PDA

View Full Version : My P.L.A.N. vs FitDay

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ruthla
Tue, Jul-17-07, 11:50
I've been tracking my food intake on FitDay since I started LC. It's certainly not perfect, so I'm investigating My P.L.A.N. instead.

I like the way myplan lets me input stuff for specific meals and snacks, rather than just daily totals

I like the way myplan keeps track of a lot more nutrients (such as caffeine) than FitDay.

I like the fact that I can put in ingredients and let the computer do the per-serving calculations, even though I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. In fact, this is the feature that led me to seek out alternatives to FitDay.

But I miss being able to click on "nutrient report" and see how close I am to the DV for each nutrient at a glance. Sure, the DV may not be the most accurate measure of how much of each nutrient we need, but it's still a quick way to know if I'm close to getting a balanced diet, or if I need to make different food choices to emphasize different nutrients.

It also threw me for a loop when I got the "server is too busy" message when I was trying to input the rest of breakfast. Is this site too unreliable?

Should I just stick to FitDay since there's no learning curve (I already know how to use it) and not waste time learning new ways to track my food intake?

tamarian
Tue, Jul-17-07, 13:56
Thanks for the feedback.

As to DV%, it has been suggested, and maybe added in the future with customization to allow for different DV% (it differs per country, so might as well let each person decide their own requirements).

As to reliability, we don't have the resources of commercial websites, think of MyPLAN as someone's (moi) hobby to improve when I have some spare time. Not telling you to go away :) just being honest about what to expect and when.

Wa'il

pennink
Tue, Jul-17-07, 14:32
I really like MyPlan.

It's here, it's easy, and I look forward to using it daily. Thanks for providing it!

TimesTwo
Tue, Jul-17-07, 20:25
As to DV%, it has been suggested, and maybe added in the future with customization to allow for different DV% (it differs per country, so might as well let each person decide their own requirements).I love this idea!

chrisgil10
Sun, Aug-26-07, 09:48
"I like the fact that I can put in ingredients and let the computer do the per-serving calculations, even though I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet"

ok so I dont know how to do this either when i enter all the ingredients in the bulk entry I use mutiple meal option but no what how do i get it to calculate per serving???

tamarian
Sun, Aug-26-07, 10:16
The "per serving" is done for recipes. But items and bulk items can still be "portioned" by changing the value in the amount box.

Wa'il

Kisal
Sun, Aug-26-07, 15:40
I love My P.L.A.N. I think it's wonderful, far better than Fitday! It takes a while to learn all the ins and outs of it, but the forum is always here to help when you have a question. That's possibly the main thing that won me over.

Thank you for pursuing this hobby, Wa'il! :rheart: