PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Glenda
Mon, Mar-04-02, 22:54
Tried this recipe tonight and really enjoyed it. And have plenty leftover for tomorrow.

1 lb hamburger
1 small chopped onion
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
3 eggs
˝ cup mayonnaise
˝ cup half and half
8 oz shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
garlic powder(optional)

Brown hamburger with onion. Mix in bacon. Press into the bottom of a deep dish pie pan.
Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well. Pour mixture over beef and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and set. Cool 15 -20 minutes before slicing.
Apparently it does not freeze well. This makes 6 servings.

I ran it through Fitday and here are counts per serving:

Fat 39 grams
carbs 4
Protein 27.5
Calories 470

Hope you enjoy it!!

Glenda

DWRolfe
Mon, Mar-11-02, 19:05
and I liked it!

Thanks Glenda. I tried this recipe overthe weekend I I really liked it. I will definately make it again. It was AOK as re-heated leftovers too. Quite tasty with a salad.

Donald :spin:

sumsuzy41
Fri, Mar-15-02, 19:02
We are making the quiche right now....there is no temperature :wave: setting listed on your recipe -- what do you recommend??? :wave:

DWRolfe
Fri, Mar-15-02, 19:55
I guessed and cooked it at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!

Donald :wave:

mermaid
Fri, Mar-22-02, 08:08
It sounds like the impossible cheeseburger pie ( from the bisquick box). Obviously w/out the bisquick. I'm am sure to try this one. Maybe adding some chopped onion when frying the burger.

PS whats the role of the mayo? does it bind the ingredients?

Glenda
Sat, Mar-23-02, 22:49
Hey mermaid. I would guess the mayo is for flavor, and to up the fat content. I dont' think it would act as a binder.
The recipe calls for onion, so go for it!!! Hope you enjoy it.

Glenda

ladyboyd
Tue, Mar-26-02, 12:46
This looks delish! I'll be making it for dinner tonight!
Robin

relliott1
Tue, Aug-26-03, 10:48
Had this last night and it is SOOoooooo good! Even my super picky hubby liked it!

Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche

1 lb ground beef
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small onion, chopped

1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 eggs
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown beef and onion in a large skillet, drain, and add to crumbled bacon. Mix well, breaking up any large clumps. Press meat and bacon mixture in to the bottom of a casserole or deep dish pie pan.

In a seperate bowl combine cream, mayo, eggs, cheese, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Stir briskly until mixed well. Pour evenly over the top of the meat "crust". Cook in pre heated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until top is browned and firm. Remove and let cool 10 minutes before serving.

Makes 6 servings
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories: 745
Fat: 68.2 g
Saturated fat: 26.3 g
Cholesterol: 243 mg
Sodium: 698 mg
Carbohydrate: 2.3 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 30.2 g

locarbs4me
Tue, Aug-26-03, 12:45
I make this at least once a week with a salad......have served it to company too. It's a definate winner!

Steph44
Wed, Aug-27-03, 07:47
This sounds yum!

nettie155
Thu, Aug-28-03, 09:20
This looks great! Just printed it up so I can try it tonight.

Paladin
Wed, Nov-05-03, 10:07
Loved this recipe and so did my wife (and she's pretty picky). I'm sure it will be a regular menu item at our table from now on. Thanks.

cincin11
Thu, Nov-20-03, 09:02
I made this the other day and it is very good. Very easy to make and it lasts a few days.
My non low carbing dh ate some . I thought he might not like it but he said "This stuff is pretty good." He put ketchup on top.
Then he had a second helping and was about to get a third when I said"hey thats for my diet" lol
I ate it for breakfast the last 2 days. Its all gone now. I might try experimenting and adding more veggies to it next time. Maybe green pepper. mushrooms.

milmary
Mon, Nov-24-03, 18:03
This sounds good!--Why not add green beans to it? Mom used to make a hamburger pie when we were growing up-it was kind of like this and it had green beans in it. It had scoops of mashed potatoes on top too and browned in the oven...good!--So we don't put the mashed potatoes on the top....it will be great. I will be trying this soon.

Meggen
Fri, Dec-26-03, 14:55
OMG! made this for dinner tonight it is a definate hit with me and my non LC DH. Thank you, was so nice to have something to do with ground beef beside burgers or meatloaf.

2 thumbs up!! :thup: :thup:

blueflyer
Tue, Dec-30-03, 23:14
Hi Guys!
Just wanted to add my two cents in here. Saw this receipe and needed to make something easy. Well here's what happened. Had 1 lb of ground beef, no onion but a few green onions. Browned in skillet. Added some salt, pepper and fresh garlic, browned some more. Grabbed 3 eggs, 1/2 cup mayo, no cream but did have some sour cream. Dumped into a bowl and beat. Looked for some cheddar didn't have any, but did have some shredded mozarella, dumped that into the egg, mayo mix. And here in the frig is a couple of good dabs of black olives and feta cheese pesto. Dumped that into the ground beef, onion mixture. Preheated the oven to 350. Put beef mix into a 8 x 8 glass baking dish, poured the egg, mayo, cheese mix on top. Baked 25 minutes. Looks wonderful!!! Let cool, ate some, WOW THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!!

bigguyjonc
Wed, Jan-07-04, 17:59
I made it without bacon.(was out) and it was still GREAT! I also added some heated cream cheese like in the pizza quiche recipe.

mommyto3
Wed, Jan-07-04, 18:35
I'm going to give this a try too. I think that this would be great w/green peppers and mushrooms as well. Can't wait to go to the grocery store!

scanance65
Wed, Jan-07-04, 19:02
This is a keeper. My son ate 3 servings oh my! Next time I might try to add some jalepenos to it for some spice. Thanks for the great recipe!!!!

Nanc

Emerald34
Sun, May-09-04, 14:37
Wow! This recipe was so good. Both my hubby and (very picky) daughter also enjoyed it. We had one serving each for lunch (with a little salad) and we'll have the remainder for dinner. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Tired
Mon, May-31-04, 11:49
Made it last night and my husband and 16 yr old step-son both liked it too.

I REALLY liked it! I'm eating it right now for lunch and can't wait to have it again.

Thanks!
Ann-Marie

Vanity3
Mon, May-31-04, 11:58
Wow, it sounds easy enough for someone like me who is kitchen challenged!

BlitzedAng
Fri, Oct-29-04, 06:36
I made this once with a packet of CarbOptions dry onion soup mix cause I ran out of onions.. It was still fabulous and the children loved it. I even ate some for brekki today :).

Angel

DWRolfe
Fri, Oct-29-04, 12:57
Mmmmm...I haven't made this one in a while. I think I'll give it a whirl again this weekend. It's sooooo good.

PilotGal
Sat, Oct-30-04, 07:09
Me toooooooooooooo, and this is one of those cheaper meals that go a long way!!

angie80
Tue, Jan-04-05, 17:39
OMG! i am addicted to this quiche thank you so much for the recipie im gonna make this weekly! lol

Amp
Tue, Jan-04-05, 19:07
sounds good!

Sharlay
Wed, Jan-05-05, 13:23
this is sooooo good!

ferggie
Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:56
hi everyone i tried out a new recipe and it tasted fantastic and very low carb and you can even keep it in the fridge for 3 days,below is the recipe and mind and let me know how you get on
Cheeseybaconburger quiche
Ingredients
1 lb. minced beef
2 TBS. dried chopped onion
1/2 chopped onion 3 slices bacon, fried and chopped
3 eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Double cream
1/4 cup water
8 oz. Grated cheeses (I used a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella)
garlic powder to taste (optional)
salt and pepper(to taste)

Method
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Brown mince and chopped onion, drain grease. Put browned meat and onion into a deep dish pie pan. Mash around bottom of pan like a crust. Scatter bacon bits evenly across the "crust" of ground beef.

Combine eggs, mayonnaise, cream and water in mixer bowl and whip until smooth. Add grated cheese and mix well. Pour mixture evenly over beef "crust" and bake for 30-35 minutes until top is browned and "set". Cool a few minutes before slicing.

Birddog
Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:35
I have this recipe and you are correct, it is fantastic. :yum: I make a large pan of this every now and then and freeze them is serving size containers. I have lunch all week. :wave:

cwingrave
Thu, Jan-20-05, 13:53
This recipes sounds really good. I think I am going to try it.
Do you know exactly what the carb count it by chance????

pamelapurr
Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:27
I'd like to try making it- it sounds great, but what is Double cream?
Pam

lambykins
Thu, Jan-20-05, 18:03
I have every thing here for this one. I am going to make this tonight to take to work tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a try.

ferggie
Fri, Jan-21-05, 03:32
hi sweetie the carb count for this is recipe is Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 475 Calories; 41g Fat (77.0% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; hope this helps

Birddog
Fri, Jan-21-05, 08:45
I'd like to try making it- it sounds great, but what is Double cream?
Pam

My recipe calls have heavy whipping cream. I would guess that, that is what double cream is. Please correct me if I am wrong. :wave:

TVMichelle
Fri, Jan-21-05, 11:29
Hi, Ferggie - greetings from another Scotsman (Scotsperson?) - a McKenzie here! Looking forward to trying your recipe!

Michelle
P.S. I presume "minced beef" is what we would call "ground beef"...anybody else want to weigh in on this?

ferggie
Sat, Jan-22-05, 04:09
[CENTER]hi my friend yes minced beef is what you call ground beef and heavy cream is yes double cream you will enjoy this recipe oh and in the uk
2 TBS. dried chopped onion (i left this out and added a whole onion instead)

1/2 cup mayonnaise = 8 tablespoons
1/4 cup Double cream=4 tablespoons
enjoy.Linda

AmandaLynn
Sat, Jan-22-05, 15:27
i would really like to make this tommorrow but i dont have any cream. any suggestions on substitues?

TVMichelle
Sat, Jan-22-05, 23:25
You could use half and half, or milk, or plain yogurt, or sour cream. I think all of these would work just fine.

I made this tonight and my whole family (husband and teenage son) REALLY liked it! Easy, easy, easy! And good, good, good!
You could even turn this into a shepherd's pie by starting with a layer of veggies on the bottom, then the meat/egg/cheese, then topping it with mashed cooked cauliflower. Yum! I think I'll try that next week!

Michelle

mike505
Sun, Jan-23-05, 03:53
I made this tonight, and it was great! You can't get "half and half" here, so I used cream, and it worked fine.

You could even turn this into a shepherd's pie by starting with a layer of veggies on the bottom, then the meat/egg/cheese, then topping it with mashed cooked cauliflower. Yum! I think I'll try that next week!

I'll have to try this!

AmandaLynn
Mon, Jan-24-05, 17:14
also i suggest trying this with breakfast sausage.... yum!!!

i made something similar before this WOE with bread but i like the cheeseburger version 10 times better

josiekat
Wed, Jan-26-05, 08:49
I made this on Sunday. It was fabulous! Along with a nice green salad, it was perfect. Even my non-LCing DH loved it!

I would give it :thup: :thup: and will definately make it again.

Jiggerz
Mon, Aug-22-05, 11:10
I made it last night, a double batch, and we all loved it..yup, even my picky kids. We polished off one, and the other got divided up into plastic containers and put away so I'm covered for lunches this week. Thanks!

Scented1
Fri, Sep-09-05, 06:51
This was my rendition I made yesterday

Taco Quiche
1 lb hamburger
1 small chopped onion optional
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped optional
4 eggs
˝ cup mayonnaise
˝ cup half and half
garlic powder(optional)
2 tablespoons Salsa
Chopped mild green peppers
Taco Seasoning

Brown hamburger with Taco Seasoning, I have a blend that I use that has no salt or sugar and onion. Mix in bacon. Press into the bottom of a deep dish pie pan.
Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well. Pour mixture over beef and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and set. Cool 15 -20 minutes before slicing.
Top with sour cream if desired (extra yummy)

This was awesome!

kevinpa
Mon, Jan-02-06, 11:59
Tried this recipe tonight and really enjoyed it. And have plenty leftover for tomorrow.

1 lb hamburger
1 small chopped onion
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
3 eggs
˝ cup mayonnaise
˝ cup half and half
garlic powder(optional)

Brown hamburger with onion. Mix in bacon. Press into the bottom of a deep dish pie pan.
Apparently it does not freeze well. This makes 6 servings.

I ran it through Fitday and here are counts per serving:

Fat 39 grams
carbs 4
Protein 27.5
Calories 470

Hope you enjoy it!!

Glenda

I just made this for lunch and was impressed. Light and flavorful......with a great Quiche feel to it. :thup:

MrsCee
Tue, Jan-03-06, 19:19
Made this for dinner tonight, even my DH who is not a low carber loved it and had seconds. :yum:

eyesofblue
Fri, Jan-13-06, 20:38
This taste great. I made it for dinner tonight, yummy. My husband enjoyed it too. The kids were all gone so I will have to make it another time and see if they will eat it.

tessbook
Thu, Jan-19-06, 10:18
Yehaw! I found dinner for tonight! Sounds great - thanks for sharing :)

BlitzedAng
Thu, Jan-19-06, 11:53
I like making this and saving in square tupperwares for brekki. :yum:

Angel

Scented1
Tue, Mar-07-06, 08:53
mmmm I haven't had this in awhile...time to do it again!

nicnoc
Wed, Mar-15-06, 15:10
Made this for the first time tonight. Big hit with the family, soooooo tasty. Thanks

montanasun
Wed, Mar-15-06, 17:51
I can't wait to try this. Thanks.

BlitzedAng
Wed, Nov-15-06, 11:15
I find new yummy things to add to this all the time.. Easy,tastes great and filling.

Angel

unaxoxo
Thu, Nov-30-06, 22:19
hmmm. i dont have bacon, is there any substitute for bacon? or should i just omit that altogether? but sounds good... though you keep saying "per serving"... and per serve is about 3 carb grams apparently. but just how big is this serving? like a typical lasagna serving? or like a small pie? i'm still on induction.. but its great to see that for a whole batch only cost me 1/2 cup of cream and 8oz of cheese.. i could eat half a batch (though i wont!).

oh and another thing.. no other way to cook this other than putting it in the oven? mine is being fixed =(. i want to make this sooo badly tonight... but looks like i'm gna have to wait another 2 weeks.. unless i make these at my boyfriend's.... hmm..

SereneOne
Wed, Jan-23-08, 19:06
I made this for dinner because I had all the ingredients on hand. Delicious!

Scented1
Wed, Jan-23-08, 19:08
we use bacon bits or leave them out

NismoGriff
Fri, Jan-25-08, 12:29
Made this last night and it was pretty good. I did add the black olives like somebody suggested. I was suprised that my wife enjoyed it and she actually took some to work with her today for her lunch. She text messaged me saying it was good warmed up too, lol. I was thinking about making a complete breakfast style one. Using sausage instead of ground beef, still using the bacon, and maybe adding in some ham bits too. Maybe some red and green pepper in the topping. Think it will bake up the same?

Flutterby
Sat, Feb-09-08, 22:53
I made this the other too and it wasn't bad. Hubby liked it too. I was good to put in fridge in containers for lunch the next day!

Scented1
Sat, Feb-09-08, 23:00
this recipe gets a lot of use around the forum. LOL I should make this. We haven't had in months. thanks for reminding me it is here.

HalexGSD
Tue, Apr-08-08, 19:46
Just tried this tonight and it was great. Will certainly make it again and thank you for sharing!

skeeweeaka
Fri, May-16-08, 21:46
Sounds good, would like to try this for dinner....

Graphite
Fri, May-16-08, 21:54
Hoo boy... I'm hoping to make one in about an hour, once I get off work!

*Sheila*
Sat, Aug-02-08, 09:17
wow! found an easy recipe for a busy day! Thanks! Especially with school fixing to start and being gone from home alot! Awesome. Will try this week too!

Wed, Aug-27-08, 13:12
This was just soooo good. :yum:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/AussieTPP/Animated%20Stuff/3cf61eba-1.gif

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Sonia567
Thu, Aug-28-08, 09:47
Yes, I agree. This recipe is awesome. I make it at least once every 2 weeks. Add a green salad and dinner's done! My whole family loves it.

Graphite
Thu, Aug-28-08, 10:41
Don't forget, you can add many other things, such as spinach, diced tomatoes, anything you want to spruce it up, change it up. Sometimes we use pork sausage.... Andouille sausage was fantastic in it!

feelskinny
Thu, Aug-28-08, 20:05
The OP was our supper tonight.
If my family 'loves' it....it's good!

I'm still smacking my lips.

