PDA

View Full Version : Need a buddy.....100 to loose

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MYAMARA
Thu, Feb-07-02, 13:07
I have 100lbs to loose to reach my goal of 130........need a buddy to help encourage me. :daze:

lesleyc
Thu, Feb-07-02, 17:23
Hi Myamara

This whole board is full of buddies. if you start up a journal you'll have heaps of callers popping in to see how you are going.

There's also a triple digits club for those with 100lbs or more to lose so check that ourt and say hello.

You'll have heaps of buddies in no time ;)

Lesley

hoosiergal
Sun, Mar-03-02, 14:15
sounds like we are about in the same boat !
would love to have a buddy to help me out and likewise.
I had intended to start the Adkins back in January and due to many reasons (basicly lack of willpower) just truly started this week.

DeeX2
Tue, Mar-12-02, 06:56
Looks like we need to lose the same amount Myamara. If you need more buddies, I would love to be one!

Elora Jade
Fri, Mar-15-02, 11:12
I have the same amount to loose and would love to give and get a little support. I just started this plan, and I need friends to keep my butt in line (I am the one who starts a project like Knitting, crosstitching, scrapping etc in piles all over the house and never finishes anything) There is one cross stitch that I was/am/?? doing that I started at the birth of by girlfriends baby, about 9 years ago, still not done. However this is different, I WANT to finish this thing!

DeeX2
Fri, Mar-15-02, 12:41
Im only about a week into the program myself! Every day gets so much easier. I have msn, yahoo. and aol messengers. Do you use any of these?

:wave:

Elora Jade
Fri, Mar-15-02, 18:25
AOL is not as popular in Canada as in the states, so I have never gotten on with them. my yahoo handle is elora_jade and for MSN its Elorajade (I'm getting senile, its easier to have all the same name! :daze: ) Yours?

I have really found that it gets easier, it really reminds me of quitting smoking, most of the time I look at high carb stuff and go, bad, bad, food. But then there are times when (like today) I go grocery shopping and I kept drifting by the easter candy, mind you it dosent help that the store seems to ambush you with the little displays of rice krispy chocolate bunnies, easter cream eggs and malted eggs (mmmm). ITs almost like the craving jumps out at you and smacks you in the head eh? But I didnt cave in, I just kept thinking that it only takes "1". Today is day 7 of the plan for me and I have lost on the plan 4.5 lbs, plus fat percentages, its great. You?

odd sock
Wed, Mar-27-02, 11:27
Hello all! (What? Elora here as well? :rolleyes: heeheehee)

I have about 100 pounds to drop, so I am qualified.
Sometimes I don't post regularly, so you have to forgive and always know that I'm still out there somewhere cheering all of you on! I have had a quasi-hiccup in my loss recently... shot back up to 227 in two days. I KNOW that it is water retention, but still, it is nice to have a place to moan about it.

It sounds like everyone is off to a great start so far. It is hard work, especially when our goal may take such a long time to realise in the flesh... literally. But I think all we truly need is a bit of motivation to stay on track, yes? Reminders to all (yes, especially me) to drink that water and get in any exercise that you can! Go Go GO!

Looks like a nice group! We have DeeX2 :) , hoosiergal :) , Myamara :) , Elora J. :) , and me :daze: .

Elora! :nono: Easter is not about candy! Easter is about renewal and casting off the old dead things like bad eating! Stay away from those chocs! Good for you not caving in! And stop writing about it in such vivid description! :rolleyes:
And double that to anyone thinking about Peeps! :D

See you all soon!

odd sock
Thu, Mar-28-02, 10:13
I just noticed that all of us (so far) have a weight goal of 130 pounds and was wondering why that weight?

I chose 130 because it sounded about right for my height, which is 5'4" if my hair is sticking up a bit (but 162 cm exactly!) When I get around that weight, I will have to do an evaluation to what is right for me. I keep thinking that since I will be adding more muscle, perhaps the total will be higher.

Anyone else? Any newbies to the group add your comments too, even if your goal is more or less! :)

Elora Jade
Thu, Mar-28-02, 22:01
I honestly dont know why I chose 130, I guess it sounded like a nice round number, more realisticaly it would probably be more like 140/150 because I have a medium frame and am fairly muscular. I have never been "thin" I have always been a stocky tom-boyish kind of person, then when puberty struck so did the weight!

P.S. I am 5 foot 3 and three quarters!! (when youre this short every quarter inch matters)

DeeX2
Wed, Apr-10-02, 16:26
Im still with you! I have just had a very hectic couple of weeks here. I do taxes for people in my neighborhood and needless to say the last couple of weeks are always my busiest. Why people who usually get money back wait until the last minute I have yet to figure out.

I also have a 3 yr old who is severly speech delayed and I finally got him in to school. It's been a hassle to do it, but he now goes three days a week in addition to speech therapy 2 days a week. The speech therapy days are very long 130 miles round trip.

Between all that and watching my 5 month old nephew during the day, I don't have a lot of time lately. I need to better organize myself. Im doing good with the diet, but everything else in my life seems to fall apart. I tend to get side tracked easily also. And have tons of unfinished craft projects laying around.

I will add you to my msn and yahoo messenger, I'll send a message along with the add, because to be honest I can never remember what name I have with what messenger. Must be old age setting in! :daze:

Hope everything has been going well for both of you lately!

LORI JO
Tue, Apr-23-02, 18:31
Hello! I just joined last Friday. I've got 88 to lose, but the same goal weight as most of you. (88s real close to 100 - Ok, so I'm math impaired!!)

Do you have room for one more?

Lori Jo

grits088
Thu, Jul-14-05, 12:02
Hi there!!! When do you want to start. I had a heart breaking experience yesterday. The last time I got on the scale I was at 265. I weighed myself yesterday on some medical scales and my mouth just dropped open when I saw 295. So it is time to do something, but I need a buddy to help me stay focused. So if you are interested please get back with me. If you have AOL, or yahoo....just let me know where we can chat that way.

Let me know when you are ready to start? We'll start ours together. If that is OK with you. :help:

Thanks

fritz05
Thu, Jul-14-05, 12:26
Hello!!! Would love to join in...I have 86 lbs to my first goal, then would like to see 150... :)
Tammy