PDA

View Full Version : PIZZA???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CRIS
Sat, Feb-16-02, 06:28
HI, ME AGAIN.
I NEED SOME HELP. HOW DO I FIT PIZZA IN TO MY REWARD MEAL? WHAT DOES IT COUNT AS? WHAT SHOULD I HAVE WITH IT?

Scottty
Sat, Feb-16-02, 11:40
This is where keeping a journal and using fitday.com are a big help :D

I went back to that day to see what I had for that meal.

Of course, I started with a large salad. We had a store bought frozen pizza which I doctored up with lots of extra pepperoni and sausage. I even had a Fun pack of Peanut M+M's that day!

Using Fitday.com, I could calculate how many carbs were in each slice, and determine how much I could have. I think I had a 1/3 of the Totino's pizza. And, it was delicious! :daze:

If you are not crazy about lots of meat on your pizza; add come celery with peanut butter, or something like that to increase your protein. Enjoy :wave: :wave: :wave:

CRIS
Sun, Feb-17-02, 07:12
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS SCOTTY
I HAD THE SALAD AND THEN 1 SLICE OF PEPPRONI PIZZA WITH A LOT MORE SALAD. THEN I HAD A SLICE OF A CALZONE, WHICH WAS PRACTCALLY ALL PROTEIN. MORE SALAD. IT WAS ALL REALLY GOOD.
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE ABOUT THE REWARD MEALS TOO. I DON'T THINK I'D HAVE THE 20 HOURS IN BETWEEN. MAYBE I'LL TRY IT FOR A WEEK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. ON. THURSDAYS AND FRIDAYS I'D BE FINE BECAUSE BOTH REWARD MEALS WOULD BE AT LUNCH. IT'S TUES I'D BE WORRYING ABOUT. MAYBE I CAN DO IT FOR JUST THOSE 2 DAYS AND EAT MY REWARD MEAL DINNER EARLY ON WED. I'LL SEE.
I'M JEALOUS OF YOUR COOKOUT! I LIVE IN N.Y. AND WE ARE QUITE CHILLY LATELY.