PDA

View Full Version : reply

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lain
Thu, Mar-07-02, 13:19
Kay,

Yes, yogart is a good source of probiotics.. but I'd be careful because most yogarts contain a lot of sugar, and sugar feeds yeast, and candida. Also you need to be careful of milk products. I would probably buy a really good probiotic if I were you, but you have to be careful of what you buy, some are manufactured better than others. I used Primal Defense, which I bought online, and I've been finding it's working quite well for me. (but I've only just started using this one.. I used a different one before and got like zero results, I'm very happy I switched to this one.) It's a little pricey, but I think well worth it. http://www.prohealthsolutions.com/index.html
here is a good site to read up on it, and or purchase it if you're interested.

As far as lemon juice goes, I think it's actually ok in small amounts. I've read in a few places that it's ok to have. But I also know that everyone seems to have a different idea of what is ok on a candida diet. I personally use it to make homemade mayo, and it doesn't seem to bother me or cause my symptoms to flare up. So I think you will be ok. I think your best bet is to just try some, and then see how you feel aftwards. Sometimes symptoms will flare up even a day or two after you've eaten something that is not agreeing with your infection. So, you know, just pay close attention to your body.

I wish you the best of luck though, and I really don't think lemon juice will hurt you. :roll:

Lain

Kay
Fri, Mar-08-02, 00:39
Thanks for the help, Lain.

I've been doing some research, and opinions on an appropriate yeast-avoidance diet sure are all over the map!!!

I will do exactly what you said - be very carefull and watch for reactions. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to mayonnaise. I have discovered that I do not like dry meat.