PDA

View Full Version : Headache?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stilldeb
Wed, Feb-13-02, 09:51
Just wondering, on induction, is a really terrible headache a common reaction? I just cannot seem to shake this thing. I do get migraines, but they usually respond to medication and go away. This one is different, and has been hanging around for a week or more.

:(

Gator
Wed, Feb-13-02, 12:27
Debbie, my first week was rough too. I had headaches, was weak, tired, and pretty much felt like the bottom of the bird cage, and the cage papers hadn't been changed in a month. :cry:

This was withdrawls from all of the junk I had been eating, similar to what I went through when I quit smoking 7 years ago.

But once I got through the initial pain, I felt better than I have felt in years. :yay:

It takes several days for the toxins to get out of your body, and when they do, your body is telling you to replace them with more.

Hang in there, it gets much better, and when those "Sunshine" moments start happening, it will all be worth it.

http://www.donriddle.com/art2.jpg

bsayne
Tue, Feb-19-02, 16:21
Hope you get this! If you start a journal, we'll know where to find you!

I was a former migraine sufferer, disabled at times with 2-4 a month. The detox headache from carbs and caffeine was the worst I had ever experienced...lasted 4-5 days and it was all I could do not to take anything or go to the hospital for a shot of something stronger..Medication will actually prolong the headache for some. Hope you are feeling past it now and if possible stay away from any pain meds as once you are clear the migraines should be gone...real gone! I have had 2 in the past five months and they were no where near as bad as before with obvious triggers...weather change, and MSG! Hope yours pack up and leave too!

Beth