Shirss28
Sun, Aug-31-08, 20:50
I know the original recipe says this doesn't freeze well, but I didn't read this until AFTER I just made a double batch :eek: I thought I could freeze some of it for future lunch and dinners. Has anyone been successful freezing it for leftovers?? I haven't tried it yet, it looks delicious but I don't think I want to eat it for every meal this next week :D

triplemom
Tue, Sep-30-08, 07:11
This is in the oven right now! I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand. I did something a little different with the cheese - I had a little bit of shredded cheese left in multiple bags, so I used them all - a little swiss, a little cheddar, a little mozarella. Will let you know how it turns out!

triplemom
Tue, Sep-30-08, 07:58
Drum roll.......great recipe! Even with my mixed bag of cheeses! :) I may try it next time with some green onions and crab meat.

JenLep
Thu, Oct-02-08, 09:57
I had to join this forum just so I could reply to this recipe! Thank you so much for posting. I started Atkins on Monday and as you all know, by day 3 was ready to give up due to the lack of variety of foods to make on induction. I found this site, and made this last night for dinner - YUM!! We had my FIL over for dinner and he loved it (I had ordered a pizza for the kids and for him just in case). I will definitely be making this again - very tasty!

Kirsteen
Wed, Oct-22-08, 15:33
I tried this recipe tonight, served with roasted red peppers. It was really delicious, but I think it's probably one that would suit more active people who can burn off a lot of calories. My boyfriend loved it, but I'm not used to eating such calorie-dense foods, and I found it heavy on my digestion. Also, my boyfriend served 1/4 recipe per person, which looked like an average serving to me, so I ate it without realising. I keyed it into My Plan to see what the damage was, and using our normal brand of cheddar and mayo, the total recipe worked out at around 3600 calories - that's 600 calories per 1/6 portion, So my generous portion notched up about 900 calories, not counting my side veggies, etc. :cry: :cry: I have gained weight on a lot less protein and calories. I would like to try the recipe again, but I think I will try to make a bulkier version, by mixing another veg through the meat, reducing the amount of cheese and adding more egg, mixed with cottage cheese and water, rather than extra mayo or cream. Thanks so much for introducing me to such a tasty idea.

pammieanne
Thu, Mar-19-09, 17:39
I jsut made this... got a :thup: from the DH who recently joined me on LC... and even my kids ate it!

I haven't had a problem with calories on LC yet, and I'm down #40 at this point and haven't had to worry about the calories that the last poster talked about.

This dish is tasty, filling and makes my family happyl

I did twist the recipe a bit... added mushrooms to the eggs, and put my bacon in the eggs instead of the ground beef... maybe not as much as the OP called for, but it was yummy!

This will be something I make again! And so LC to boot! woot woot!

Skorchem
Tue, Jul-28-09, 12:31
its baking in the oven now, smells yummy :P

Bejuled
Sat, Mar-13-10, 21:45
Made this tonight and everyone enjoyed it. (From 3yo to 39yo (-:) Served with a simple ceasar salad. Thanks so much for posting.

moondaught
Sun, Mar-14-10, 06:45
This is an awesome recipe. I found it (or a near-identical version of it) on LindaSue's website a couple of months ago, and have made variations of it weekly since then.

Mexican style, Italian style - with or without bacon - different meats, different cheeses, different veggies, no veggies - it's just amazing how different it can taste and it's awesome every single time. All six of us love it, and I have to make a double batch to ensure leftovers.

serenity77
Fri, Mar-19-10, 13:38
Bump! this is a great recipe! yummmmmmmy :-)

Fri, Mar-26-10, 21:15
Making this tonight with my own variation of course. Yeah, we all like to add our own little touch. :p

It's in the oven now. I know it will be delish. :yum:

chermac
Sat, Mar-27-10, 08:17
WOW! I'm so glad this thread rose to the top, I'm going to try this one this weekend.

shopjunkie
Sat, Apr-10-10, 09:39
I'm so glad I found this recipe again. I've been looking everywhere for it!

SOOO good! :yum:

bandit
Wed, Apr-14-10, 13:10
Made this this morning and it is awesome. Followed the recipe as written with a little less cheese - about 5-6 oz. and it was still delicious.

