASpider
Tue, Mar-12-02, 20:26
My Grandma died in December 1997 at the age of 98. She always said, "Drink a glass of warm water as soon as you get up, and you won't have trouble moving your bowels."

You might need 2 glasses, but it sure works.

Check in:

B - omelete
L - some roast and a boiled egg
D - leftover GREASY pork ribs, salad, asparagus, soy shake with 3 strawberries, 11 almonds.

I'm not losing, this won't make me gain, and I wanted it.

Gracia_30
Wed, Mar-13-02, 05:35
Chris: There's something to be said about a tragedy making us stronger. Tell yourself that they won't succeed in making your life miserable and scared. The whole world was shaken up that day, and especially New Yorkers of course. The minute we start changing, being scared, depressed etc... he has won. Don't let him win. My mom always told me the best revenge on anyone is to be happy. (that truly pisses them off more than anything). My 2 cents!

Yesterday's meals:

BR: 2 pieces LC bread with peanut butter, 1 hard cooked egg, 1 coffee.

L: left over beef with a little broccoli.

D: Hamburger patties & mashed potatoes with gravy.

Had lots of water. Took all my pills.

Weigh in this morning: 183.5 Went down 1.5 lbs.

CRIS
Wed, Mar-13-02, 07:19
WELL HERE I GO AGAIN. I AM SO F****** PISSED OFF. HOW THE F*** DID I GAIN 1/2 POUND??? I REALLY DON'T GET IT. I AM STICKING TO THE TEE HERE. COUNTING EVERY SINGLE CARB. EVEN THE SF GUM. NEVER GOING OVER 20. THERE IS NO WAY I AM GOING BELOW 20. I'LL NEVER SURVIVE LIKE THAT. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF GAINING AND LOSING THE SAME 3 POUNDS. IT'S BULL***. I FINALLY WENT TO THE BATHROOM. DIDN'T HELP THOUGH. I JUST THINK THIS DIET IS NOT FOR MY BODY. I MEAN I HAVE BEEN LCING SINCE JANUARY AND I REALLY HAVE NOT LOST ANYTHING. I WILL GIVE THIS 2 MORE WEEKS, THEN I'M DONE. I NEED SOMETHING ELSES. I FEEL LIKE I AM WASTING MONTHS HERE. I COULD HAVE BEEN DONE ALREADY WITH ANOTHER PLAN. I LOST EVERY WEEK ON WEIGHT WATCHERS. MAYBE SMALL AMTS, BUT I NEVER GAINED. AND I WAS EATING CARBS. I HAVE NOT LOST INCHES EITHER. DAMN. I AM BACK TO SQUARE ONE HERE. WHAT A JOKE. I AM SO FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW. I REALLY AM BAFFLED. I AM DRINKING ALL THE F****** WATER, EXCERCISING 7 DAYS A WEEK. WHAT THE F*** ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO HERE? THIS SUCKS.

OK, I'M DONE VENTING. I'LL WEIGH AGAIN ON SUNDAY. IF I ONLY LOSE THE 1/2 POUND I GAINED I WILL LOSE MY MIND COMPLETELY.

Libbyfcr
Wed, Mar-13-02, 11:20
CALP Page 119

"Chewing Gum: A Sticky Business"

"When it comes to insulin release and the increase in cravings and weight gain that it can cause, it seems to make no difference whether your chewing gum is sweetened with sugar or with a sugar substitute. No matter what they contain, chewing gums appear to increase insulin release in two ways."

This section on chewing gum continues on to explain in further detail.
-------

Chris.... :there: you can and you will find your own path. There is a way and we know you can do this.

Some of the changes I have made have helped me tremendously.
I gave up all chewing gums and mint type items. I quit drinking soda pop nearly a year ago. For now I have nearly eliminated all breads and bread type products. I don't do much dairy. I try very hard to eat healthy higher carb items in my Reward Meal. I have no desire for deserts and haven't had any in ages. I am active, I write everything in a journal..and I mean EVERYTHING that might affect my body (even a stressful day). I drink water almost exclusively. I take GTF Chromium, Vits E,C and B Complex. (and should add a couple of others). I also have to make sure that I DO get enough to eat each day or it backfires in my face.

