PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Bargains

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

skippie
Tue, Jan-29-08, 07:47
Hi Everyone, Thought I'd start this thread to help us all. I know we all live across the county. But with national chains I was thinking we could share good buys we find.

Costs for everything just keeps going up so if we can help each other find a few bargains and save a few bucks I'm all for it.

So with this said I'll start.......
I've found great deals at our Drug Stores and this week.....

Walgreens has.........
sf jello 39cents per box with coupon store has coupon
sunsweet dry apricots 16 oz $1.99
dawn dish soap 11 oz 99 cents coupon in store (had manufacturer coupon for .25 off)

Our Walgreens takes Manufacturer coupons and will offer rain checks if they run out iteams in the ad.

Keep this thread going. Please share bargains as you find.

~Renee~
Tue, Jan-29-08, 13:03
This is a great idea, Skippie. Now I will have somewhere to share my finds other than with my mom, who just goes, "Uh huh, yup." :lol:

~Renee~
Tue, Jan-29-08, 13:14
Here's one...

I don't know how many of you drink Crystal Light on a regular basis, but for those of you who do, you know how expensive they can be. Esp. the box of singles. While our regular grocery stores here put them on "sale" for $3/box ($4.39 reg price), Wal-Mart's regular price is just $2.50/box. I always wait until I take a trip out to Wally World and stock up on them. Oh, and they also have a store brand which they sell for under $2 (the ones that have 6, 2qt. packets). The peach and cranberry are tasty.

DrH
Tue, Jan-29-08, 15:37
What I realized though is the boxes sold at Walmart only have 10 servings, while at the other store they have 14. Check it out next time you go ... Hence, it was better for me to buy the more expensive ones when they went on sale for buy one get one free. Jill

Here's one...

I don't know how many of you drink Crystal Light on a regular basis, but for those of you who do, you know how expensive they can be. Esp. the box of singles. While our regular grocery stores here put them on "sale" for $3/box ($4.39 reg price), Wal-Mart's regular price is just $2.50/box. I always wait until I take a trip out to Wally World and stock up on them. Oh, and they also have a store brand which they sell for under $2 (the ones that have 6, 2qt. packets). The peach and cranberry are tasty.

Camelle217
Tue, Jan-29-08, 15:54
I know this store isn't a national chain.... Russ' Market.... BUT... they had birds eye frozen veggies EVERY KIND on sale for .77 a bag this week. I think i bought 40 bags of veggies. The cashier looked at me like i was nuts! But YUM!!!!

~Renee~
Tue, Jan-29-08, 17:20
What I realized though is the boxes sold at Walmart only have 10 servings, while at the other store they have 14. Check it out next time you go ... Hence, it was better for me to buy the more expensive ones when they went on sale for buy one get one free. Jill

All of the Crystal Light (not the store brand) flavors that I have bought have 10 packs per box. Thing is, I get 2-3 bottles out of one packet, so I can strech it even more :thup:

What bites, the one flavor I like best only comes in the pre-mixed bottles or singles. :thdown:

skippie
Fri, Feb-01-08, 08:13
Check out this web site. They have plus sizes and this clearence sale has a bit of everything.

The best part is you sort by your size so you don't have look thru everything and see something just find out not in your size.

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/Clearance_index.aspx?tab=clea?gp_coll_id=0&gp_cat_id=7530&nav_cat_id=9041&s_cmp=eml_0201_ClearanceNewArrivals_all

Ninajo
Fri, Feb-01-08, 10:16
Skippie,
I was reading your bio, I found it interesting I am from Northern Indiana and my husband and I also have bikes. I can tell by your picture my bike is not as big as yours though. Great job on your weight loss!!

skippie
Tue, Feb-05-08, 07:45
Hi Ninajo, Glad to meet another Hoosier. :wave:
My bike in the pic a goldwing trike. I sold it last year as I wan't really riding all that much. Also minor arthritis issues.
I ride with my hubby. There's a pic of us with his new 2008 Goldwing in my gallery.

If you start a journal we can chat in our journals. Visit mine any time.
:wave: