PDA

View Full Version : Yippeee my blood pressure is now normal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

s.a.kaye
Mon, Feb-25-02, 06:36
Hi everyone :wave:

I have posted this in my journal, but just wanted to share it here as well.
I stated LC 13 weeks ago, when I started my doctor tested my blood pressure and ordered cholesterol blood tests.
The results were not good !!!!!!!
blood pressure was 140/110
cholesterol was 8.1 (anything over 5 is not good)

Went back to the doctor today (13 weeks later)
My blood pressure is now PERFECT 120/80
and my cholesterol is now 6.4, which is still a little bit high, but definately on the way down.

I am just so thrilled with these results, I know I still have a long way to go with my weight, but I know if I stick to this plan it's really going to happen. I have lost almost 20 kilos in 13 weeks, which to me is just amazing.

Hope everyone is having a great LC day !!!!!
bye for now
Kaye

starlite
Fri, Mar-01-02, 22:55
Wow...that is GREAT! Isn't it fantastic to reap rewards like that! Congrats - give yourself a big pat on the back for me - BP can be very dangerous when it gets high and doubly so when you add high cholesterol, so you're doing awesome! :)

Homegirl
Fri, Mar-01-02, 22:58
Way to go s.a.kaye!

:thup: :thup: :thup:

starlite
Thu, Mar-14-02, 19:34
WAY TO GO SA!! That is so fantastic! Whatever you're doing, keep doing it! :D

Terminal
Fri, Jun-14-02, 08:21
What were you doing to get your numbers down?

VictoriaT
Fri, Jun-14-02, 14:55
Congratulations!!! That is so wonderful. I just went to my DR (Started the diet 2 days ago). My BP was 143/96. It scares me. I have anxiety at night over it. I am trying to be positive and I am very excited to start!
You are an inspiration!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!