PDA

View Full Version : Hi ALL!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kittymac
Fri, Apr-27-07, 11:11
I just want to say hi to all of my fellow PCOS'ers!

I'm back on the LC wagon again. I have tried so many different diets, and was vegetarian for quite awhile.

I love the ethics of the veg eating, but it reaked havoc on my body. I gained weight, and all of my other symptoms got worse.

So, here I am again.

Looking forward to getting to know you gals! :)

spring2007
Fri, Apr-27-07, 11:49
I tried to be vegetarian too (for moral reasons) and I have to agree w/ you... it didn't do good things for me. I feel much better when I am LC and eating some meat for protein. It is great to hear that you were able to not only get pregnant but to be a mother of 5! I am trying to get healthy so that my dh and I can start having a family! You give me hope!!

kittymac
Fri, Apr-27-07, 16:09
Thanks for your reply!
As to my children, I had 3 from the age of 17 to 22, before my PCOS got really bad. It took 4 years of ttc to have my fourth. What worked was low carbing, Vitex and using Soy Protein Isolate capsules in place of Clomid.

With #5, it was a complete shock! Though... I WAS low carbing then as well.

Please don't give up hope..there are SO many options out there..and low carbing is a wonderful start! If I can help in any way...with asvice, or even just someone to vent to..I'm here. :)