These things seem to be working for me. Maybe some of the other folks can list some of the changes that are helping them on their path to wellbeing.

:wave: Libby

offdawagon
Wed, Mar-13-02, 15:20
I have to agree with Libby. I also eliminated any sort of AS and do not use chewing gum, breathmints or anything that tastes sweet. Apparently my brain cannot distinguish between a tic tac and a hot fudge sundae ;) . Chromium helps me tremendously, although I do know some folks who take it and can tell no difference. I never drink anything but water. I find that I have to keep my fats fairly high (not really sure how that plays into it) and mushrooms (high in chromium) seem to really help me with cravings, should I get ahold of something too high in carbs. Although for me the program is cut and dried, from person to person this is all just trial and error. There IS something out there that will work for you, CRIS. We're all cheering for you to be well and be happy! :)

CRIS
Wed, Mar-13-02, 17:10
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE. I JUST GET SO FRUSTRATED SOMETIMES. I'LL TRY TO DO WITHOUT MY PRECIOUS GUM. MY MOUTH HAS A FUNNY TASTE SOMETIMES. AND I'M PARANOID OF THE BAD BREATH.

TODAY I STAYED AROUND 20 CARBS.
B-COFFEE,CREAM
L-TURKEY,CHEESE,SALAMI,SALADW/BL.CHEESE DRESSING
D-2 EGGS,PEPPERONI,CHEESE.

BEEN DRINKING THE WATER. I'LL HANG IN FOR AWHILE!

BASpider
Wed, Mar-13-02, 23:27
I did a fitday report today to see what I was doing when I lost weight. That's a cool feature that I hadn't used before. I was eating a LOT when I was losing weight. So I ate a LOT today.

B - HUGE omelete with mushrooms.
L - A can of tuna, 2 boiled eggs.
D - A LARGE hamburger patty and salad.
Mayo over everything. And a partridge in a pear tree. :)

While everyone else can add butter or cream to get their fat, I'm stuck with mayo. I WANT PITY!!

thank you

I'm gonna make more mayo and this time add garlic, that will be my new cream.

Did updates and patches on my computer for the last 2 days and I think I'm finally done.

Gracia_30
Thu, Mar-14-02, 04:36
OK, I wasn't perfect yesterday, had a bit of a cheat but I'm still losing so far. Yesterday was a weird one.

BR: 1 coffee, pork rinds, 1 more coffee (this time with cream)

L: 2 egg sandwiches (with whole wheat bread) this was my cheat.

D: beef stir-fry, broccoli, and mashed potatoes (left over night)

Lots of water.

Back down to 182 this morning. 2 lbs to go.

Libbyfcr
Thu, Mar-14-02, 10:43
I woke up yesterday feeling really good. Today I feel good.

If I feel so wonderful and I am only halfway to my goal then I can imagine what it will be like when I am in my goal "range". I can climb over the chain link fence! HA..... I can get up in the kids tree fort without heaving and heftin' my butt up there.... I can run....I can dance without jigglin'. HA.

Life is good.

Ya'll have a great day.

Gracia_30
Thu, Mar-14-02, 10:52
I've decided to treat myself today and go try on that dress I've been seeing in a window for the last little while. I'm thinking that if I try on a size 16, and it fits (or almost) then I will get a size 14 and make it my goal to lose enough weight by June to fit in the dress (I will wear it to the 2 weddings I'm going to). It would be nice to lose enough to feel pretty in a bathing suit this summer, but I won't push my luck. :p

Wish me luck... hopefully I'll write back tonight with good news. I hope it fits...

offdawagon
Thu, Mar-14-02, 11:01
Woohoo Libby and Josee!!! You know what the first real physical realization I had of significant weight loss? After I had lost about 50 pounds I was amazed at how easy it was to reach the bottom of the washing machine!

