PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Tortillas - Where to get them...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

8forlife
Sat, Mar-01-08, 19:01
Hey, I've noticed that few threads on the forum mentioned that people aren't sure where to get Low Carb Tortilla's...

You can get them in some grocery store chains some health food stores... Also, you can get them online. www.Netrition.com

They have a lot of fiber and protein. You can make wraps or enchiladas or quesidillas (spelling? lol)... even fajitas. And you can cut them into triangles & fry them into delicious nacho chips. As you can tell... I'm a huge fan!

Mama Lupe's L/C Tortilla's -- 3 gm net carbs
-- more like regular flour tortilla

La Tortilla Factory Tortilla's -- 3-5 gm net carbs (depends on size)
-- more like cross between flour and corn tortilla

samika
Sat, Mar-01-08, 19:16
I like mission brand in the frige section by the tubes of biscuts, they have ones that are labeled 'carb balance' at the top. Most large supermarkets have them

Born2run
Sun, Mar-02-08, 14:25
I was going to say we have low carb Tortillas at Fred Meyers and Safeway. Also Netrition.com, Lowcarbdiner.com, Vivalowcarb.com,Amazon.com. And we have a Saars Market that I have seen the Tortillas. Judy

Luzyanna
Sun, Mar-02-08, 15:22
I love those things. I would most likely fall off the wagon big time if I couldn't have those. There's some people on the forum that have bashed them saying they had hydrogenated something or other...blah blah blah. I gave up bread totally - I won't even eat low carb bread and I don't really care for the 'oopsies' so when I do want something resembling a sandwich I eat them. They do stall me so I have to limit them unfortunately.

Piano
Sun, Mar-02-08, 22:27
I have one a day. load it with cheese and then pop it in the microwave or on the stove. Yum

Flutterby
Wed, Mar-05-08, 10:54
My dh fried the Mission low carb ones (the small ones - 5 net carbs I think) in oil and made them into taco shells! But I usually don't indulge because after 2 that is already too much carbs for me and I wouldn't be able to eat much more in the day! But they were delish that way!

RobinB
Thu, Mar-06-08, 09:51
I love those things. I would most likely fall off the wagon big time if I couldn't have those. There's some people on the forum that have bashed them saying they had hydrogenated something or other...blah blah blah. I gave up bread totally - I won't even eat low carb bread and I don't really care for the 'oopsies' so when I do want something resembling a sandwich I eat them. They do stall me so I have to limit them unfortunately.

Same here, I couldn't stick with it without these things. The Misson Carb control brand is very tasty but still has 18 g--although I think 9 of those are fiber (so net is 11 g carbs.)

To me, the lowest carb count tortillas are usually funky-tasting. Must be the fiber.