Rhinosaur
Thu, Apr-22-10, 15:49
I made this recipe last week and it was great. My wife and daughter but loved it too. I had to chase the wife away from the last portion so I'd have some for lunch the next day!

bandit
Thu, Jul-08-10, 19:46
Made the bacon cheeseburger quiche recipe but substituted taco beef for the hamburger and bacon and boy was it good.

kaarren
Sat, Jul-31-10, 16:39
I'm going to give this a try tonight....It is about the 3rd recipe I wanted to cook today, but this is the only one I have all the ingredients for!

kaarren
Sat, Jul-31-10, 21:02
MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm GOOD!

shopjunkie
Sat, Feb-05-11, 08:34
I haven't made this in awhile, and I think I'm going to make it for the Superbowl. :)

Such a yummy dish! :yum:

WTBThinner
Sat, Apr-02-11, 17:18
I just made this last night and it is really good.

Thanks All

Kimberleyb
Mon, Apr-11-11, 07:17
OMG this is delish!! I think I might have to only make it when I have people around to help me eat it, as portion control will def be an issue with this - it's too yummy! i just ate half in one sitting and could happily have the whole lot!

I only used half the amount of bacon and cheese as that's all I had but it was perfect! I'd never thought baking with mayo would work before even tho I've seen it in recipes on here. I'm a convert!

Thanks so much!

K x

hooleywood
Thu, Apr-14-11, 06:57
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/bacon_cheeseburger_quiche.html

I made it last night, and it was really easy. I made it without onion because I was out of onions. Still delicious. My boyfriend who isn't low carb, loved it. Kept saying "mmmmm" when he ate it. I'm actually excited to eat left-overs today at work! This site has a lot recipes that look good with carbohydrate counts to boot.

Kisal
Thu, Apr-14-11, 15:57
Linda Sue's recipes are great, aren't they? Many of them have become favorites of mine over the years. :)

ferrygirl
Sun, Apr-17-11, 01:13
Yummy! Happy, happy tummy!

cocochigg
Tue, May-03-11, 18:52
I have tried this recipe twice. The first I followed as directed. Tonite I used pork sausage, minced garlic and Mozerella Cheese. Kind of a Italian take. It is smelling sooo good. My hubby is dieting with me. He loves this recipe. Just add additional cheese to top after baking and ketchup, if you like. Great!!

bohemian45
Mon, Jul-11-11, 20:02
Man, was this a hit this evening at dinner! I made it pretty much as listed on page 1, but I "guesstimated" some amounts like the cheese and mayo.

The flavor was just incredible...my wife, who wasn't very hungry, asked for seconds! I'll be making this again...

catinhat
Mon, Jul-11-11, 21:11
Sounds like I need to try this soon! :)

kaarren
Tue, Jul-12-11, 19:35
I like this recipe because everyone in the family likes it.

Thanks Glenda!

catinhat
Tue, Jul-12-11, 21:48
I have a technical (I guess) question. If I have heavy cream instead of half and half, can I just use half cream and half water?

Shi-Shi
Thu, Nov-08-12, 07:28
I made this for my familly of four last night (two who are not Atkins diet, well i guess i should say, they don't know they are). And everyone loved it. I used heavy cream instead of 1/2 and 1/2 to cut down the carb count.. Thanks for the info..

bigoledude
Thu, Jan-10-13, 20:42
Made a pizza version and it was great!

LadyBelle
Sun, Jan-20-13, 18:41
I made this for dinner last night. Not having any cream on hand, I subbed in sour cream with the eggs. The pie got into 8 pieces. Somehow, I managed to get 2 slices from the quiche. My non-LC family gobbled up the rest.

They told me next time I need to make a larger one, or do two at the same time.

missymagoo
Sat, Aug-10-13, 13:30
sounds good

bohemian45
Mon, Jan-06-14, 16:23
Glad to be dusting off this recipe for tonight--cold and very windy. I used a mix of ground beef and ground pork which is what was in the fridge. I can't get ground pork at my grocer with enough fat in it, so a little extra bacon grease is welcome.

Ready in thirty minutes!

Iamgeorge!
Wed, Jan-15-14, 11:29
This is an amazing recipe! I have used it many times. It has great flavor and it is filling. Love it!

brookey952
Wed, Jan-22-14, 18:50
Trader joes makes a salsa verde that is delicious. Its a green sauce with tomatillos and jalapenos. We tried this recipe tonight and thought it needed something. I added a spoon of this salsa verde to the top of my quiche while it was on my plate and it was great! fyi dont add it before cooking. add it after

ImOnMyWay
Wed, Jan-22-14, 22:02
That sounds awesome! I love salsa verde. Thanks, Brookey.