I hope that dress fits you like a dream, Josee! You definitely deserve it and you'll be the belle of the ball come June!

BASpider
Thu, Mar-14-02, 11:47
I agree, it's wonderful to "feel the weight loss." I noticed the other day it feels different to hug dh. It felt closer. Nice.

arnie
Thu, Mar-14-02, 19:15
I've had a good week so far. Congratulations everybody. Everything seems to be terrific for everybody.

Today
B- fish and brocolli

L- salad and chicken breast

D- polish- sauerkraut-1/2 reese cup

Exercise 30 minute hike

100oz H2O

:q: Does anyone has any exercise suggestions? I'm getting bored with Tae Bo.

Libbyfcr
Thu, Mar-14-02, 20:02
arnie..... glad to see that I am not the only one who eats non-
breakfast types of food for breakfast. :daze:

Josee.... please give us a dress update! I want details!

I had salmon for supper.... it was lovely. (green beans and salad too)

BTW. I have tried to "up" my food intake in the last few days. I really don't think I have been getting quite enough lately. Anyway.... this is wierd..... since I have been trying to eat more I have lost more weight. Right now I am 3 lbs below my last weeks average and I am only half way through my week. This means I am in for a good average this week and therefore a good loss. (I hope)

Ya'll are such a great support for me. Thank you. Thank you all.

Libby

BASpider
Thu, Mar-14-02, 20:22
I've been trying to increase my calories, too. Fitday is NOT working, so no counts on carbs, but I'm sure it's ok.

B - 5 egg omelete, 2 mushrooms
L - sardines, 1 boiled egg
D - pork chop, salad, mayo

May have been up in the weight this morning. I slept in, so didn't weigh at my usual time.

Libbyfcr
Thu, Mar-14-02, 20:49
Spider....
Do you average your weight weekly like in the CALP book? For me this should be called the "Monday Challenge" because I do my averages on Monday. LOL

I decided today, after wearing my old yucky jeans once again, that it is time to hide them in the back of my dresser. I do believe that when you can pull your jeans off without undoing them it is time to wear something else. I am going to keep them....and only them......as a reminder. Maybe when I reach my goal I will get them out and put them on, just for a shock!! Everything else is history.... it's all going in my yardsale stuff. SO there!!

What do ya'll do with your clothes once they are too big?

BASpider
Thu, Mar-14-02, 21:10
My weight hasn't budged off of 130 since the 6th. It's NEVER done that. The needle may have been up a tiny this morning, but tom has been a no show for awhile. Typical of lc'ing for me. I never seem to get past the royally screwed up cycle phase. This time I wasn't surprised, so am patiently waiting for it to do whatever it's going to do. Menopause would be nice, but my blood tests last year didn't even indicate perimenopause. I'm 51 for heaven's sake, why do I need to still be waiting for tom??? My baby will be 26 tomorrow. He's in the Army, so if you guys wouldn't mind, say a little prayer for his safety, please. I think tom has missed Rick's birthday once, LOL.

I tossed a lot of clothes in my effort to organize the house about a month ago. Just told DH that I have 3 pairs of jeans to wear once this weight is off, and I expect to have new clothes. LOL I have so few now, that they will be pretty much shot by June, and I'd love to reach 115 by then. The pants should fit at that weight. It's 15 pounds, really, is that too much to ask? I don't think so. Now if my body will behave.

See you all tomorrow.

CRIS
Fri, Mar-15-02, 04:55
HI GUYS,
EVERYONE SOUNDS "UP". GLAD TO HEAR IT. I'M TRYING TO STAY IN A GOOD MOOD. MIGHT WEIGH TODAY IF I GO TO THE GODDAMN BATHROOM. IF NOT I'LL WAIT. I'VE BEEN STICKING TO 20 CARBS. NOT GOING OVER. ATE GOOD YESTERDAY. MAYBE I'LL TRY TO EAT MORE, WITH MY LUCK I'LL GAIN FASTER.
I SEEM TO BE STUCK BEFORE I REALLY LOST ANYTHING. I WONDER IF SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T LOSE ON LOW CARB. FIGURES I'D BE ONE OF THEM.

YESTERDAY:
B-COFFEE,CREAM,CHEESE
L-CHICKEN,VEGGIES
D-3 EGG OMELLTEW/SALAMI,CHEESE AND THEN SOME TURKEY

SF JELLO, WHIPPED CREAM

JOSEE GOOD LUCK WITH THE DRESS.
BASPIDER I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR RICK

LIBBY_SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT LOOK OUT!

CRIS
Fri, Mar-15-02, 05:00
ARNIE:
I WORK OUT PRACTICALLY EVERDAY. I WAS DOING THE TAE BO BUT I ALSO BOUGHT OTHER TAPES. WE HAVE AN EXCERCISE CHANNEL HERE THAT HAS GILAD'S BODY IN MOTION AND THAT TAMMY LEE WEB(I THINK THAT'S HER NAME). IT IS ON FOR HOURS IN THE MORNING. THEY DO ALL KINDS OF STUFF. WEIGHTS, STEP, AEROBICS. I THINK YOU NEED TO MIX IT UP A LITTLE. BUY A FEW OTHER TAPES. WEIGHT TRAINING IS IMPORTANT.
GOOD LUCK!

Gracia_30
Fri, Mar-15-02, 07:55
Hi all,

Here's yesterdays meals:

BR: 1 coffee, western omlet (without onions) 2 sausages and 2 strips of bacon. with ketchup.

L: 8 spicy chicken wings

D: Home made fettucine Alfredo, with broccoli and shrimp.

The Dress: I went to the store to try on the dress. They only had a size 14. I could fit in a size 16 now. The 14 was of course too small and I didn't do up the zipper, but I can tell that I could lose enough weight to buy it for June. (as long as my husband doesn't keep feeding me like he did last week when he returns)

DH told me yesterday that he'll only be out of town for another month. I was absolutely thrilled! He will be working from home the lucky guy. I can't wait for him to come back!!!

So that's it for now. Today will be absolutely boring at work. Both bosses gone and I have nothing to do. I hate that!!

Libbyfcr
Fri, Mar-15-02, 09:01
So...... didja buy the dress?

Spider.... 130 is a whole lot nicer than 149 right? You are doing great!! Stick with it and be patient..... it will happen. :D

I keep telling myself that any day that I weigh the same is great..and a day that I weigh less is fabulous. This is a whole new lifestyle for all of us and we WILL reach a healthy weight. WE WILL DO THIS..... right CHRIS?!!

Chris..... you are doing so well. You just hang in there and know that we are all cheering you on. If low-carb is right for you it WILL happen... you WILL drop those pesky pounds. Just keep reading your low-carb books and keep your spirits high. You can do this!

:cheer: Libby

BASpider
Fri, Mar-15-02, 10:33
Cris, Try eating more protein. I'd say a LOT more. You aren't eating breakfast, just having coffee. If you had something premade to just grab and go, it might make a difference.

Yes all, I'm being patient this time. I'll stay on induction till things even out with my body and then see what happens. It's time to start some SERIOUS exercise.

I downloaded a program off of tucows called HITS. It tracks nutrition, supplements, exercise, weight/bodyfat. It's free and you enter in the stats for food manually or buy the plugin and download the ascii files from the USDA. Well, I don't use all the foods the USDA lists so I'm not buying the plugin. I downloaded the excel file of the usda database and am manually creating my menu's for quick entry. My computer is up more consistently than fitday.

BASpider
Fri, Mar-15-02, 19:46
Well, I love my new software. I was able to enter my food while DH was online.
Weight 130 and holding.
Protein 62 gms
Fat 64
Carbs 9

I didn't eat breakfast, that's a first in awhile, so I had breakfast for lunch.

L - omelete
D - chicken - yeah, with the garlic and mushrooms
salad

Have a good weekend everyone.

