PDA

View Full Version : Banana Nut Muffins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SereneOne
Fri, Oct-05-07, 09:08
This is a recipe that I just love. It's so easy and tastes yummy.

2 cups Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 egg whites
1 large egg
1/4 tsp Liquid Sucralose
1.5 tsp banana extract
1/2 tsp vanilla (no sugar added)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons butter, softened

Mix all ingredients together, pour into well greased muffin tin and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. If you make six muffins, they should be about 2 Net Carbs each.

This is from a low carb cookbook but I substituted liquid sucralose for Splenda to lower the carb count.

cdjohnson
Sat, Oct-06-07, 18:46
Could you post the amount of Splenda it had in the original recipe? I have that on hand and do not have the liquid.

Thanks!

Cheryl

SereneOne
Mon, Oct-08-07, 10:39
One Cup of Splenda!

cdjohnson
Mon, Oct-08-07, 10:49
Thanks for the splenda conversion! I went to the health food store this morning and they did not have liquid sucralose. Now, I can get busy and make these for a snack later this afternoon.

Cheryl

cdjohnson
Thu, Oct-11-07, 17:04
SereneOne,

I made these Tuesday evening. I was very impressed! They taste exactly like banana nut muffins. A friend of mine at school knew I was going to make them and asked me to bring her one of Wednesday. I did and she couldn't believe how good they were (she is not a LCer).

Thanks for sharing this great recipe. I have been having one for breakfast each morning since I had been missing muffins tremendously since starting LC.

Cheryl