PDA

View Full Version : did i cheat?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

schoolnigh
Tue, Mar-05-02, 10:17
i ate a cookie and a slice of bread. cookie=5 carbs, 2 grams of sugar. bread=17 carbs, no sugar. i'm not going to eat anything else today. i was feeling sick for the past few days and i was starving but the thought of eating meat/eggs made me want to vomit all over again. is it bad? i mean, did i do alot of damage??! this is the only time i've ever cheated.

razzle
Tue, Mar-05-02, 12:15
only you can tell us if you did a lot of damage--the worst damage done with a "cheat" is the re-triggering of cravings and old bad habits. If that doesn't happen to you, you're really home free!

This is a way of life, and we probably can't expect to eat no carbs ever for eternity. Once every month or two, one meal off won't appreciably slow your loss. For most people, a meal's cheat might toss them out of ketosis for 2-3 days, but if you back up and look at a year or two year's loss, 2-3 days delay is no big deal (even adding it up, 15 days delay out of a 500-day process is no big deal). In your case, since you'd been eating less because of illness, I suspect you won't see any slowdown of loss at all.

In the year 2005, hopefully, we'll all still be slim, and we won't remember our tiny glitches or the dates of our two-months stalls in the least; we'll just be busy living a happy life as a slender person.

So don't fret, and get back on the LC wagon now Hope you feel better! :)