PDA

View Full Version : we have stuffed mushrooms for brekkie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jabs72
Wed, Feb-27-02, 12:40
my dh and i love mushrooms.sooo..i cooked some sausage, only enough to stuff about 6 mushrroms, added a little cream cheese and dried parsley...stuffed the mushrooms and broiled for a few mintues...this was quiet tasty along side a scrambled egg.

i am getting out of the "breakfast box" little by little

Myrtih
Thu, Feb-28-02, 15:08
:wave: Hi,
I am new to this whole thing of lc cooking. When I tried lc in the past I used whatever I could get already prepared. (Part lazy and part not knowing how to do it!) :)
I am going on CAD/CALP (going easy on the 'reward meal') and I won't actually be starting the new WOE until after payday.(some of you may relate to that! :D ) Once the grocery shopping is completed, I start. Exciting to me because I have Fibromyalgia and I understand that this WOE will cut back on some of the pain. I'm for that ! :hyper:
The stuffed mushrooms are a part of my new life! Thanks for sharing.
Myrtih

debbie2002
Thu, May-16-02, 22:12
Originally posted by Myrtih
:wave: Hi,
I am new to this whole thing of lc cooking. When I tried lc in the past I used whatever I could get already prepared. (Part lazy and part not knowing how to do it!) :)
I am going on CAD/CALP (going easy on the 'reward meal') and I won't actually be starting the new WOE until after payday.(some of you may relate to that! :D ) Once the grocery shopping is completed, I start. Exciting to me because I have Fibromyalgia and I understand that this WOE will cut back on some of the pain. I'm for that ! :hyper:
The stuffed mushrooms are a part of my new life! Thanks for sharing.
Myrtih

Myrtih,
My Mom has Fibromyalgia. She is resistant to Atkins (might be her medication). What is CAD/CALP?
Debbie

Myrtih
Fri, May-17-02, 00:25
Hi.
CAD is Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and CALP is Carbohydrate Addicts Lifetime Program.
Things however, have changed since I posted the thing about CAD and CALP and that is........my doctor's appointment!
I went to my doctor (a wonderful doctor) yesterday and learned that I had gained 3 pounds already this year. Like I really needed extra weight. :mad:
I will be going on the Schwarzbein Principle (SP) WOE beginning tomorrow, with my doctors blessing and encouragement! Actually, from the research I've done and after reading her book and her cookbook, I am very excited. It simply makes more sense to me than any thing else I have read, including CAD. If, God forbid, I can't follow the SP program I will go back to CALP or CAD but I'm hoping the SP works as well for me as it has for others.
I have been following the SP Forum for a while and while it doesn't sound like a 'fast fix', it seems solid. I want a plan that will become my way of life, not a fad thing and I want to 'heal' my body of all that I have done to it in the past with all of my crazy diets and necessary medications.
Diane Schwarzbein M.D. began her career doctoring diabetics and discovered this way of helping those who had been getting worse with the standard treatment. The things she learned not only helped her diabetic patients but also their families who saw what her treatment did for weight loss so they too came to her.
It looks promising for a permanent change of lifestyle and greatly improved health. It also seem VERY doable. Actually, her program is like a breath of fresh air with the things a person can and should eat as well as the things I should never eat again in my lifetime. I agree with it all and so did my doctor.
He did tell me that my triglycerides, cholesterol and high blood pressure should come down so quickly that he wants me to come in monthly for bloodwork. I am thankful for that because I am a Veteran and go to a VA doctor so they will pay for the medical costs of all the bloodwork and any other tests I might need.
Well, this is more than you asked! Sorry to ramble on but I just had to tell someone! :)
Myrtih

debbie2002
Fri, May-17-02, 19:36
Thank you for all of the great information. I have passed it on to my Mom.
Good luck on your new quest!!!!!

Linnea
Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:19
This sounds absolutely delish...I do have a question though.

Has anyone tried pre-making them and freezing them? It would be great to just pop them in the toaster oven or microwave in the morning.

Thanks for the idea!

francisstp
Fri, Apr-21-06, 12:19
This sounds absolutely delish...I do have a question though.

Has anyone tried pre-making them and freezing them? It would be great to just pop them in the toaster oven or microwave in the morning.

I dunno about this particular recipe, but mushrooms don't freeze well... They get all black and smell real bad when you get them out.

AbbyQ
Tue, May-02-06, 12:38
Yummm! Love mushrooms! One of my favs!! Can't wait to try...thanks