PDA

View Full Version : Hello all you winners!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dankar
Wed, Mar-06-02, 08:01
Hello and congratulations to all the members of the maintenance club. I hit my second and final goal weight of 146 a couple of months ago after shedding 76 pounds in approx. 10 months. I followed the Adkins WOE and adopted daily exercise as part of my WOL. A routine of daily walks, 3 resistance weight training workouts a week at the gym and drinking at least 3 quarts of water a day are also greatly responsible for the success I have experienced. My CCL is approx. 50 grams of carb a day.
4 days out of any given week my weight will be 146. When I get below 146 I add about 20 grams of carb that day and the next day I add the pound or two that brings me back to my target weight of 146. When my weight increases to 148 I eliminate 20 grams of carb and once again I am right on target.
I weigh myself once a day, every day, at the same time each morning before I drink or eat anything. Once I have weighed in I do not get on the scale again until the next day. I rarely eat anything after 7pm and on most days I am finished eating by 6pm.
I am usually in bed by 8pm or 9pm. Thanks to all the wonderful people here who have helped me reach and maintain my goal. dankar

Karen
Wed, Mar-06-02, 10:52
Congratulations dankar! It looks like you have maintenance down to an art!

Karen

dankar
Wed, Mar-06-02, 13:08
Karen, Thanks for the reply. My wife, whose name is also Karen,
has lost almost 60 lbs. as well. That makes almost 140 lbs. between the two of us. Although I don't post much... I am a frequent visitor here who always reads what you have to say. . Thanks Karen. Dan

gwilson38
Wed, Mar-06-02, 14:11
Thanks Dan for posting this. U have done awesome!! I have been able to maintain my weight for about 6 months now and on April 2nd I will be doing a post called "happy birthday to me!" That will be my 1 year anniversary of low-carbing. It really does work!!