PDA

View Full Version : One month update - 1 stone gone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Reymi_VZ
Sat, Feb-16-02, 04:04
Hi y'all.

Got back from my doctor's yesterday with the BIGGEST smile on my face. My Doctor was pretty damn happy too.

In one month, I have lost 13 pounds - just under one stone!!!!

I am so incredibly pleased... mainly because I haven't been on a diet. If I am hungry, I eat. If I want icecream, I have it (home made of course). What other eating program is so wonderful as lo-carbing?

Anyway, thought I would share some of my staple products,

Work/TV snack.
1/3 carrot cut into this slices (use like chips) with Chris's Homestyle Greek Dip - Traditional Spicy Avacado and Feta. (available only at Coles). Dip is 4.1g per 100, of which 2.7g is sugars. Isn't that great? So you can eat 1/4 of the tub for 1.35g of carbs plus the carbs from your carrot.

Every day - pretty much - I have a stir fry. Not sick of it yet and been doing it for 2 weeks now (as soon as I came off induction). My secret item is Sinsin Stir Fry Wok Sauce (avail only at Woolworths - $2.20 per bottle). They recommend 2tbs per seving, but 1 is plenty - just add some water while stirfrying. Carbs 3.3g per 15g (1 tbs). I add this to:
Small handful of beef/lamb/chicken
1/4 carrot cut into stips
1/4 zucchini
1/8 red capsicum
2 small mushrooms
1/4 onion
2 sml branches of Broccili
2 lrg brances of Cauliflower
1 bunch of Bok Choy (pull each leave off)
This makes 2 very generous serves - perfect for reheating at work.

Home made Icecream - no icecream maker.
1 600ml bottle of 35% milk fat cream
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Splenda to taste.
- I love Coffee icecream! So to this I just add 1 tsp of Nescafe decafe coffee granuals. I love strawberries too! So to this I just add 10 strawberries. So incredibly easy.

Brazil Nuts. YUMMY!

Oh I walk 6kms + almost every day so my body is getting so toned! I put on my Christmas pants (pants I bought to wear on Christmas day) and they just look stupid on me now. My thighs don't chafe when I walk to work anymore! I feel so great.

Anyway - I am just so happy and wanted to share with you all. Also I hope my success and staples give you guys some ideas.

LucyCL
Sun, Feb-17-02, 04:19
Hi!
Thank you for the tip about the stir-fry sauce - we love stir fries but up until now I have not known which sauce to use. Off to Woollies tomorrow - so I shall get some! Thanks too for the ice cream recipe - we are so bored of SF jelly!

Well done on losing almost a stone- Rog (MY DH) has also lost about a stone - so he is happy!!

Keep it up!!
Lucy

Marg
Sun, Feb-17-02, 04:52
Hi there, Well done on your weight loss, and thanks for the stir fry and ice cream recipe can't wait to try both of them I agree with Lucy I am so sick of SF jelly.

Marg.

Bloom
Sun, Feb-17-02, 19:10
Great going :thup: Im just starting out on my journey and hope i have the same success :)

Id like to know just how you go about making the ice cream from the ingredients listed?

Jenny