PDA

View Full Version : Dying of GUILT, HELP!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Killa Kima
Sat, Mar-09-02, 13:54
Up until today i followed the diet to the key and have lost a stone so far, but my cravings were getting so bad, that when i went into the Pharmacy, i saw these chocalate bars that were described to be appropiate for diabectics and had no added sugar. So i brough two and ate both, i admit they were great and didnt even taste like they were missing anything, but per bar, the label said it contained 17g of carbs, im plagued with guilt. My friend seems to think i'll be alright cause ive gone so long (Ive been on diet for just under a month) and deserved a treat, but im not so sure. Will the lost weight come back? i hope not cause defeat will probably send me backwards. I need someone to reassure me, should i go back on induction...HELP!!! :confused: :confused:

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Mar-09-02, 16:31
That is done and gone with, here's a hug and now you need to jump right back on the wagon. Those bars can be tricky, some of them even say they are --- grams of carb's per serving and a serving is 1/8 of the bar. You may retain some water for a couple of days. But if your craving carbs then it's time to go back and cut the carb's low for a couple of days, the whole thing about eating like this is that you shouldn't be craving. Now you know that you may slow down a bit and that chocolate anything is probably not a great idea for you, me it's peanut butter. Any way chin up kid, I'm counting on you to get right back at it. You can do this, look how far you've come and that says alot.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann

razzle
Sat, Mar-09-02, 17:28
I agree, what's done is done, and forgive yourself and get right back on track.

But sugar isn't a treat--it's a slow poison. To keep the weight off, you'll need to change your ideas about that. To keep weight off, we need to invent other ways to "treat" ourselves than food. For me, no external treat is necessary. Just knowing I'm on-program and losing fat is "treat" enough.

No one can predict what will happen as the result of your small chocolate binge--every person is different. Weigh tomorrow morning--if you've gained 6 pounds, it's water weight and should come right back off. But a gain would be good in a way, right? It'd be a bit scary and would remind you not to do this again.

Betsy
Sun, Mar-10-02, 11:49
Don't let those chocolate bars take away all the times you didn't give in to temptation. As a percentage of your weight loss program, what was it? 1% failure rate, 99% progress? No big deal, if you learn from the experience it was a win.

Seek progress, not perfection! Part of this whole weight loss process is about learning how I deal with food. So I'm taking time to think about when I'm tempted and what I'm seeing is a pattern. I'm only tempted when I haven't eaten enough protein. Now I make sure and eat plenty of protein, more than the 4 ounces allowed in CAD if I have to some days just to keep me away from the carbos. With plenty of protein in me I actually stop thinking about food. I end up eating less at my RM too.

fiona
Sun, Mar-10-02, 16:49
Okay so you wanted a slight change of scene and wandered into the side road.

Take it from those of us who have been there - the longer you stay on the side road the longer you will need to walk back to where you went off the main road. So best thing to do is stop right now and get back on track. 20g carbs for a few days will bring you back into ketosis.

It's okay - it's easily done. Learn from it. Next time you get the cravings take an extra helping of vegetables.

Take care.