PDA

View Full Version : newbie could use some help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amyKH
Sun, Feb-03-02, 22:07
Hi,

My name is Amy and I'm fat. :daze:

I'm not very good at introducing myself, but I think I need this forum, so I figured I better make myself do this.

I read Dr. Atkin's book in December and tried going on the induction diet immediately. I did very well, if I do say so myself, however the holidays overtook my willpower. I lost 13 pounds before the holidays and managed to gain back 10. I have had a very hard time getting myself back onto the diet.

I've found since taking myself off the Atkins plan that I'm tired all the time and don't seem to have any energy anymore. I really, really want to get back into the program, but at this point it seems so difficult.

My husband was an excellent cheerleader while I was following the Atkins plan, and he is encouraging me to get back on it simply because he wants me to feel better again. I know he will help me as much as he can, however he's not one to follow the low carb way of life, so I could really use some additional support.

Anyone looking for someone to exchange emails, IMs, ICQs, etc. of support and encouragement, PLEASE look me up! I could really use it too!

Thanks!
Amy

SomaGuRL
Sun, Feb-03-02, 22:16
Hi Amy,
Welcome to the forum! :wave: I'm a relatively new member and I'm also from California! I hope you find the encouragement and support here to get back on the LC wagon. It's just the assimilation into the diet in the beginning that's always the most difficult. But you did it before so I'm sure you can do it again!
Best of luck and give your baby my love :)

-Carol