PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking to lose 20-25?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

taisha
Thu, Feb-21-02, 11:54
I just started and would love a buddy as well as hear some success stories. Much encouragement needed. Anyone from MD/DC area by the way?

tmturpin~cmsenergy.com

shawj11
Sat, Mar-02-02, 02:24
Hi.
I am not from DC, but am looking to lose about the same as you.
Buddies are a great support. Email me if you'd like :wave:

I am from New Jersey, i am currently at one forty eight. I work out on a regular basis.

Hope to hear from you soon.
:wave:

Tiggerlou
Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:22
I would love to join you as well. Last time I weighed I was also at 148lbs. Sunday I will know if I lost this past week. I had originally lost 65 lbs on a low fat, high exercise diet in the past 14 months, but I stalled out between 150 and 155 for 5 months. Now I am discovering the Atkins advantage on health issues as well, and I want to keep going!!

LeeCee
Fri, Apr-12-02, 09:33
Hi Guys !

Hey Shaw, I am also in New Jersey. Looking to drop to 110. I am 5"1, petite build, 27 years old.

Good luck to you both !

gakak
Tue, Apr-16-02, 16:49
Hi
Just wanted to be on your buddy list. I did this diet 18 months ago and lost 32 lb. I'm ready to go again b/c I know it WORKS. I had more energy,felt better and was the happiest in my life! I suffer from migraines and this was the best medicine. After the 1st week I did not have anymore till I fell off the wagon and went back to the old habits. :mad: I hope I can be of some help to ya! Love to talk with ya------Good Luck to all. :cheer:

JenW
Thu, Apr-18-02, 10:30
Been on for three days now and have lost 2 pounds so far.. I think. At least that is what the scales said! I hoping for ten pounds at the end of my induction. We'll see! This is pretty tough!

lisacc
Thu, Apr-18-02, 11:53
Hi, my name is Lisa, I am looking to lose about 29lbs. I currently am weighing in at 148. This is my first time doing Atlkins or any type of low carb. I just know that my energy has gone up and also my mood swings are so much better. I am happy and I am not fearful anymore. My induction will be over on this Sat. I will get on the scales then. I thought about doing another 2weeks induction. What do you guess think? I would also like to have a buddy. I am from Kentucky :wave: so hello.

JenW
Thu, Apr-18-02, 13:19
If you think you can do it for another two weeks! Go for it! My sister in law and I have been doing it for three days now and she just called to tell me she had five small donuts for lunch! She bailed on me, she couldn't do it! She wants to go back to Metabolife! Such a cheat! I'm from Missouri. Let me know what you decide!

Tiggerlou
Thu, Apr-18-02, 14:03
Uuuuuuuumpf - what a bummer with those doughnuts... You know, I fell off one time on day #17 of induction. Started right back up, the guilt was bad! Still doing induction on day #26 right now, last I checked I had lost 10 lbs - will know if any more next Sunday! I found that after the initial week of induction, it gets much easier. Now I am not even hungry at all!!! No cravings either! Have to remind myself to eat something just to keep the ole metabolism going - one egg at a time! So, pleeeez hang in there. It does get easier. I want to start the OWL in about 5.5lbs, a week or two from now. hopefully! Keep letting us know how you're doing, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Tiggerlou
Fri, Apr-19-02, 06:44
Somebody, pleeeze help...
It was scale day, and I am down in the dumps!!! 4 days ago, I was down to 145.5, today the scale shows 151.5!!! What am I doing wrong??? I went back through my list of foods for the past few days. No matter how I add it up, I am still around 20 carbs, hidden and all (I think). I was sooo proud that I resisted the girl scout cookies last night - stayed away from the AS and meal replacements, and still...!!! I am sooo discouraged, I don't want to give up! Should I eat more fat? I am in ketosis, according to the stix. I am sooo scared to put the pounds back on. Perhaps, should I try to increase my carbs to the next level? I still work out at least 5x a week, nothing has changed there. I am on antibiotics right now. Could that have an impact? Taking my vitamins as well. Day #18 of my cycle - is THAT it? I am at a complete loss - I do not want to get discouraged!!
H E L P ! ! !

gakak
Fri, Apr-19-02, 08:02
Hey Tiggerlou

Hang in there ....the pounds will come off!! Medicines in the past have been a problem for me. They usually put me at a stand still. However this is not the time to cheat. Keep the faith it will be okay! Also in my past experiences I had a slow pace but the important thing is to keep at it. I know you said you went over every thing but check again just to make sure. Gum, breathe mints and the such can do that to you. Don't look at the scales and be at your best for 2 days and see what happens. If it is your antibiotics then when you through with them the pounds will come on off. The keto stixs are my friend they have never let me down. I live by them 1) because it gives me courage 2) I know that my body is okay and will be so much better when I go to OWL.
You can do it just hang in there and know that you are doing the right thing. In just a matter of time and .....WOW look at her!!!!Good Luck Keep the Faith You are SOOOOOO worth it.
:cheer:

