PDA

View Full Version : Time to Confess

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sailfish
Sat, Feb-09-02, 16:21
Ok - I hope I feel better after this. I met my boyfriend on Thurday night 1/2 between our two locations (he's in toronto - i'm in maryland). We can't be together for Valentine's day so this was our celebration of V-day. The first night was fine - even though we went to an italian resturant - i didn't eat any bread, had a good salad and had baked chicken. Didn't TOUCH the desert he ordered. Then on Friday - when we got back from driving around all afternoon - there was roses, chocolate and champagne in the room - OH he is the sweetest man in the world - and he just really wanted to surprise me .... I thought if i could make it without touching the chocolate and only having a small bit of the bubbly - i'd be fine ... but he was so excited and wanted me to open the chocolate (begium at that!) ... one piece lead to another lead to another. I felt so sick!

But to make it worse - when we went to dinner that night i couldn't handle the craving for bread (thanks to that darn chocolate)! This morning I trashed the rest of the chocolates and decided that I would have to have a talk with the man.

This isn't one of those situations where he is trying to sabotage my diet - he just wasn't really aware that i was on the diet since i didn't get back on it until we were in this long distance relationship - when we were practically living together last year - i wasn't "really" on this diet .... i was more on maintainance.

Anyway - I'm back on my own - and we are only together every two weeks - so I'll have to be prepared the next time we are together.

Thanks for listening - i do feel better :-)