CRIS
Fri, Mar-15-02, 20:22
HEY GUYS,
WELL I GAINED ANOTHER 1/2 POUND TODAY FOR NO REASON AT ALL. THAT'S IT FOR ME ON THIS. I AM GOING TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE. THIS IS JUST TOO EMOTIONALLY UPSETTING FOR ME. I CAN'T CATCH A BREAK. I'VE BEEN LC'IN SINCE JANUARY AND HAVE LOST NOTHING. I THINK THAT MEANS THAT I NEED TO MOVE ON.
I AM GOING ON A PLAN THAT IS LOW FAT HIGH PROTEIN SOME CARBOS. I MISS MY FRUIT AND I AM TOO LIMITED WITH THE VEGGIES. I HAVE TO SAY THAT I MISS THE FRUIT MORE THAN THE BREADS AND STUFF. I'LL STILL KEEP YOU GUYS INFORMED OF HOW I DO. I'LL KEEP CHECKING IN.

NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT TONIGHT I CHEATED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 WEEKS. WON'T EVEN GET INTO IT. I'LL WEIGH TOMORROW. PROBABLY GAINED 2 MORE. BUT I'M NOT GOING TO GET CRAZY. MAYBE THIS NEXT DIET WILL WORK. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME GUYS!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

CRIS
Sat, Mar-16-02, 07:03
ME AGAIN. SO THIS WEEK AS OF YESTERDAY STICKING TO THE ATKINS INDUCTION I GAINED 1 POUND. THIS MORNING AFTER MY CHEAT LAST NIGHT, AND IT WAS A BIG ONE, I WAS DOWN A TINY BIT .2 SO THIS WEEK I AM TRYING MY OWN THING. I WANT TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN. MAYBE MY BODY NEEDS SOME CARBS AND CAN'T LOSE WITHOUT THEM. WHO THE HELL KNOWS ANYMORE. I WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED.

Gracia_30
Sat, Mar-16-02, 07:10
My big goal was to go back to 180.5 (as I was the week before DH came home) and I DID IT!!!!!!! Took me 5 days though which makes me a week behind.

CHRIS: I'm really sorry to hear about your 1/2 pound. I don't understand how come this WOE doesn't work for you. Please come back and let us know how you're doing on your other plan.

My meals yesterday:

BR: 1 coffee, 2 poached eggs, 5 strips of bacon with ketchup.

L: Went out with "da girls" at Swiss Chalet: 1 chicken thigh, 1 small rack of ribs, veggies on the side, 1 small bun, and 1 piece of caramel cake for desert (oh and 1 sprite too)

D: WATER I was SOOOO not hungry after having that big lunch. I also read in the new CALP book that I bought that if you're not hungry you shouldn't force yourself to eat. So I didn't!!! I drank LOTS of water because I was very thirsty.

I decided that I wouldn't have any coffee today. After reading the book, I want to cut down (even though I only have one per day) but I'll limit it to week days.

That's it for now!!!!

BASpider
Sat, Mar-16-02, 19:26
I'm not sure what I did, but I was up a pound today. I felt bloated and puffy. Not even going to try to second guess. I'll just cut out the soy milk and torani syrups. Then I'll take it from there.

Cris, good luck on whatever you do. I don't think I've kept this woe clean, so only have my own rear to kick. I know it's going to take awhile for my body to get used to this woe, and really kick into gear.

Josee, congrats on hitting your goal.

lcon109
Sat, Mar-16-02, 19:37
Well, I haven't posted in a few days because I took an enormous dive into the pool of cheating.

Don't quite know what happened, but I had a carbo festival a few days ago and I've not exactly felt up to posting until today. It was so weird. I couldn't stop eating once I got started.. it was kinda scarey. I gained about 3 pounds back in the process.
I sort of lost all taste for the food I've been eating the past month or so. NOTHING appealed to me. I guess the only thing that was satisfying were the things that I shouldn't have eaten.

