PDA

View Full Version : low carb ketchup

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MollyW8
Thu, Feb-28-08, 22:19
Does anyone know where to buy the Atkins low carb ketchup?

Wifezilla
Fri, Feb-29-08, 00:49
Heinz has a low carb ketchup. It is either labeled as ONE CARB or NO SUGAR ADDED depending on what where you are. In Colorado, the labels say ONE CARB KETCHUP.

I get mine at Super Walmart.

As for the Atkins Brand...I don't even know if they make it anymore.

kevinpa
Fri, Feb-29-08, 04:49
Heinz is the best low carb ketchup out there.

http://www.hjheinz.com/images/world_onecarb.jpg

Luzyanna
Fri, Feb-29-08, 08:46
I buy the Heinz but have not been able to find it anymore so if you spot it somewhere, it's best to stock up on several.

kevinpa
Fri, Feb-29-08, 11:52
I buy the Heinz but have not been able to find it anymore so if you spot it somewhere, it's best to stock up on several.
Luzanna, netrition sells it if you buy other stuff there you can always include a few bottles with your order.
I am pretty lucky since Heinz is based in Pittsburgh you can find it in almost any grocery store here.

SherBel
Fri, Feb-29-08, 12:14
For the Canadians; President's Choice makes a low-carb ketchup. I only use it as an ingredient in curries and such, but it's fine.

(Why do I only use it as an ingredient? Because the only thing I eat with ketchup is french fries!)

ElleH
Fri, Feb-29-08, 15:27
I think it's still available. It's marketed as something other than "one carb" in some areas.

Kisal
Sat, Mar-01-08, 01:39
It's called Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup. Still just has one carb. It's just a new label. :)

shasta2007
Sun, Mar-02-08, 11:22
Raleys Supermarket
Try http://www.ketchupworld.com/low-carb.html

emily30
Sun, Mar-02-08, 11:39
For the Canadians; President's Choice makes a low-carb ketchup. I only use it as an ingredient in curries and such, but it's fine.

(Why do I only use it as an ingredient? Because the only thing I eat with ketchup is french fries!)
I use this and find there is no taste difference between this ketchup and full carb Heinz and I'm pretty sensitive to detecting artificial sweeteners.

Flutterby
Wed, Mar-05-08, 10:58
I just found Heinz reduced sugar ketchup yesterday at Fry's!! YEAH! They used to carry it in the area when it was called one carb ketchup but they discontinued it! They brought it back! I haven't seen the Atkins in a long time. I tried Walden's but it's like water! Yuck!

Huskerchic
Wed, Mar-05-08, 11:31
I've liked the Heinz One Carb ketchup....did they just rename it?

ElleH
Wed, Mar-05-08, 13:48
It's actually still carried around here as "One Carb," but I've seen it when I'm traveling to other areas as "Reduced Sugar" or "Low Calorie" or something like that.

EMKAY 53
Wed, Mar-05-08, 15:14
I buy steele's ketchup. I like it better than the real stuff. It is sweet and spicy, I love it. I think you would have to get it online, but here in Calgary there is a store called Diabetic Depot where they carry all low carb and sugar free products

Raine'sMom
Wed, Mar-05-08, 15:19
The Heinz is awesome! I also find it at the Super Walmart.

Aynot
Sun, Mar-16-08, 13:11
I love the Heinz too. I'm always worried that it will disappear from the store so I buy several bottles at a time. The stuff I have now is "reduced sugar"...but is still the same as the "1 carb" kind. My daughter the ketchup queen also loves it....she's never realized that it's any different from the regular Heinz. This stuff has helped me eat a lot of bunless burgers and such.