Tiggerlou
Fri, Apr-19-02, 11:15
:( I am hanging...trying...to keep at it! :rolleyes:
Double checked everything and got into the Atkins site. I think I will try to lower my cals and protein a bit, as well as increase the fat. Gotta keep at those veggies. Made it a point to eat those FIRST, then other carbs! Hormones, meds...why does it all have to be so complicated... :mad: Thanks for the support. We'll see what happens in a few more days. So far I got the panic under control... :) It's a good thing we don't all hit the bottom at the same time. Will be there when you need a little pick-me-upper!

pmh
Sun, Apr-21-02, 15:32
Hi Everybody,

Just snooping along the thread and felt a kinship with you all....

Top weights very similar........ goal weights very similar........

I too have hit a stall. Started 1 1/2 weeks ago and lost 5.5 lbs the first week. Had lost a further 3 the beginning of the second week, but today I have found those lost 3 pounds! So 148 lbs still.

I can 'feel' when I am in ketosis, and didn't feel it at all Friday or Saturday.....'feel' it again today..... maybe tomorrow the scale will cooperate......

I guess we have to remember how long it took to put the weight on, and not be too impatient if it comes off slower than we like. I think too, that the fabulous initial success stories probably come from people who have a lot more that 20 lbs to lose.

I refuse to become discouraged this soon.....Remember we have a lifetime of bad habits behind us..... Lets be kind to ourselves and give ourselves whatever time it takes...... We know its going to work...... eventually!

Pat

Tiggerlou
Sun, Apr-21-02, 16:37
Hi Pat!
Welcome!
This forum is fantastic, especially with all the support everyone gives, and seeing that certain things happen to others as well. My LC story sounds very similar to yours, and just within the past few days, the weight started moving down again. I like your attitude, keep going! I am sure if nothing else, the health benefits in the long run are tremendous! Do tell more about your LC plan, I have never heard of it!
Glad you joined in!
M.

pmh
Sun, Apr-21-02, 21:28
Hi there,

I am thinking that the Curves for Women 'plan' is based mostly on the Atkins diet....... my observation........ but I'll tell you a little more about them:

Gary Heavin and his wife Diane opened their first Curves For Women location (gym) in 1992 in Texas. Now there are over 2,000 locations in all the 50 states, in Canada and in Spain.

There mission is 'to help women escape from the bondage of poor health and obesity.' They do this by providing an exercise program that overweight (or not!), busy women can follow. They offer their 'permanent results without permanent dieting' way of eating to any interested clients. As I previously mentioned, the plan seems to be very similar to what I am hearing about the Atkins plan.... I will be buying my copy of Atkins, so I can compare.........

I think I will by the Carbohydrate Addicts book too.

Looking forward to getting on the scales tomorrow. Maybe I'll be jumping for joy? :hyper:

Pat

Tiggerlou
Tue, Apr-23-02, 07:15
Hey, long tome no read!
Anybody out there? Haven't read anything new!
Lost another pound!!! :wave:

gakak
Tue, Apr-23-02, 12:47
WAY TO GO :cheer: :cheer: I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

I'm at a stand still now for 4 days. Nothing different in my diet I guess it's not ready to fall off! This time on the LC is different ....the first time I lost 8lbs in the 14 days. I'm on 3lbs and its the ummm 9th day. Oh well it will happen.

Congrats on your loss. You go! E-ya later

Tiggerlou
Tue, Apr-23-02, 14:29
T H A N K S !!!
Man, this is a bumpy road, though. I could eat all the time! Has anyone experienced this? Perhaps the oncoming whoosh fairy...Just in the past few days.... My calorie intake is keeping me from losing weight at a steady pace!! I am doing ok with the carbs, found a lot of hidden ones!
It'll start up again, gekak! Did for me, right after I went into a frenzy - LOL! I need to find a way to keep my cals down. Any ideas?

gakak
Wed, Apr-24-02, 06:25
You know I really hate to say this But I never had that problem the last time I did this LC. Hey maybe thats my problem!! I'll look in to that this asfternoon and get back with ya! We may have a problem that we can overcome together! It always helps if you have someone in there with you.

Gotta go take a test at school Talk to ya later!
:( :daze: