PDA

View Full Version : Tom ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

keis1225
Fri, Nov-09-07, 08:14
I know we get bloated during tom but can that keep u from loosing weight for a week? I didn't get mine yet but it should be here this weekend so I am pms'ing and have been for all of this week. I also have not lost anymore weight this week and I have stuck to it very strickly. Please tell me it's because of tom and I should be back to losing weight in about a week or so. And does drinking more water help since I'm retaining water at this time ?

Demokat
Fri, Nov-09-07, 08:32
Yes, hormones can certainly wreak havoc on weight loss. I tend to go up a pound or two during TOM, and then back to normal after. What you're experiencing is not unusual at all.

karouka
Fri, Nov-09-07, 09:14
Yes, it is very normal not to be able to lose around TOM.
I usually don't lose for almost 2 weeks after TOM!!!
Hang in there and everything will turn normal again. :wave:
(sometimes I also get cravings 2 days before TOM :( )

DEBBIE2007
Fri, Nov-09-07, 18:30
Yes, I start retaining water 1 week before TOM gets here.
I drink lots of water I heard the more you drink the less you
Retain. I never lose during tom its only after I see any loss.

Debbie 2007 :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

tdoty
Sat, Nov-10-07, 00:17
I also start retaining water the week before TOM. It goes away the week after though.

Lucy F
Sun, Nov-11-07, 15:49
I hate TOM. I'm just saying.....the cravings, the bloating, the water retention, the increase in poundage. UGH!

LAwoman75
Sun, Nov-11-07, 16:07
Yes, I don't lost at all during the week prior to TOM (which is now). In fact, I was up a pound this morning, which I expected. It will get back on track in a few days. Totally normal!

bike2work
Sun, Nov-11-07, 16:54
My experience is the same: no weight loss for one week of every month. And the injustice of it makes me mad. But
I don't know any way around it.

(I feel sorry for the poor guys named Tom. Everyone hates Tom. :p )

swingdance
Sun, Nov-11-07, 22:40
My experience is the same: no weight loss for one week of every month. And the injustice of it makes me mad. But
I don't know any way around it.

(I feel sorry for the poor guys named Tom. Everyone hates Tom. :p )

LOL

In one of my other groups...we call it 'Aunt Flo"

Everyone wishes Aunt Flo would just pack up and LEAVE!

:)

LAwoman75
Mon, Nov-12-07, 05:24
Well, I should have known better than to step on the scale this morning. Ughhh, not good at all. TOM begins tomorrow and I'm up a total of 1.4 lbs. I hate to see that, but atleast I know it will go away............... or atleast it better. lol

daisyboo
Mon, Nov-12-07, 05:28
I'm usually up around 4-5lbs with TOM but it leaves afterwards provided i don't give into the cravings and binge!

hayes
Mon, Nov-12-07, 05:44
When I first started Atkins, I would put on at least 5lbs before TOM. Now, It's around 3lbs. It will leave with TOM if you stay on plan.

jeri_lc
Mon, Nov-12-07, 13:55
Last week was PMS week for me. I actually lost 1.5 lbs but I was only down .5 from the previous week. I definitely don't have near the water retention I had before low carb. The boobage alone was at least 5 lbs, I have PMS and non-PMS bras that are a cup size larger for PMS week. This was the first cycle since I started lcing 5 weeks ago that I didn't develop Franken-boobs during PMS. I was a little tender but not swollen at all.

Now if want to talk about flow, that's whole 'nother complaint.

DameMeow
Mon, Nov-12-07, 16:43
Pretty much I don't lose and seem to gain for 10 days before TOM. Usually I go up 6 pounds. On the bright side, if you stay on Atkins while you aren't losing you don't gain the weight you would have if you gave in to your PMS cravings.