PDA

View Full Version : suggestions please

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LucyCL
Thu, Feb-07-02, 20:04
Tomorrow evening - we are going to a party at our church. Everyone has to take a meal which can be shared among many - (bring & share). Trouble is, I can't think what to take. Normally I would take a lasagne or chilli or something like that. It would be best if the meal were a cold one which can be made in large quantity. (without costing too much)
Any bright ideas?

Lucy

Atriana
Thu, Feb-07-02, 20:33
Deviled eggs.
Chefs salad
Chicken wings
Cheese/Meat platter
Meatballs and or Sausage Parmigiana
Mozzarella Salad

Hope that helps a little!

K-Louise
Fri, Feb-08-02, 03:27
Hi Lucy, I usually take along to parties a BIG caesar salad (minus the croutons), complete with hard boiled eggs, bacon, shredded chicken

Gemma
Thu, Feb-21-02, 05:00
Make your usual lasagne recipe but replace the lasagne sheets with either slices of zuccini (courgette) or blanched white cabbage leaves. It is really yummy - you can do alternate layers of zuccini and cabbage for another alternative. If you use white sauce in your lasagne, try cutting that out and just putting slices of mozzarella cheese in its place.

Bye

Gemma

Bloom
Thu, Feb-21-02, 13:05
Thats sounds really yum Gemma, I'll give that a go :yum:

lesleyc
Thu, Feb-21-02, 13:15
You can still go with the white sauce too. Just make it with butter and cream :yum:

Lesley

CherylAust
Sun, Feb-24-02, 07:13
K-louise,
your Caeser Salad suggestion came just at the right time, I have to take something to share to a party on Saturday. Thank you

Cheryl :wave: