PDA

View Full Version : Yoghurt

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

elisavet
Thu, Feb-28-02, 01:30
New and confused!!! I have read the CAD book and have started on the diet this Monday. I am already loosing!! Amazing!! I just have a question ....are yoghurts allowed for complimentary meals??

liv
Thu, Feb-28-02, 01:36
Hi there!! I'm also doing CAD/CALP and have been on it for only 3 days, but I'm feeling super great and have lost 1/2 a pound!!! Oh what a diet!!!

To answer your question: no, yoghurt is definitely a no-no during CM... the book mentions a little milk in your coffee during one meal to be drunk within 15 minutes, so I suppose plain yoghurt could be considered the same but ... is it worth the trouble?

Good luck and really happy dieting...

Liv

elisavet
Thu, Feb-28-02, 01:49
Of course you are absolutely right!! it is not worth the trouble...If i have to have it I'll just wait for my RM. By the way, what do you have fpr breakfast? I am getting sick of eggs and i can not find any soy flour in Greece

liv
Thu, Feb-28-02, 02:05
Sorry, I can't really help you there: I have never had any breakfast so far because I'm never hungry (I never wake up the same time as I get up!! :p ) ... I read somewhere on the forum that breakfast speeds up the metabolism a little so this morning I had a boiled egg ... I suppose I'll get sick of them too....

Bye for now!
Liv

clwydd
Thu, Feb-28-02, 05:04
Check out the Kitchen: Low-carb Recipes forum on this site. There's a whole section called Breakfast Ideas. Some of them might not be allowed on CAD because there are a lot rules about what you can and can't eat outside your reward meal, but many of them are okay. The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop thinking along old lines (they didn't work for you before, right?). So why do you have to have eggs for breakfast?

Back when I did CAD I found a lot of information at <http://www.cadis.org/>, the CADIS list (not the Heller's site). They also have a recipe section and breakfast ideas. I remember a "breakfast quiche" of sausage, spinach, eggs, and cheese that was very good and not very eggy.

It's really important to remember that for this to work it must be a way of life, and you should enjoy all facets of it. If you're following CAD, that means getting as much pleasure out of eating your complementary meals as you do your RM.

Good luck. I'm glad it's working for you.

Susan

animaldoc
Thu, Feb-28-02, 07:34
I like the spinach frittatas on the recipe section and I also eat cheese when I'm late....

-animaldoc :wave: