PDA

View Full Version : soooooooooooooo hopeful............

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

innovis
Sat, Apr-28-07, 09:13
...............that i just have to share, even though some would not consider what i am about to share a success, to me it is HUGE!!!!!!

the last week in march i decided to try low carb AGAIN. i started out with protein, fat and dairy for the first 2 weeks. then i started reading about *fatkins* and thought ooooooooooooooooooooooooh i LOVE butter and cream. so reduced my protein, increased my fat, and continued on for another 2 weeks. and while i was losing weight, after 2 weeks of low carb and 2 more weeks of low carb high fat, i was SOOOOOOO disgusted by food and so nauseated by it, i could hardly stand one more day, soooooooooo, i started adding some carbs back and used only the fat i needed for taste. i have been doing this for 2 weeks now, and for me, IT HAS BEEN WONDERFUL! i enjoy food again, but the cravings and hunger is completely gone. my energy has gone way up (even with being sick the past 2 weeks, my energy is higher than it has been in YEARS!) and i rarely want more than 3 light meals a day. so i guess i am sharing this because while i certainly do need to watch my carb intake and what i eat for carbs (so far low carb wraps once or twice a day, and yogurt with fruit every day) i also NEED carbs to function at optimum level FOR ME and to totally take away the cravings etc.

and in the past 6 weeks i have lost a total of 13 lbs!!!!!!!!! for me, this is beyond anything i have been able to do in years. i am keeping my fingers and toes crossed :lol: , but feel more hopeful than i have felt in a long long time.

i guess my other point of sharing this, is that while there may be one journey, there are many paths. thank you all for being here and sharing ALL (the good, the bad and the ugly). it has helped me more than i can say. HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS, diana

Prov. 31
Sun, Apr-29-07, 20:29
Hooray for you!

Hannie2007
Sun, Apr-29-07, 21:39
Well done! :D Thanks for giving me more motivation to stick at it!

innovis
Mon, Apr-30-07, 06:22
(((((((((((((((hannie and prov 31)))))))))))))) thank you soooooooo much for your encouragement. it means so very very much. hugs and blessings, diana

molmerlin
Mon, Apr-30-07, 07:05
congratulations on your weight loss. How wonderful to be in the one's instead of the two's!!! I am teetering on the brink myself, and can't wait. Make sure you add variety to your menu so you don't get burned out on the wraps. It gets easierr every day, but the temptation is still there. For me, the breakroom at work occasionally has those raspberry zingers in the machine, and i SWEAR they are calling to me. In fact, I had some kind of intervention with them last week, I decided I WOULD buy them, WOULD eat them ,and no one could stop me. So, first, the machine would not take my dollar. fine, I used the change machine and got quarters. Quarters worked fine, but guess what, the zingers got hung up on that little hook behind them. they wouldn't drop. Tell me THAT wasn't a sign!!! I took it as such and walked away. funny, yes? :wave:

Judynyc
Tue, May-01-07, 10:24
i was SOOOOOOO disgusted by food and so nauseated by it, i could hardly stand one more day, soooooooooo, i started adding some carbs back and used only the fat i needed for taste. i have been doing this for 2 weeks now, and for me, IT HAS BEEN WONDERFUL! i enjoy food again, but the cravings and hunger is completely gone

Way to go on your loss!! :cheer:

More important, on your realizing that adding good carbs back in is a good thing!! :thup: Which carbs have you been adding in?

innovis
Wed, May-02-07, 08:26
judy, thank you so much!! so far i am adding in only low carb whole wheat tortillas (2 a day max) and yogurt with fruit (1/2 real plain yogurt w/ 1/3 c. raspberries and 1 T flax seed and 1 T pecans) i eat as much veggies and protein as i need to keep satisfied. and i MUCH prefer lean meats like fish and chicken. however i feel like everything is very balanced. and it feels sooooo wonderful not to crave anymore and to feel satisfied. although i am not counting calories per se, i have been averaging about 1500 calories. and if i want something i cant eat, i have one bite. last week my daughter stopped at coldstone for ice cream. i had one spoonful of hers. it was enough. and i did not feel deprived.

i have tried every low carb diet under the sun, including south beach (got carried away with the carbs). this is by far the easiest and most successful woe i have found to date. i feel like i can easily do this the rest of my life!

AND this morning i measured my waist and i am down 4 inches!!!!!!!!!!! if i lose no where else but my tummy, i will be THRILLED.

thank you for your support. i am so grateful to have found this board. AND i am so impressed with your stats! you have done so WELL!!! diana