PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein Drinks ???'s

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Daschnook
Wed, Feb-27-02, 05:53
Hi

I recently bought two cartons of Solgar's Whey Protein drinks ... the chocolate one is 7g carbs per scoop and the vanilla bean is 1g carb per scoop. The question is: why do I stall when I drink these drinks...? Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? I only mix these drinks with mineral water (still) so ther should be no additional carbs going into the mix at all.

Im completely confused about this!

:q: Daschnook

Ella
Wed, Feb-27-02, 09:10
The chocolate one seems to have quite a lot of carbs. Are there any artificial sweeteners in them. Some of the sweeteners cause stalls.

When you say you stalled you mean that you didn't loose in 1 week? It looks to me that you are doing very well and already very close to your goal weight. From other people's experiences it looks like the loss slows down closer to the goal weight.

fiona
Wed, Feb-27-02, 15:23
6g carb seems high. The brand I get from Holland and Barratt is only 2.6g/scoop and I mix it with double cream albeit I make its use occasional because of the sweeteners. I posted full details of the brand in the UK Supermarkets thread.

Take care.