PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE HERE

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

joanne42
Sun, Apr-08-01, 18:53
I'm a confirmed newbie here.. I came across this site today.. I've been a fellow low carber since January of last year. I've been following the Protein Power plan with much continued success. I lost 62 pounds my first 6 months into the program going from a size 22 down to a size 10-12. I since gained 8 pounds back since Xmas but am now back into my low carbing full swing. I enjoy all the fanastic good side effects I'm having. Such as no more hunger pains after a good meal. Before starting this program I suffered constant hunger pangs, headaches, nausea after eating only to discover through a simple blood test that I was carb sensitive. I've since turned my life around cutting out starches, white flour and sugar. I'm not sorry I did. I hope I can count on everyones support to lose these last 18 pounds..My cholesterol and energy level have improved drasticlly :D :D

tamarian
Sun, Apr-08-01, 19:28
Hi Joanne,

Welcome aboard, congrats on your success, you're almost there! :)

Wa'il

Sharon
Sun, Apr-08-01, 19:29
You look great, you must be really proud of yourself.....Keep up the good work...and keep hanging around here....we need motivation like yourself.

LCSue
Sun, Apr-08-01, 20:15
Welcome! Lots of great folks posting here, and several real experts. How inspiring to hear of your HUGE loss! I would like to lose 60lbs., too. Am down just 14 to date. Hearing stories like yours is really encouraging. I am sure you will have lots of tips to share. Looking forward to your posts.

doreen T
Sun, Apr-08-01, 20:29
Great pic! YOu have done so well, and with spring and summer on the way, you'll have those last few lbs. off in no time.

Doreen

Karen
Sun, Apr-08-01, 23:26
Welcome aboard and what a fantastic loss. Stay around! You can probably teach us a few things. ;)

Karen

joanne42
Mon, Apr-09-01, 06:06
Thanks for your Welcomes...It's great to know that I have a site that I can come to and be in the same boat as others. I'm sure this place will help me lose those last few pounds...

honestd
Tue, Apr-10-01, 00:37
YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I LOVE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS....
I am also on the Power Protein Diet, and am doing great... I started last year in March, lost 30 lbs then went "off" the diet around October, November and December. Gained back 15 lbs until this March I got back on the wagon "for life" this time, and I am doing great... I started March 27th and have lost 12 lbs so far...
It is good to see such success, thanks so much for sharing with us... It is what keeps me motivated...

Again, Welcome and stick around....

Honestd (Debbie)
PP since March 27th, 01
220/208/140

joanne42
Tue, Apr-10-01, 07:36
And if you notice Debbie you and I have the same final goal weight..LOL:D

honestd
Tue, Apr-10-01, 08:04
he he he... I am hoping to get there nicely quickly would be nice but I consider quickly by this time next year... It took me a whole lot longer than a year to put it on, so I am going for the gold.... And doing good I might add... I know my weight loss will slow down, but I am enjoying my ride as long as I can... LOL

I have now lost 12 lbs in 14 days... I am happy about it, but still feel like I haven't lost... My clothes are a little looser but the will be falling off me soon, Right? LOL

Well good, at least we have the same goal... You go, achieve it and let me know how that victory feels....LOL

I will be right behind you....:cool:

montgomeryps99
Mon, Apr-16-01, 15:45
Congartualtions you have done a great job. I started the low carb diet Janaury 25, 2001 and have lost 33 pounds as of 4/16/01 I still have 75 pounds to loose. But I am gonna get there it may take me a little bit but I will get it done. Again GREAT JOB.

Tinakaye
Tue, Apr-17-01, 05:57
Great job! Congrats to you on your wonderful weight loss!

joanne42
Tue, Apr-17-01, 18:17
Thanks Christine and congrats on a job well done to you as well.