PDA

View Full Version : didn't cheat yesterday - will i make it through today?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sailfish
Sat, Feb-16-02, 08:43
I kept myself at home and didn't end up buying and eating a pint of pistacio ice cream ... but i need the strenght to get through today. I'm cooking sausage and softboiled eggs for breakfast - though i really want a fresh bagel with cream cheese. I don't know why my cravings for carbs are so high right now - i haven't eatten anything that triggers it and it's not my TOM. I just want want want CARBS!!!!!

Wish me luck!

CrazyCurly
Sat, Feb-16-02, 12:17
Good for you not giving in last night. Your doing great. When I feel like I am going to cheat I like to picture myself how I want to look. Go in your closet and try on a pair of pants you would like to fit. I saw your other post and I must say I agree with your boyfriend. You CAN do this just stay strong. Find something else to keep your mind busy. I hope you make it through the day, because I know you can!

Jess

sailfish
Sat, Feb-16-02, 15:12
I just returned from the grocery - which 99.9% of my basket was healthy low/no carb foods..... but I broke down and bought a pint of ben and jerry's pistachio ice cream .... to my defense - it's one of the lowest carb Ice creams out there (21 g in a 1/2 cup - of course all sugar!). I haven't opened it yet - but I haven't tossed it down the disposal yet.

The way I keep from cheating is that i live alone and just keep allowed foods in the house ... but not right now .... part of me says to give in and eat a serving - count the carbs - feel sick and then toss the rest ....

who knows what i will do!

lcon109
Sat, Feb-16-02, 19:32
I thought I was doing my husband a wonderful thing by making him one of his favorite deserts for Valentine's Day. He loves a version of cheesecake I make that is made with creamcheese, cool whip, sour cream and sugar. He also loves Banana Cream Pie. I decided to make a new version of the Cheesecake and add the banana pudding to it. I used Splenda instead of sugar and it was pretty low carb as gooey wonderful deserts go.

The Problem? I had 2 peices in one night it was so good!!! ::sigh:: there is still more in the frig too....:::glancing in the direction of the frig as I sit here drinking my water w/lemon::::

Lisa

sailfish
Sat, Feb-16-02, 20:42
I did it. I opened the ice cream and I ate a few bites. About the same amount I would eat back when I was living with my Bfriend ... i'd eat 1/4 cup - he'd finish off the pint. But now with us doing this long distance relationship - i ate my few bites and there is still almost a pint in the freezer. I want more - but I will resisit.

lcon109
Sun, Feb-17-02, 08:23
Way to practice self control!!!! If you look at some of the low carb recipe sites, it isn't a wonder that the majority of the recipes are for deserts. We crave that sweet in our lives.. its a pleasure that shouldn't be denied. That's one of the reasons I love CALP!

Lisa

sailfish
Sun, Feb-17-02, 09:20
Well, sunday mornings are my official weigh in day - and I'm down to 130 .. not sure if the ice cream will put a few of those back but i really didn't feel all that bad and since i only took in about 10 g of sugar ... i dont' think it has effected too badly. maybe a cheat every now and again (i'm on OWL) isn't too too bad!

rhonda141
Sun, Feb-17-02, 20:37
I've lost 15 lbs too and have been stalled at 125.5 for a long time - maybe 3 or 4 weeks. It's okay because I'm only 4 lbs. away from my goal, but---I am craving carbs now and wonder why. With my husband and son on the Atkins with me, it's pretty easy to stick to the plan, but I do find myself wanting a bagel or something like that.

Something else that concerns me - this diet is REALLY expensive. Is it just my uneconomical shopping or do any of you find this a problem, too? Does anyone have any tips on how not to spend a fortune every shopping day? :confused:

sailfish
Mon, Feb-18-02, 08:12
ronda -
not sure where you are located but if their is a costco - you can buy meat at great prices and then freeze it. I'm assuming that's where your expense is coming from.

As for those last 4 - 5 pound - i'm right there with you now and i think that the last 5 are the longest to come off but stick with it and remember that this is a life long WOE to remain.