PDA

View Full Version : Last 5 pounds?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sailfish
Mon, Feb-18-02, 17:02
I'm counting down those last, very slow, very tough 5 pounds. Anyone out there doing the same? Any advice on how to get there?

karebear
Sat, Feb-23-02, 15:18
i am on my last 5 to 10 pounds (10 would be nice, but 5 will do). i am on neanderthin and am trying to go low carb for a few days by cutting out fruits, juice (i sometimes have a small glass with brakfast), and nuts. i may even give up the wine :eek:

Fattiegirl
Sat, Mar-02-02, 17:29
well.. i suppose I am on the last five or ten. Weird thought... i lost four pounds this week from cheating last weekend then going on induction Sunday morning. I think I jolted my body out of a really long stall!!!.,.... I might try that again in a couple weeks if my loss doesn't continue!!

karebear
Sat, Mar-02-02, 17:56
hi fattiegirl :wave:

glad to see your reply! i am on day 6 of low carbing (my diet consists mostly of eggs, cheap ground beef, veggies, and chicken). i haven't weighed myself, but i know i have lost weight because my clothes fit losser.

i had been steady at 125/126 (for 3 months) with a moderate amount of cheating (2 birthdays, christmas, new years, valentines, my birthday, and probably a little cheating here and there). i finally decided that i was going to lose those 10 pounds (my cousin is getting married in july in vegas).

before i cut down on my carbs, i was eating a lot of nuts and a small amount of fruit and juice. i want to slowly introduce these carbs back into my diet.

i was just wondering how long you were planning to stay on induction and how are you going to re-introduce your carbs?

(i've been eyeing that wine bottle that has been sitting in my kitchen and have been dying for my chilli-lemon pstachios :yum: )

karebear

Fattiegirl
Sat, Mar-09-02, 11:55
well this is about the end of my second week on induction.... my induction isn't so strict as some others I'll say!! Ive been known to have alcohol and caffeine and protein bars and I guess it still works okay for me.
Anyways.. I have lost a few more inches this week but not scale weight I think its because of TOM so hopefully i'll experience a drop soon. I mostly eat salads, chicken and protein bars without a whole lot of anything else.
My spring break is in about two weeks so I am trying to look as good as possible for then!!

How are things going with you?? I might stay on induction this week or maybe i should cheat today and induct again tommorrow... i don't really know!!?!?

karebear
Sat, Mar-09-02, 13:06
hey fattiegirl :wave:

well, i did an induction for a week, then i added pistachios to my diet. i have not been able to weigh myself (my scale is having issues) but i noticed that i am getting smaller (i guess that's the most important thing).

i did have two glasses of wine since i have started my new quest, but i am not calling that a cheat (a girls gotta have some kind of treat ;) )

since i have done so well (i am able to fit into a dress that i could not fit into for about 8 years), i am going to treat myself -- to a brand new outfit! i deserve it :yay:

:q: just curious, are you plannig a big cheat for easter? i have not decided yet. i am deciding whether or not to have maybe a piece of cheese cake, gorge myself on my children's candy, or just stay on my diet (yeah right!)

Fattiegirl
Sat, Mar-09-02, 16:27
Yeah!! Go for that outfit! I actually bought myself a few things the past week just cuz I liked the size on the label!! sad, i know

I don't know about cheating for Easter... it falls on our spring break so I don't know where i'll be. But I am just guessing that there will be a bit of cheating going on that week, ya know??

I love spongebob by the way!

karebear
Sun, Mar-10-02, 12:08
just curious, what do you eat? i find myself eating pretty much the same thing every week, but i don't seem to get bored with it. i don't know why.

also, are you exercising regularly? and if so, what type of exercise are you doing? i am trying a new exercise, pilates, but i have stopped my lunchtime walk because i try and do my homework during my lunch at work.

Fattiegirl
Sun, Mar-10-02, 19:58
I am a cheerleader and pole vaulter for my college.. but the season just recently ended for cheerleading and I sprained my ankle two weeks ago while training for pole vaulting.

I still weight train 3 or 4 times a week and today was my first day doing cardio since my ankle. I did the elliptical trainer.

I would really recommend weight training.. it is pretty easy to develop tone on this diet because of all the protein

karebear
Mon, Mar-11-02, 10:38
wow!

you are very athletic. i am very impressed :cool: . i would like to get some weight training in, but i have no time. between work, commute, kids, and school, i barely have enough time for myself. but i will be moving in june and that will shorten my commute time. i also will be finishing school in may, so i plan to do more in the way of exercise.

with all that you do, you should reach your goal in no time. i will soon have to look for you on the maintenance board ;)

suzzcq70
Sun, May-05-02, 09:55
Hello everyone . . . are you still out there? I am having a tough time losing the weight . . . granted I did not have much to lose from the start of my LC ourney, but boy is it slow!! I keep fluctuating from 125 to 127# and its so annoying!

I have to admit that clothes are fitting much better, but is it from the exercise or the LC eating or both? Either way, I really want these last few pounds gone.

Anyone out there still struggling?

karebear
Tue, May-07-02, 09:17
i'm still here, and still trying those last 5 to 10 pounds. it's just that work is trying to kill me. i have been putting in 10 hour days and working on the weekends. plus i have to commute 3 hours a day so i really have very little time these days

i have not been the best on my wol. one day i hate yogurt covered almonds, another day i had chocolate covered pretzels and toffee peanuts. after this week i am going back to very low carbs to get back on track.

Meg_S
Fri, Jul-12-02, 17:36
Seems this thread has fallen out of date?

Well I am in my last 5-10 lbs of fat, and I think that this is the hardest!
I still have the mindset that I have SO MUCH to lose, yet I don't see any kind of fast results so it is discouraging.

I switched to a Cyclical ketogenic diet, which certainly is not as tasty as just "low carbing" but I like it because it's great for weight training.

It is really cool to be at this point and think, "hey, maybe I will actually be slim!" Instead of just wishing you were not *so* fat.

Take care!
Meg