PDA

View Full Version : Fish Burgers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fiona
Tue, Feb-19-02, 12:57
FISH BURGERS
I tin Salmon (drain off the water and crush the bones with a fork)
I egg well beaten
H&S=Herbs and Spices (I usually use freeze-dried garlic, corriander, parsley, Mixed herbs , garam masala and red chilli powder. Oh a ½ tspoon of my home-made fresh ginger/garlic/corriander/greenchilli paste if I remember. Mustard could easily replace chilli powder.)
Sprinkle of flour – approx 1 teaspoon

Beat the egg, add the fish and the H&S mix well. Sprinkle in the flour until consistency is fairly mouldable without breaking up. Make into balls. Flatten each ball just before you put it into pan of hot oil (shallow fry so you only need a little oil).

It is quick, easy, cheap, tasty and great with some fresh lettuce, pepper, spinnach leaves and a few olives. I plan ahead, prepare the balls and leave in the fridge until I am ready to eat. Gives the dry H&S time to blend in and rehydrate. It takes seconds to put on the stove when the hunger pangs kick in and provides the protein for three good meals (for one).