PDA

View Full Version : 50 pounds gone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CNYMom
Tue, Sep-18-07, 13:45
Since the end of January when I started back on Atkins' at 198, I have dropped 50 pounds. It may have taken almost 8 months to get there, but I am so glad I did it.

I feel 100 times better. I have energy, lots of energy! I walk for an hour or so 5 times a week, and lately I've started adding running intervals because the walking just doesn't feel like enough anymore. I've been learning how to golf, remembering how to bowl, and I'm shopping for a bicycle.

None of these things are things I would have even considered a year ago.

I currently wear a size 10. My winter coat from last year is a 22/24, so are my fall jackets. Even my feet have shrunk. I was wearing a 7 1/2W or 8 shoe 6 months ago. Now, I'm a straight 7 1/2, and many of my shoes are now too big.

I walk differently, hold myself differently, and although I am still not quite used to attracting (male) attention, I'm remembering what it felt like. I'm remembering that it's kind of fun! ;)

I picked up two containers of cat litter the other day (14 pounds each) and tried to walk with them. It was hard! I can't even imagine walking with 4 of them, which is pretty much what I've lost since January. (Total, I've lost 5 1/2 of them, even harder to imagine)

Anyway, I started this hoping it will motivate someone who needs it, but it's turned into a blow-my-own-horn session. You know what, though? I deserve it, so yay me! :lol:

Robin

PS. If I can do this, with all my metabolic issues and lack of faith in myself or any WOE anywhere, you can, too! (There, that's my motivational part! :lol: )

:wave:

Beauocchi
Tue, Sep-18-07, 16:01
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You do deserve to pat yourself on the back. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way--you've done the work and sacrifice, you deserve the bragging rights.

I hope that someday, I'll be able to brag some too! Again--way to go.

Tish437
Tue, Sep-18-07, 16:12
Congratulations! I am so proud of you! I'm bookmarking your thread, it is so inspiring to me. You started it and stuck with it, and I am SO IMPRESSED! You've given me the shot in the arm I need, and you deserve to blow your own horn.

shirleyt1
Wed, Sep-19-07, 07:54
Wow! You shoud be proud. I havent been below 150 in hmmm...7 years! So, when I get there...everyone will know! WTG!

Josiemk
Wed, Sep-19-07, 08:13
CNYmom ,

Congrats, I'm hoping to lose another 30 pounds making that a total of 60 pounds.

You should be proud of yourself. I was real discouraged over my weight gain but I now have hope thanks to people like you. Keep up the great work. I'm going to check out your journal.

Donnybrook
Wed, Sep-19-07, 12:48
I picked up two containers of cat litter the other day (14 pounds each) and tried to walk with them. It was hard! I can't even imagine walking with 4 of them, which is pretty much what I've lost since January. (Total, I've lost 5 1/2 of them, even harder to imagine)

Thats pretty funny- I think the same way- I pick up a 40 pound bag of dog food- and feel the weight on my legs and back and think how wonderful it will be when I've lost that much.
Congrats! you've done a great job. :)

Denise

NotPat
Wed, Sep-19-07, 16:23
Sooooooo inspiring!!! thanks for posting your story! :thup:

kshelia
Wed, Sep-19-07, 16:28
Wtg!!!!!!!!

tdoty
Wed, Oct-17-07, 21:56
That's awesome! You're an inspiration! :cheer: