PDA

View Full Version : hello! and, vitamins?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Movey
Tue, Feb-26-02, 13:17
Hi!
Well, today is my first day of induction, and I am very excited about what is to come. I'm glad I found this site because I think it will be very helpful when my willpower begins to fail! My question is, Atkins talks a lot about vitamins and their benefits, and I was wondering about people's experiences taking/not taking vitamins. do they aid in weight loss? I would like to find this stuff out. Thanks!
- Movey :roll:

gwilson38
Tue, Feb-26-02, 14:14
Some people do take certain vitamins that may aid in their weightloss but what is most important is to be on vitamins that build up a depleted system. You should be on a multivitamin, calcium-magnesium and potassium.

wbahn
Tue, Feb-26-02, 16:00
I haven't firmly made up my mind about vitamins. My shipment from Atkins didn't arrive until well after the first week so I did that without any supplements of any kind. Seemed to do fine. Now I'm taking the three main ones that Atkins recommends (at least half of the recommended amount each day) and don't notice anything that I could possibly ascribe to them. But that doesn't mean that I don't need them or that they are not having a positive effect.

lyttlefish
Tue, Feb-26-02, 16:36
[
or that they are not having a positive effect. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just wanted to offer my congratulations on your weight loss
great stuff :D
soon that cessna will be all Yours
:cheer: