PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Carbquik

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Foody
Mon, Jan-21-08, 19:50
Just got a box today and the recipes and the pictures (including the ones on the kitchen forum of this board) look so good! I would like to know if the taste and texture live up to the pictures. The pizza crust looks crispy and the muffins look just like the ones you buy at the store. I guess I won't know for sure until I try it, but wanted to get some honest answers. I'll let you know how it works for me.

BetsyJ64
Tue, Jan-22-08, 05:35
I have been using Carbquik now for almost a year, and the only disaster I can report was the pound cake. But I make the Cheddar Bay Biscuits all the time and they taste fine. Some people have a problem w/the "Carbquiky after-taste", but if you realize that nothing is going to taste "just like" its carb-filled counterpart (i.e. Bisquick), you'll be fine! Love it!

Foody
Tue, Jan-22-08, 07:41
The Cheddar Bay Biscuits were one of the recipes I wanted to try. Thanks.

PlayDoh
Tue, Jan-22-08, 07:50
it seems to taste really salty to some folks, but i like it fine. it is a handy alternitive to bisquick. i generally use it to make scones.

Kristine
Tue, Jan-22-08, 08:36
It gave me intestinal issues, which I guess is a sign that it does what it claims - it doesn't get absorbed. I'd watch the portioning at first.