I'm back on track now and almost back to my 185 which I was before the fallout. Today I had:

B/L : Ham /cheese omlette

D: Boneless chicken breast in cream of chicken soup w/
mushrooms, a little sour cream and a little heavy cream.
Spinach
Cauliflower potato cakes
Salad
Small piece of chocolate cake

I drank all my water and I'm feeling tired and ready for bed.

:daze:
Lisa

BASpider
Sat, Mar-16-02, 22:03
Lisa, I hope you had a chocolate bar for me. I could really use one.

Protein 86
Carbs 12

I figure the only way to hurry this along is stick to plan.

Libbyfcr
Sun, Mar-17-02, 03:44
I just changed my stats. I think that puts me at 50% of the way to my goal. :cheer:

I guess I am lucky. This low carb lifestyle seems to be made just for me.

I will check in first thing Monday morning and post my loss for the week.

CRIS
Sun, Mar-17-02, 07:07
HEY LISA, DON'T FEEL BAD. I HAD SO MANY COOKIES LAST NIGHT I WENT TO BED WITH A STOMACH ACHE. NO MORE CHEATING FOR ME. I'M BACK TO BASICS TODAY. NOT REALLY LOW CARB BUT KIND OF CLOSE. I'M GOING TO START EATING A BIT OF FRUIT, MORE VEGGIES. MAYBE THROW IN A STARCH NOW AND THEN. I'LL CONTINUE TO POST HERE BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I KNOW ALL YOU GUYS NOW.

HOPEFULLY MY CONSTIPATION PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY. I KNOW THAT I GAINED IF I GOT ON THAT SCALE TODAY. BUT I'M DOING IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I DESERVE IT. I DO HAVE TO SAY THAT I ENJOYED THE COOKIES THOUGH.
WELL TODAY IS A NEW DAY.

LIBBY- YOU GO GIRL!
BASPIDER- YOU CAN DO IT. YOU KNOW IT. I'M VERY IMPATIENT AND I GET TOO DEPRESSED. SO HOPEFULLY THIS WILL WORK FOR ME.

Gracia_30
Sun, Mar-17-02, 07:39
Hi All,

I was a good girl yesterday. I couldn't tell you how much water I drank. I find that lately I'm always thirsty, so I drink!

BR: 3 fried eggs, 1 Italian sausage.

L: 10 chicken wings (went a little over the 4g carbs though)

D: Fettucine Alfredo with broccoli & shrimp.

I had served myself what I would call a normal portion. But I wasn't even hungry enough to finish half of it... this is the second day in a row where I'm not hungry much at dinner time. Since it says in the book to not skip your reward meal, I had to eat. But I did not force myself to eat more than I could.

Notice anything different in my meals yesterday??? NO COFFEE... I'm trying to cut down. This morning I'm having a decaf. Will see how that goes.

BASpider
Sun, Mar-17-02, 11:16
My weight was back to 130 this morning. I guess no soy for me till I get the fat off.

CRIS
Sun, Mar-17-02, 16:09
HEY YOU THINK THAT'S BAD, MY FAT ASS IS BACK AT 150. I KNEW IT WOULD BE THOUGH. NO BIG SURPRISE. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED. I'LL COME BACK LATER ON AND TELL YOU ALL MY NEW MENU.
SOMETHING'S GOTTA WORK.

CRIS
Sun, Mar-17-02, 18:43
OKAY, MY FIRST DAY OF NEW EATING.

B-COFFEE W/MILK
L-TURKEY
S-APPLE
D-CHICKEN,BROCCOLI

S-1 SNACKWELL COOKIE, 1 FAT FREE PUDDING

NOT BAD. NOT HUNGRY. DRANK ALL THE WATER. FEEL GOOD.
AND AWAY WE GO...

Gracia_30
Mon, Mar-18-02, 05:37
Hi all...

I'm trying something new today... decafeinated coffee... first day doing this and then going to work. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

Yesterday's meals:

BR & L: 2 egg sandwiches w/LC bread (cheated a little)

D: 1 chicken brochette, maple carrots, rice w/peas, chocolate/caramel pudding.

Had visitors for dinner yesterday. Didn't drink as much water as I had in the last couple days. Will be doing better today. BACK TO WORK :rolleyes:

Libbyfcr
Mon, Mar-18-02, 10:25
I have been rather excited to get up and weigh in today because I knew I would have a nice loss for the week. Usually I loose about two pounds which is what I am supposed to be doing and I know I shouldn't loose more than that. BUT........

My weekly average gave me a 3 pound loss.

I am so tickled. :yay:

Now it's the start of a new week. WE CAN all do this and we can do it together!! If you are stuck between a rock and a hard place then go back and read your CALP/CAD books again. Make sure you are following the rules to a "T". Get rid of that Soy....and try replacing your ketchup with salsa. :daze:

Josee.... CONGRATS!! You are doing great!!
Chris......Don't put yourself down. You deserve better than that.
Spider... Icon.... Thanks for being here and being supportive. You are the best!

arnie
Mon, Mar-18-02, 17:45
It's nice to see everyone starting out the week on a high note. New resolutions, some changes, a tweek here and there. My weight is still holding steady at 156, so I plan to cut out the carbs at dinner. I will do only LC additions to the meal.

B- 1 egg-2 sl bacon-cheese

L- salad w/ pancetta and chicken thigh

D- cabbage-corned beef-lc cheese cake

lcon109
Mon, Mar-18-02, 19:33
Today was a great day!

B: Coffee, cream, splenda

L: Cheesesteak w/o the roll.. basically minute steaks, onion,
mushroom and mozzerella cheese rolled up with a spoonful of
pizza sauce
Cole Slaw

D: Beef, brocolli, cabbage stir-fry w/ teriaki sauce
No salad.. didn't feel like it.
3 chocolate chip cookies
Milk

All the water!

ARNIE - How long have you been at 156? You don't seem to overcarb at all. What kind of additions are you thinking of using?

LIBBY - You lucky devil!! :devil: Although we all know 'luck' has nothing to do with it!! Hard work is what it is!!

CHRIS - We're all anxious for your success! Good luck as you start anew!

SPIDER - 130!!! That is so great.. I can only hope!

Lisa - Lcon109

BASpider
Mon, Mar-18-02, 20:16
Arnie, I'm sort of doing calp without the reward meal. The lc woe have certain aspects that are all the same. You need to do what works. I think the secret is finding what does work.

I think I'm finally evening out on this.

B - 4 egg omelete, 2 mushrooms
L - can of tuna
D - beef roast, salad, green beans, cooked spinach, half an avocado, 3 T mayo

Protein 89
Carbs 9

Don't lust after my 130, I've been here or a bit higher for 2 years. I'm going to break it, this time!

Gracia_30
Tue, Mar-19-02, 04:49
I was a BADDDDD girl yesterday :eek:

BR: 1 decaf coffee, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon & 2 sausages.

L: Wasn't hungry. Had a few sips of cabbage soup and that's it.

D: Had a plate full of fries!!! :nono: WITH ketchup :thdown: and decided to have the last piece of chocolate for desert. after all ... it was a lindt d'or. :D

No cheat today. It's going to be a beautiful day here in Ottawa, Sunny, mild temperature. I think I'll go for a nice walk at lunch time...:cheer:

CRIS
Tue, Mar-19-02, 04:49
hi,
Yesterday I went to the dr. for a full physical. He said I was in good health. He did the whole blood work up so I am anxious to see my cholesterol levels after the Atkins. He was not a fan of that diet at all. He gave me a diet to follow. Basically what i decided to do for myself. 1200 calories -1500. Low fat. He said i will lose on it. We'll see,
Yesterday:

B-coffee,cream
L-chicken,orange
d- salad,scallops,broccoli, tortilla

sf jello w/whipped cream

about 1200 calories.

I'll weigh tomorrow. Good Luck.

Maybe someone start a new thread. I was too lazy.

Gracia_30
Tue, Mar-19-02, 05:09
Please go to new thread!