PDA

View Full Version : I'm so mad at myself !!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kaitlin
Tue, Feb-05-02, 00:41
I can't belive myself, I've been good all day but for some odd reason, i suddenly had this huge craving for chocolate and gobbled a whole bad of truffles ! I'm so disgusted. While i was chomping away, I actually felt sick but there was this immense power and i kept on gobbling. YUCK !! I'm only one week into my induction and i already caved in. I feel so weak.

Support from all you strong choc avoiders much needed. :(

Jerzee
Tue, Feb-05-02, 10:48
We all make mistakes sometimes and although you cannot change what you did, you can learn from it and come out stronger. What I would do is start induction over again and the next time you are tempted, just remember how it set you back a week.

Gator
Tue, Feb-05-02, 10:50
Hi Kaitlin,

I am also a terrible carb/chocolate addict. My idea of a modest dessert was to get a large serving bowl, and line the bottom with warm brownies/walnuts, add in a thick layer of chocolate chip ice cream, top that with cashews/M&M's, pour hot fudge over the entire mountain, squirt on the whipped cream, and throw on a half dozen cherries for good measure!

I have been lc'ing for 5 weeks now, and have lost nearly 40 pounds. It was rough the first 2 weeks, with headaches, weakness, etc....From what I've been reading here, that was withdrawls from the toxins.

I feel better now than I have felt in years, and I'm just getting started.

I had several falst starts, but kept trying and didn't give up. Just keep getting up, and make this minute the first minute of the rest of your life.

Just because you slid a little, does not mean you have "blown" it. There really is no black and white, just a million shades of gray.

So hang in there, and know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Some of us have longer tunnels than others, but the light is there nonetheless.

http://www.donriddle.com/art2.jpg

razzle
Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:01
kaitlin, definitely forgive yourself and get right back on board. You might read my post to SLynnTX today for informational purposes.

Also, consider taking extra magnesium--sometimes chocolate cravings are due to a need for that mineral.

kaitlin
Thu, Feb-07-02, 01:34
Thanks so much guys!!! You probably won't realize how much those words of encouragement mean to me. I went and exercised for 2 hours today as a form of punishment for my wrong doing and now I'm back to square one. As you all said, I'm taking my caving in as a lesson. I actually felt that the chocolate didn't taste all that good to me after all...coming out of a chocoholic's mouth, that's pretty incredible !! I heard that low carb eating does something to your taste buds and carby foods just doesn't taste the same anymore.

I'm back on track and this time, I will not permit any of those nasty cravings take control over me.

ps. I will take the mag supplement to help me out abit.

Thanks again !! you guys are awesome! :p

Pearl
Thu, Feb-07-02, 17:22
I always get cravings but grabing my water and filling up with that soon gets rid of them for me.

Pearl :wave:

nOcaRbgurL
Thu, Feb-07-02, 22:28
I've also given in to temptations on my third day of LC'ing, but I've vowed to jump right back on and start fresh and new. I belive we all will learn from our mistakes and in a couple weeks time, we will, more than likely, be proud of our efforts and that keeps me staying in. We can all be in this together. Since finding this site, I'm addicted!!! So much wonderful appreciation for everyone and so much encouragement!!! I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to go through this with. You guys and gals rock!!

kaitlin
Thu, Feb-07-02, 23:01
The support from this forum really helps a ton. I'm happy that I've learnt from my past mistakes and now, I too try to control my cravings by drinking lots of water. Thanks again for all your help and encouragement !! :roll:

Pearl
Thu, Feb-07-02, 23:03
I am very glad to hear you are still going for it.
:cheer:

If ever you feel down always look in the forums that is what I do.

Pearl :wave:

SLynnTx
Fri, Feb-08-02, 09:38
I know that when I slipped up ... I got on the forum and confessed and everyone was so great...they got me motivated to forgive myself and start over. Thanks everyone

kaitlin
Fri, Feb-08-02, 20:32
Checking the forum has definitely helped me tons and has turned into a daily ritual. I've been real good this week and happy to be back on track :daze:

I got a real good suggestion from KarenB (a true goddess!) and now I calculate my carbs,cal and activity spent on fitday.com. It's amazing bc now i know exactly how much I'm consuming and burned off each day.

Hope all of you are hanging in there ;)

KarenB
Sat, Feb-09-02, 02:02
Another person calling me "Goddess"!!!

I give you the same warning I gave Carolyn--before long you women will have inflated my ego to the point where it will no longer go with my svelte body! :lol:

Seriously, though, Kaitlin--you're doing great. The thing I love about this WOL is that when we fall down, it's *not* difficult to hop up and get going again. Self-forgiveness is the most difficult kind to master. It's worth it, though. Really really.