PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nolly
Thu, Feb-07-02, 23:32
:confused: I weighed myself yesterday morning & I had lost another 4 lbs. Today I weighed myself & I'm back up 4lbs. What am I doing wrong? Here's my intake for the day:

Total: 3823cal
Fat: 321 2886 78%
Sat: 83 749 20%
Poly: 20 183 5%
Mono: 89 801 22%
Carbs: 26 88 2%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 187 747 20%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I am into my 3rd week so I'm no longer on induction but I'm still trying to keep my carbs low.:help:

Karen
Fri, Feb-08-02, 01:11
What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, except for weighing yourself everyday and letting it bother you. If you want to weigh every day, record your weight daily and calculate the weekly average at the end of seven days.

Check out Hot Links! in the Newbies Questions forum for a link called "Do You Expect your Progress to be all Losses?" It's a great thread on the subject.

Karen

Natrushka
Fri, Feb-08-02, 07:37
As Karen said, Nolly. You're not doing anything wrong. Weight fluctuates daily and weekly. While you're doing some reading try this article on for size Why the sacles lie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25651&highlight=Scales+AND+lie) .

Nat

nolly
Fri, Feb-08-02, 13:08
Thank you Nat & Karen. It's so frustrating when you work hard at living a better life & then see no results (or worse). The article made sense to me, with the exception of the calorie intake part, which eventually did when I saw that the writer was not pro LC. I guess I began to doubt LC when the scales went up! :o
Thanks...AGAIN -Nolly

:wave:

jmey100
Sat, Feb-09-02, 18:03
I was reading your post, You make no mention of water...that is essential and when you slip from water your body starts holding it again

Karen53
Sat, Feb-09-02, 19:09
Hi Nolly,
I saw in another one of your posts that you have MS......so do I. Just wanted to say hi to another person with MS and wish you luck with LC. I'm relatively new to LC, I started Atkins on January 2 and have lost 12 pounds so far.

You know that "brain fog" that I always blamed on MS is gone since I started following this diet. I guess it was the way I was eating after all!