PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa area get-together?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Michelle
Fri, Dec-29-00, 02:02
Hi there! I was wondering if anyone is in or near the Ottawa area and would like to have a get-together like for supper or something?
I will be in the Ottawa area visiting my folks from Jan 21-28, and was hoping a few people would be interested. I have tried this before (in Edmonton) and it worked great. We got to meet interesting people, show our before and during pictures (works in progress, right?) and share tips and tricks that help us out.
Looking forward to meeting some of you!
Michelle
191/158/130
Atkins since 11/11/99

NNN
Sun, Dec-31-00, 20:18
HI Michelle. I won't be in Ottawa but noted that you mentioned before and after pictures. Have you posted them here at this web site for people to see? Would be nice
Thanks
NNN

Michelle
Mon, Jan-01-01, 00:12
I don't really have during/after pictures up yet, but I do have before pictures up to help you put a face to the name. I've lost about 30 lbs since these pictures were taken. Here's the address:

http://www.geocities.com/mimi_pope/Before_shots.html

Happy New Year!
Michelle

tamarian
Mon, Jan-01-01, 01:30
Originally posted by Michelle
I don't really have during/after pictures up yet, but I do have before pictures up to help you put a face to the name. I've lost about 30 lbs since these pictures were taken. Here's the address:

http://www.geocities.com/mimi_pope/Before_shots.html

Oh, that Michelle! I recognize you from ASDL-C, I click on all sites! Congrats on the 30 lbs!

Wa'il

Gracia_30
Sat, Jan-06-01, 10:53
Hello! I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I "was" originally from Ottawa and am now in Toronto. Would you know of anyone in here that is from Toronto??? It would be nice to chat/make friends. If you ever have another "get together" in Ottawa, I wouldn't mind knowing about it as well. I might be able to go since all my family are still there.

Bye for now. Josee

deeyee
Sat, Jan-06-01, 14:34
Josee,

I am just north of Toronto. I've heard there's supposed to be many others from Toronto but I never see them. But then again, I'm new here.(on this site, I mean)

debbiedobson
Sat, Jan-06-01, 15:01
hi josee
i live in ajax. we've been here for 8 years. prior to that i grew up and lived in scarborough. i was born in toronto. St.Mike's Hospital.
debbie

Gracia_30
Sun, Jan-07-01, 07:37
I am in Scarborough!!! My husband and I moved here 1 1/2 years ago and I must admit (by my fault) that I haven't made many friends yet. I'm one of those home bodies and I've always been weary of making personal friends at work. And since work and home is all I see... well! I decided that this year I'd do something social or what ever where I could enjoy myself and make new friends. A town as great as this is hard to enjoy with no friends! (Although my best friend is very good to me (my hubby))

I just started this diet (CAD) this week and I must admit that I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would. I crave chocolate alot during the day but I don't give in. I'm going to go get some soy flour today to make some bread. I'm getting a little sick of eggs for breakfast. I also have recipes to make muffins and pancakes with the soy flour. So I'll give that a shot. I hope it doesn't taste bad!! Anyhoo, write back or e-mail me if you wish. I would like that!!! Nice chatting with you girls. And Thanks!

Josee