PDA

View Full Version : No Dessert For Me!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nanak
Fri, Jan-25-08, 12:13
Today is Friday and we usually order out instead of bringing our lunch on Fridays. We work 8-4 and just eat at our desk thru lunch.

Okay, here's the deal. There are 4 women in my office who are all doing Atkins. Or so I thought until today. Someone had extra tickets for a soup fund raiser so 2 went and got to-gos to bring back to the office. One soup was green bean w/ham and a few tiny potatoes. The other soup was a vegetable/beef with lots of carrots and potatoes. So I figured the green bean would be my best choice. Well, they also brought back 5 desserts!!! 3-coconut cream; 1 cherry cheese; and 1 apple. They were all trying to decide which dessert they were going to have!!!! and when they asked me what I wanted, I said "I DON'T WANT ANY!!" and I really didn't want any. I didn't admonish them for having their dessert but was so proud of myself for declining. They only hard part was when I peeked at the coconut cream (it's my favorite pie) and it looked so yummy and I could tell was homemade. I even picked out the few tiny potatoes in my soup.

I WILL SUCCEED IN 2008 AND REACH MY GOAL!!!!

karen :daizy:

rgaldamez
Fri, Jan-25-08, 14:18
You go girl. I understand about tempation, but hand in there and you will be successful.

Great job
Rachel

christyLee
Fri, Jan-25-08, 14:24
WTG! I know the temptations are horrible to have to deal with. I have 2 sisters that are tooth picks and can eat whatever they want! Just last night we all got together and they were eating m & m's and everything else they could get in there mouth. I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it.

I know if I were those women I would be feeling soooo guilty. I don't think I could have eaten in front of you knowing that you knew I was suppose to be dieting..lol.

I also noticed our stats are about the same

nanak
Fri, Jan-25-08, 14:30
Thanks Rachel and christyLee!
One of the girls later said "Karen you are so good and now I feel sick from eating that piece of coconut cream pie!"
I just told her that I really didn't even want any.
That I had worked too hard to get to this place I am now (no cravings, no hunger, etc.) and it's just not worth it.
I didn't mention that they all also ate the homemade bread.
Oh well, their loss, my gain.
NO!!! That's the other way around.
MY LOSS, THEIR GAIN!!! :lol: