PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] total newbie in ckd!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Michi-NRG
Mon, Feb-25-02, 11:42
hello :)

i just signed up and wanted to say hello all :)

some questions if thats ok:

1. i had 2 apples today.. will this throw me out of ketosis ?
2. any tips u can give me to make it thru the day without cheating?
3. how long u ppl do this diet yet? :)
4. any swiss ppl here?

take care all

cU

Michi

DivaDani
Sat, Mar-23-02, 17:32
...are you still here? If you reply, I'll try to give you some answers. And sorry, I'm not Swiss :)

Trainerdan
Sat, Mar-23-02, 17:52
Everyone's body is different, but I would think that 2 apples probably would throw you out of ketosis.

2. any tips u can give me to make it thru the day without cheating?

Just drink water when you feel like cheating, and try to tell yourself that you can have those carbs on the weekend. That keeps me going.

3. how long u ppl do this diet yet?

I usually run it for 8 - 12 weeks, then increase my carbs just a bit. It depends on what time of year/season it is.

4. any swiss ppl here?

No, not swiss. Sorry. :(

Michi-NRG
Sat, Mar-23-02, 23:16
Originally posted by DivaDani
...are you still here? If you reply, I'll try to give you some answers. And sorry, I'm not Swiss :)

Hello,

ok... some questions..

what can i eat when i get hungry between the meals ? are peanuts ok? i see that they only got 15g carbs per 100 grams

are vegetables all ok?.. or do i have to eat them how ther colour is ? red is ok.. green not ect... *wonders*

hey no problem.. i was just thinking there might be some swiss ppl here hehe.... :)

i managed not to cheat anymore i say myself i will get everything at weekend :)

and it works..

i lost 7% bodyfat but no kilos im still 110kg (from 30% to 23% now) :)))

cU

Michael

DivaDani
Sun, Mar-24-02, 15:51
what can i eat when i get hungry between the meals ?
Macadamias are the best nuts to snack on (lowest carbs). You can always snack on deli lunch meat with cheese or lettuce. Leafy green vegetables are the best low carb bets: spinach, broccoli, asparagus, lettuce, cucumbers - all these are also good.

TIP: :) You can use the carb counter on this site under Low Carb Tools in the orange bar at the top to look for foods.

Congrats on lowering your BF% - keep it up!

Michi-NRG
Mon, Mar-25-02, 00:35
Heya :)

thanks for your tips :)

i go buy some macadamians today

and the other stuff u said

thanks all for your help... i can live like that forever when i have the carb up days... (still addicted hehe)

take care all :)

Michi